Thai police tell British YouTuber extortion attempt was just idle threat

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

You should try transferring some money and report back, right?

I thought about it. Could have done it. I decided that it probably wouldn't matter at all even if I did a transfer and it worked as it wouldn't likely change anything. Decided to delete the account from my 3rd Party list instead. 

If someone else really wanted to (for some reason) they could add the account and make the transfer. Pretty sure if you can successfully add the account, you'll be able to successfully make the transfer as well.

7 hours ago, alfalfa19 said:

donc ... juste une menace inutile, même si la lettre menaçante avait des instructions très précises quant à l'endroit où envoyer l'argent. 

If there is a real extortion, why the bank account is close for a long time already?
Too many things are not logical in this story, I would like to hear more from the Thai police and this famous "Thierry Perenon".

• Like 1

I think this story is a big fake, if it was thierry perenon who send all of this emails, why he are In thailand right now? And live without judicial problems? 
The thai police and thierry perenon was talking with Dany??? <deleted> ?????? 
Why the bank account is already closed about 5 months? 
Thierry perenon want to do extortion with a fake bank account? :giggle::giggle::giggle:
Someone can explain me please?:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Still does not explain how the "wanna-be-special-ops-farang-french-sneaky-snitch-agent" got a DSI uniform and is parading all over the country with his golden wings and snitching on his peers ? :offtopic:....and how can a "undercover" agent be the slighest bit efficient,  if he posts his pics with his badges and golden wings in uniform all over social media ???? :cheesy:

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Still does not explain how the "wanna-be-special-ops-farang-french-sneaky-snitch-agent" got a DSI uniform and is parading all over the country with his golden wings and snitching on his peers ? :offtopic:....and how can a "undercover" agent be the slighest bit efficient,  if he posts his pics with his badges and golden wings in uniform all over social media ???? :cheesy:

Tesco

10 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Wow.

No one can look at the email header to see who sent the email ?

No one actually checked with the BANK to see if the account was really closed ?

If that account was really closed "months ago" I shouldn't be able to add it to my 3rd party transfer list, should I ? I shouldn't get an OTOP message right ? I shouldn't get a Confirmation message telling me that the account had been added, right ? :whistling:

I was going to say that I doubt that email was sent from a French police officer. I highly doubt he would use the term "monkey house" when communication with another foreigner. The grammar and the spelling were also very poor, even for a Frenchman. Having said that though, I've seen some pretty poor grammar and spelling from a lot of native English speakers, usually of questionable education levels. 

Interesting that when I did a quick search for "Theirry Perenon" it comes up with some similar articles, like these:
March 3, 2018 - http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/03/03/foreign-dsi-agent-threatens-editor-remove-story-russian-whistleblowers/

March 5, 2018 - http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/03/05/dsi-investigates-foreign-agent-threats-reporters/ 

April 23, 2018 - https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1035028-french-agent-to-police-in-pattaya-linked-to-alleged-threats-against-youtuber/ (the original article for this particular thread)

"In March the Department of Special Investigation based in Bangkok said they were investigating Perenon with DSI chief Korrawat Panprapakorn saying that the Frenchman had misrepresented himself.

According to the chief Perenon was not a sworn officer. He was part of a volunteer group that sends in tips about the activities of foreign gangs.

So this bank is still open?

1 hour ago, gerard7 said:

I think this story is a big fake, if it was thierry perenon who send all of this emails, why he are In thailand right now? And live without judicial problems? 
The thai police and thierry perenon was talking with Dany??? <deleted> ?????? 
Why the bank account is already closed about 5 months? 
Thierry perenon want to do extortion with a fake bank account? :giggle::giggle::giggle:
Someone can explain me please?:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Thai police had spoken to him to suggest that the email demanding 200,000 baht had come from someone trying to discredit Thierry Perenon. Why only suggest? Why not their investigation concluded ?

And the bank account "is already closed about 5 months" ? Where did you read that?

Police contacted the Thai named as having the bank account and he was found to have closed the account many months before.

• Like 1

http://fab.tvpattaya.com/daily-news-news-27th-april-2018-fabulous-tv-pattaya/ "He called the editor demanding the story be removed that and his choice of words left alot to be desired" Seems he is on holiday from the Thai police force and with his team racing motorcycles and Thai Police can not wait for him to come back when he feels he is ready. So he knew before Danny he would have no problems.

45 minutes ago, pattayabgoodboy said:

Thai police had spoken to him to suggest that the email demanding 200,000 baht had come from someone trying to discredit Thierry Perenon. Why only suggest? Why not their investigation concluded ?

And the bank account "is already closed about 5 months" ? Where did you read that?

Police contacted the Thai named as having the bank account and he was found to have closed the account many months before.

I don't read it, I heard it at pattaya :cheesy:
There are rumors that maybe the bank account are closed for about 4 or 5 months, someone who tried to transfer money to this account asked for more informations at the bank about the account  and told that this account was closed about 5 months already. 
True or false? I do not know and I would like to know :cool: 

2 hours ago, gerard7 said:

I don't read it, I heard it at pattaya :cheesy:
There are rumors that maybe the bank account are closed for about 4 or 5 months, someone who tried to transfer money to this account asked for more informations at the bank about the account  and told that this account was closed about 5 months already. 
True or false? I do not know and I would like to know :cool: 

I would like to know how much money went thru that bank account :cool:

On 01/05/2018 at 3:26 PM, webfact said:

Subsequently Danny has spoken to the man called Thierry Perenon and is happy that he was not involved though it has not been fully explained how his email came to be used.

has it been explained already how Thierry got involved with that other threat in the case of the Russian sex instructors?

Naah, probably just another idle threat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Still does not explain how the "wanna-be-special-ops-farang-french-sneaky-snitch-agent" got a DSI uniform and is parading all over the country with his golden wings and snitching on his peers ?

I'm sure you must have heard about the American lawyer, who wasn't a lawyer but had a lawyers office on Thepprasit road, and was an adviser to the previous Pattaya mayor, who's father was convicted to 25 years in jail for murder and spend 1day in jail.

He also had his wings, but there are videos online that show he was even too scared to make the jump from the 3 meter high cable platform to earn his wings.

By the way, he did a runner a few years ago after being convicted for several extortion cases, and that is what will happen to Thierry also one day.

I’m sure thousands would like to know how you get a work permit as a YouTuber in Thailand. What’s the Job description? What company applied for the work permit to have Danny Boy teach English online for free. You see under Thai Law you don’t have to even derive an income from working to violate that law. So Danny has a work permit for a job that makes no money but he pays tax on. Something not right about every aspect of this story. Moral of the story is don’t make a big song and dance over 200 Baht when living in Thailand saves you thousands. Danny post up a picture or some details of your work permit for the job with no salary. The YouTuber work permit. The mind boggles! I think at the end Danny might get banned. No way he learned Thsi like that in a few years

A work permit as a YouTuber OK. I thought I had heard every story, but that one takes the cake. Please show us that WP. I learned Thai from Danny Boy = TOLLAIRE Farang Go Hock, ??? You really put your foot in your mouth this time Danny Boy! You see this new generation is all “Look at me, LOOK at ME”, I’m so popular on You Tube but really I’m just a Narcissistic <deleted> who is digging my own demise with statements like YouTuber Free service work permit holder. OK Danny time to put your work permit where your mouth is. All the Taxi Driver need do now is demand Danny produce the work permit he has confessed to possess. Ego, Eho now DB

Edited by Manny
Update