South Korea president says Trump deserves Nobel Peace Prize

webfact

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

But you just wrote that "it never happened?.

"Mr. Kim’s trip unfolded in extraordinary secrecy and security; it was confirmed only after he left Beijing on the same armored train that stirred speculation when it arrived mysteriously in the Chinese capital on Monday. "

The poster I was replying to said that Kim's "swinging the other way", meaning the purported seeking of a denuclearization of NK came after his meeting with Xi.  That's not so. It came after his meeting with SK officials where wish for Trump meeting was expressed and agreed to. THEN he went off to see Xi. If you have a link to back up his assertion feel free to provide it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

The poster I was replying to said that Kim's "swinging the other way", meaning the purported seeking of a denuclearization of NK came after his meeting with Xi.  That's not so. It came after his meeting with SK officials where wish for Trump meeting was expressed and agreed to. THEN he went off to see Xi. If you have a link to back up his assertion feel free to provide it.

It turns out you're correct.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2018/03/28/asia-pacific/beijing-meeting-xi-north-koreas-kim-says-hes-willing-talk-trump/#.WunN1oiFOUk

12 hours ago, keith101 said:

So he deserves the Nobel Peace Prize for continually threatening war what a joke .

Yes, but taking into consideration Obama received the Nobel peace and he armed the Syrian

opposition leading to civil war in Syria, 500 thousand dead, war crimes committed by both

sides, the refugee/migrant crisis in Europe, the destabilization of Libya which is now a failed

state. Henry Kissinger who was neck deep in the decisions to bomb civilians in Vietnam, Laos,

Cambodia as well as the assassination and regime change of a democratically elected government in Chile and replacement with the Military Junta led by Pinochet, amongst the many Central/South American CIA operations of the day. So while I do not see Trump as a strong candidate, if the Korean peninsula reaches a peace agreement between the two Koreas not just an armistice and it also becomes a nuclear-free zone I don't see why not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Obama received the Nobel peace before he had done anything at all. What a joke was that.

Not at all; I think every POTUS should get the peace prize if they do nothing at all!

• Like 2

Clever move by Moon  

Obviously re-unification is the goal and the USA will have to move out.

So best keep Trump on board through flattery, his most powerful lever.

I'll put money on the US not moving bases from South Korea if the two Koreas are reunited. 

It's too strategically important.

There is a thread on TV currently. SK President wants US bases to stay as part of any reconciliation agreement.

They're not going anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

His speech is already prepared.

It's gonna be bigly!

Your Majesties, Your Royal Highnesses, distinguished members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee:

But people tell me this is a big honor — the biggest, maybe. And I think this is very good for you, because your ratings are going through the roof right now. This crowd is much bigger than Obama’s was.

http://www.paywallnews.com/life/Opinion-|-President-Trump’s-Nobel-Peace-Prize-acceptance-speech.Sy5m3OLpf.html

• Haha 1

In the meanwhile, another big win for Trump.

North Korea releases U.S. detainees, bows to another Trump demand

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/2/north-korea-releases-us-detainees-bows-another-tru/

What a great President.

I consider midterm elections as safe.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/north-korea-releases-us-prisoners-2018-5?r=US&IR=T

Sent from a so called Smartphone using an App.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

It's awfully premature to be talking about a Nobel Peace Prize, especially when the suggested recipient really hasn't accomplished much of what he says he would (or did) accomplish. The only thing I can see that he has accomplished is the proliferation of lying, bullying and redefining "the end justifies the means". Oh yes, and putting men on notice that it's not okay to grab women by the puxxy.

The "Art of the Deal". Hogwash ! Mr Kim will out-deal Trump and throw him to the dogs.

BTW .... Does the Prize come gold plated? If not, Trump probably won't accept it.

9 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Is Kim or one of his representatives going to meet officially with Abe before the  Trump meeting?

Nope, you are not correct. Just as in many other cases a misinformed american that believes thier country is the greatest in the world.
Home of the brave and land of the free? Look at the state it´s in, and you can clearly see that it is not at all the truth.

How about black peoples rights?

What about the freedom to own a gun, that creates brave people that can shoot school children?

