Requirements for a 12 Month Non O

I usually get my 12 month Multi Entry Non O visa based on marriage from the UK. The requirements there are 3 months bank statements showing an income of £1400 per month, copy of marriage certificate and a copy of either your wife's Thai ID card or her passport. Obviously, as its not an extension, this visa means 90 day reporting - I'm fine with that.  I rarely stay longer than 90 days but I do need the visa as I was given a warning a couple of years ago for entering too many times on visa waiver.

This year I may have reason to apply for the visa from a neighbouring country such as Laos.  I'm told that at Savannakhet I don't need proof of income but I will need a copy of my wife's Tabien Baan (not required at London).  Has anyone obtained such a visa without a copy of the Tabien Baan?  What are the usual requirements at Laos crossings?

Actually the income requirement is a error on the London embassy website. In reality they don't ask for it.

You certainly be required to show a copy of your wife's tamien ban registry and her ID card signed by her in Savannakhet. You will also need your marriage certificate plus a copy of it.

You will need to get a Lao visa on arrival to enter Laos. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Actually the income requirement is a error on the London embassy website. In reality they don't ask for it.

You certainly be required to show a copy of your wife's tamien ban registry and her ID card signed by her in Savannakhet. You will also need your marriage certificate plus a copy of it.

Seems we wrote at the same time. The Tabien Baan was not needed when i went for it last May. But it's of course always better to have more documents than needed. 

1 minute ago, jenny2017 said:

Seems we wrote at the same time. The Tabien Baan was not needed when i went for it last May. But it's of course always better to have more documents than needed. 

It is certainly a standard requirement at Savannakhet. You may of been lucky they did not ask for it last year.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I've held such a visa for at least 10 years and always sent 3 months bank statements. Several people have told me recently that I don't have to provide financial details at London so last year I called them to ask, they told me they do require the bank statements.  If that's what they want, who am I to argue? Not a problem for me to provide proof of income anyway.

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is certainly a standard requirement at Savannakhet. You may of been lucky they did not ask for it last year.

My apologies! I was just asking my Missus and she had signed a copy of her Tabien Baan as well. I must have forgotten this document, sorry. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I've held such a visa for at least 10 years and always sent 3 months bank statements. Several people have told me recently that I don't have to provide financial details at London so last year I called them to ask, they told me they do require the bank statements.  If that's what they want, who am I to argue? Not a problem for me to provide proof of income anyway.

Blimey, you must be the only person ever to have a call answered!

Providing proof of income isn't a bad thing, but they do not, based on many reports, enforce that requirement. I have had two Non 'O' visas from them since 2016, and only sent a copy of my marriage certificate and my wifes ID both times.

5 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

The requirements there are 3 months bank statements showing an income of £1400 per month

IMO the financial requirement given on the website doesn't make sense.

"(3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 annually.)"

It appears to ask for 3 bank statements showing a monthly income that would equate to at least £1,400 a year. That would only be £117 pm, which seems pointlessly low. If it's asking for a monthly income of £1,400 that would seem to be too high given those living in the country only need to have an income of 40K baht pm (less than £1,000 pm).

16 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Obviously, as its not an extension, this visa means 90 day reporting - I'm fine with that.

I'm pretty sure a multiple entry does not require 90 day reporting.  

It only allows 90 day permission to stay for each entry.  If you stay longer than 90 days you'd be on overstay.

10 minutes ago, TerryLH said:

I'm pretty sure a multiple entry does not require 90 day reporting.  

It only allows 90 day permission to stay for each entry.  If you stay longer than 90 days you'd be on overstay.

You've got to leave Thailand every 90 days, there's no TM 47 involved. 

8 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Don't all foreigners, visa or extension, have to do 90 day reports?

A multiple entry non-O only allows for 90 day permission of stay per entry, no need to make 90 day report as you're not stay over 90 days. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

A multiple entry non-O only allows for 90 day permission of stay per entry, no need to make 90 day report as you're not stay over 90 days. 

There is the O-A visa which allows a one-year permission to stay which would require 90-day reporting if remaining in the country for more than 90 days.

2 minutes ago, Swimman said:

There is the O-A visa which allows a one-year permission to stay which would require 90-day reporting if remaining in the country for more than 90 days.

Thar option is only for retirement, not for marriage. 

I obtained a multi non o visa frm london based on marriage in nov last year without showing any proof of funds. You can extend the 90 days by 60 easily at most immigration offices meaning you get 150 days per entry if needed before having to exit/re enter. No need to report if going for an extension as this would count as a report due to you having to submit address details at the time of extending. If going for a years extension, which ive never personally done, you would need to show proof of bank funds and do 90 day reports.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

My apologies - mistake, I meant a visa run every 90 days as opposed to 90 day reporting as would be available on an extension. Hence the fact that I say it doesn't bother me as I rarely stay longer than 90 days.

Edited by KhaoYai

3 hours ago, Jay2013 said:

I obtained a multi non o visa frm london based on marriage in nov last year without showing any proof of funds. You can extend the 90 days by 60 easily at most immigration offices meaning you get 150 days per entry if needed before having to exit/re enter. No need to report if going for an extension as this would count as a report due to you having to submit address details at the time of extending. If going for a years extension, which ive never personally done, you would need to show proof of bank funds and do 90 day reports.

I'm aware of all that except that London asked me to provide proof of income - no problem with that but please note, my question was about whether a tabien baan is needed at crossings in Laos.

15 hours ago, elviajero said:

Blimey, you must be the only person ever to have a call answered!

That was the only time I've ever needed to call them and had no problem.  My Mrs has called them a few times on various matters over the years - I don't remember her saying she'd had a problem with them not answering.

5 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Thar option is only for retirement, not for marriage. 

It’s available to anyone over 50. It’s a ‘long stay’ visa sometimes marketed as a “retirement visa”, but there’s nothing excluding someone whose married to a Thai.

4 hours ago, elviajero said:

It’s available to anyone over 50. It’s a ‘long stay’ visa sometimes marketed as a “retirement visa”, but there’s nothing excluding someone whose married to a Thai.

The OP wanted advice for non - O based on marriage don't let this topic go for reasons of retirement, now closed.