Experience with dental braces for child

attrayant

It seems like so many kids have them, even if their teeth were fairly straight to begin with. Some of my former students told me they think braces look cute, and got them mostly for that reason.

Based on that, I’m guessing they should be pretty inexpensive here?

Does anyone have experience with getting a ten year old boy fitted with dental braces? What’s the initial installation cost and the periodic tune-up visits for tightening? Is this something that any corner dental clinic can easily do?

Expect will cost about 50k over several years - larger dental websites will have prices quoted.  It should be done by someone who knows what they are doing as often will involve removal of teeth for best results and they need frequent adjusting.  I would not even consider doing for the current fad reasons however.   Expect they may be cheaper when just done for fashion reasons.

True braces are not at all inexpensive here.

For all dental care, the only thing that costs less is labor. The material and devices, often imported, cost as much or more than in the west.

"Fashion" braces, I don't know about..

19 hours ago, attrayant said:

Does anyone have experience with getting a ten year old boy fitted with dental braces?

My wife asked at what age our kids can be fitted with braces and she was told not 'til age 11-12, after all adult teeth have appeared.

By about age 12 or 13, most kids have lost all of their baby teeth and have a full set of permanent teeth.

Archived