Poipet / Aranyaprathet

labpuri

going to Poipet / Aranyaprathet for a new 30 day visa and was thinking of staying 2 or 3 days on the Cambodian side of the border, any tips on places to stay/avoid were to go for nightlife entertainment clubs bars food hotels etc etc In and around Poipet ?

Edited by labpuri

Labpuri, I've got a personal Thai friend who is also a travel agent, and who goes quite often to this destination. He's great at finding good deals and decent food/accomodation. He speaks great English. His travel agency is relatively new, and he is eager to please. I'll send a private message to you with the contact details and you can take it from there, if you want.

TT

Labpuri, I've got a personal Thai friend who is also a travel agent, and who goes quite often to this destination. He's great at finding good deals and decent food/accomodation. He speaks great English. His travel agency is relatively new, and he is eager to please. I'll send a private message to you with the contact details and you can take it from there, if you want.

TT

Thanks for the info I will contact him as you suggested and see what he has to offer

Cheers !

If Poipet does not work out I was thinking of Laos as a back up destination, get a 30 day voa spend a few days

Depends whats available to do and see wife and I like to visit the bars and entertainment scene.. if they have any...

Why not take 3 days and visit Angkor Wat its only about 2 hours by taxi to Siem Reap. There are loads of buses going there also. I live in Aranyaprathet and there is nothing worth seeing in Poipet except filth, poverty with a dash of corruption.

Why not take 3 days and visit Angkor Wat its only about 2 hours by taxi to Siem Reap. There are loads of buses going there also. I live in Aranyaprathet and there is nothing worth seeing in Poipet except filth, poverty with a dash of corruption.

We were planning on spending 4 days so Siem Reap might be the place to go to. Both of us would like to see Ankor Wat as well,So day time activities= Ankor Wat + Shopping whats around after dark entertainment wise in Siem Reap ,

and were to stay when there ?

We both like to stay in a comfortable place, our budget is around $30<35us day, any suggestions on a hotel we can book into ?

appreciate the info and suggestions

thanks !

We were planning on spending 4 days so Siem Reap might be the place to go to. Both of us would like to see Ankor Wat as well,So day time activities= Ankor Wat + Shopping whats around after dark entertainment wise in Siem Reap ,

and were to stay when there ?

We both like to stay in a comfortable place, our budget is around $30<35us day, any suggestions on a hotel we can book into ?

appreciate the info and suggestions

thanks !

I booked in here www.auberge-mont-royal.com on one of their packages which seemed very good value. Unfortunately had to cancel so didn't end up going.

going to Poipet / Aranyaprathet for a new 30 day visa and was thinking of staying 2 or 3 days on the Cambodian side of the border, any tips on places to stay/avoid were to go for nightlife entertainment clubs bars food hotels etc etc In and around Poipet ?

Stay in Sa Kaeo..more hotels/resorts/spas etc... got a real lovely national park close by called Pang Sida.Assuming you have a car, only a quick drive to the border.