I guess you know we can go on forever with this. Now that is not the point. Just a wake up call for you to understand the truth is calling for you to open your eyes.

Trump would never have succeded with any kind of close to a solution or a meeting with North Korea, if China wouldn´t agreed to go on the same line. Just don´t tell me that Trump was so strong so he put pressure on China too. Last time it never happenend, so I guess a comment like that wont be far away, right? Below is the links to read.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/china-and-north-korea-a-fading-alliance_2267290.html

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/11/28/china-should-send-30000-troops-into-north-korea-symmetrical-reassurance/

http://stanfordpress.typepad.com/blog/2017/05/negotiating-north-korea.html

3 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

I'll put money on the US not moving bases from South Korea if the two Koreas are reunited. 

It's too strategically important.

There is a thread on TV currently. SK President wants US bases to stay as part of any reconciliation agreement.

They're not going anywhere.

Just like Vietnam?

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

Nope, you are not correct. Just as in many other cases a misinformed american that believes thier country is the greatest in the world.
Home of the brave and land of the free? Look at the state it´s in, and you can clearly see that it is not at all the truth.

How about black peoples rights?

What about the freedom to own a gun, that creates brave people that can shoot school children?

I guess you know we can go on forever with this. Now that is not the point. Just a wake up call for you to understand the truth is calling for you to open your eyes.

Trump would never have succeded with any kind of close to a solution or a meeting with North Korea, if China wouldn´t agreed to go on the same line. Just don´t tell me that Trump was so strong so he put pressure on China too. Last time it never happenend, so I guess a comment like that wont be far away, right? Below is the links to read.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/china-and-north-korea-a-fading-alliance_2267290.html

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/11/28/china-should-send-30000-troops-into-north-korea-symmetrical-reassurance/

http://stanfordpress.typepad.com/blog/2017/05/negotiating-north-korea.html

I'm not sure what the done thing is in these circumstances, yawn or have a cup of coffee. I'm gonna change it up a bit. Here's you: :crazy:   Here's me: :huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

I'm not sure what the done thing is in these circumstances, yawn or have a cup of coffee. I'm gonna change it up a bit. Here's you: :crazy:   Here's me: :huh:

Not sure???? is your belief for "The Great Country in thet West" fading? :clap2:

Before you were very sure anyway. I do like you you suggested. Taking a cup of coffée, looking at the sunshine, and hoping that you ain´t feeling too gloomy today. 

33 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Let me guess.  An American girl broke your heart. You need to let it go. 

Nope! now you got me thinking that you believe that everyone is an american, live in the US or is in need of a US partner. Sounds like you have to let it go.

By the way, why did you suddenly go off topic and talking about coffée and relationship? Is that your way of saying that you finally understand that Trump hasn´t done shit?

4 hours ago, alocacoc said:

They lost me here : Optimism About Korea Will Kill Us All

Where do you guys find all this trashy links always?

Sent from a so called Smartphone using an App.

Guess you didn't read the content.

Perhaps you can outline why you consider Foreign Policy Magazine trashy, in comparison to what?

On 5/2/2018 at 4:02 PM, F4UCorsair said:

I'll nominate President Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize, a more deserving person there is not.

Agree - way more deserving than the previous POTUS.

I still cant figure out why Obama got one - other than liberal PC reasons.

And I like Trump's reply:  "“The main thing is to get it done. I want to get it done.”  

There is the big difference - Obama was about awards, Trump is about getting the job/s done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Ridiculous. Obama didn't ask for the prize. He clearly felt uncomfortable about getting it basically as an aspirational hope thing.

"trump'" silly fans on the other hand are openly lobbying for him to get the award. Vulgar and crass just like their hero.

What is so "vulgar " & " crass" about suggesting that some person deserves an award for his efforts ?

• Like 2

Check out the Presidential Medal of Freedom Awards. 

Obama may have been a little hubris about getting the Nobel Prize, but he sure warmed to the task about awards.  

As they said about Obama - if you want him to show, say there will be a Medal-Award involved (except Military or Business).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidential_Medal_of_Freedom_recipients