VIDEO: Beg-packers descend on Hua Hin

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Really? Funny no one has mentioned that.

Probably has Victor Meldrew....But Couldn't be bothered to read assorted drivel these people are entertainers not beggars

2 minutes ago, poohy said:

Probably has Victor Meldrew....But Couldn't be bothered to read assorted drivel these people are entertainers not beggars

You are a contributor to the assorted drivel.

17 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

They’re just a couple of young hippies living their dream, doing no harm to anyone. All the complaining grumpy old farts on this forum that probably listen to 60’s- 70’s rock, what do you think those artists would think of your miserable attitude?

They may well be living their dream, but when all foreigners here MUST abide by the law, those that do not will get zero sympathy form those that do. I worked for a living, did you ??

I'm not sure what is the fuss and criticism about this couple playing outdoor, why reading too much into it and moan about them ?!

Unlike other countries Thailand is one of the country who’s got less street artists ( lack of skills perhaps or what’s the story ?! )  Nevertheless, they’re talented and it’s a good sound amusement for the walking by people something that many people apart  from criticising are lacking of skills and talents, talk is cheap ! If you have to say something negative you’d better keep quite, hopeless old fart ? this is my policy.

Now, wether or not it’s illegal for a foreigner to entertain the public in this country is at the discretion of the local people and ultimately the police in the meantime enjoy the music and shut it !

Ps: I completely agree with LemonJelly ?

London is awash with buskers and they make quite a good living.

It used to be common for students to take a 'gap year' and travel around the world.  They start with enough money for the first leg then work their way on their journey by working in bars, fruit picking (Australia) etc.  Eventually arriving back home to continue their studies with a lot of experience under their belt.

I'm not saying that that is what this couple are doing but it's possible.  Never used to be frowned upon but now it is!!

18 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

And stop calling buskers “beg packers”, it’s derogatory and unnecessary 

I've seen plenty of domestic backpackers and possibly some from overseas, busking at markets and other popular places around Australia.  They add some atmosphere, maybe earn a few dollars, get around the country.

There are far worse sights in today's Thai news, than a couple of buskers.   :smile:

3 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Those kids would probably be a lot more fun to spend a couple of hours with than the Victor Meldrew appreciation society that seems to be running this forum aground on the coral reef of menopausal misery.

..........menopausal misery.  ' What's that supposed to mean . I do not bloody well believe it ! '

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

At least they make an effort, not just sit with their hand out... 

This forum exists for lots of reasons, not just to accommodate whingers, although they do make up the majority of posts it seems !

Dead right, at least they're giving something...... Thai beggars just look at you when you give them something with that look of "is that all", very much like the Mrs......  Good on em i say..........

4 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

I have seen a damn sight more than you can see in sheltered little Thailand.  My point was, what on earth have beggars got to do with buskers? 

They want the same. Your money. 

Ok a different view .  A very good mate up here in woop woop is able to live here from the rent he gets in Oz. from 2 houses .  He got this money from being a 1 man band .  He says he was busking in Japan at the right time , in the 80s.  People didn't have to chuck money in his guitar case but they loved to listen to him play and sing .   He still does if and when there is a party around but he is only asked to play if he wants to.  My grandchildren are already asking about him for their return in August. Good onya Bruce.  I said he would get a crowd if he went to the big night market here.  He says he is now too old to carry a drum on his back so it would only be guitar , then there is the business of a WP.

18 hours ago, MrJohnson said:

More busk-packing than beg-packing. Still,  it is rather a sorry sight.  I saw a westerner botting cigarettes from a homeless man on Sukhumvit Rd. in Bangkok a few days ago. I thought that to be rather poor form. No pun intended!

I hate CHEAP CHARLIES.

5 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Second: I live just off the 107, that's the main road that runs out of the centre of Chiang Mai and heads North to a whole host of places that younger tourists want to visit, The Mesa Valley, Mae Tang, Chiang Rai, Chiang Dao, Fang, Pi, and many more - I drive that 22kms stretch of road five times each week - a totally different area to Lomsak in Petchabun!!! What I see every week is a torrent of white westerners aged between 20 and 35, wearing shorts, tee shirts and flip flops, all riding Honda Clicks and similar, about half wearing crash helmets, many carrying backpacks, once every couple of day I see one of them almost get squished by a local (or me) as they drive along safe in the knowledge that they've read and understood the UK highway code completely! 

Great, by the way,  I have lived in Thailand for over 20 years, 25 if you count when I worked here in the 80's. As  I lived in Chiang Mai for 10 years, after Petchaboon, and  long time G friend is from Chiang Rai .....

I just don't believe you. 

Now back to your Leo or Trolling whatever it is you do. Cheers

48 minutes ago, AsiaHand said:

Add 8 more words  " don,t come back,until you can afford it".

They can afford it, because they learnt how to play an instrument... 

Go anywhere and make a living..

Travelling is not just for bitter retirees !!

1 hour ago, Khun Paul said:

They may well be living their dream, but when all foreigners here MUST abide by the law, those that do not will get zero sympathy form those that do. I worked for a living, did you ??

I’ve worked for my living, have no issues with traveling performers, even if the authorities do (that’s their business, not mine) or feel the  need to put  “Khun” before my name on forums, (almost as bad as the “Ajarn” prefix)..... have a nice day.

19 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

And stop calling buskers “beg packers”, it’s derogatory and unnecessary 

All together now. ( If your going to San Francisco be sure to wear some Flowers in Your Hair )  :biggrin:

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Are you sure you Allow to do this in Thailand? where they are come from? I thoght that only poor thai peoples who is begger with a kids on the street...now we have a tourist do this job too, and also with a kids…”

So.... is it official?..... is begging now recognized as a “job”, as this Thai poster suggests

14 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Did you not understand that busking is not begging even when staring at the definitions?

Well, if you take away the Bowl its Busking, if you place a Bowl in front of you for Donations its Begging, the fact there attempting to entertain badly by playing a musical Instrument is merely a cover for guess what, BEGGING !people get pulled up at Swampy all the time having to show 20,000 Baht before there even allowed Entry and these scrounging Vermin are openly breaking the Law and the Terms of their Visa.

2 hours ago, Khun Paul said:

Whilst potentially living their dream, Is there a law being broken, thereby denying them sympathy from saints and angels?

2 hours ago, Acemaker said:

Well, if you take away the Bowl its Busking, if you place a Bowl in front of you for Donations its Begging, the fact there attempting to entertain badly by playing a musical Instrument is merely a cover for guess what, BEGGING !people get pulled up at Swampy all the time having to show 20,000 Baht before there even allowed Entry and these scrounging Vermin are openly breaking the Law and the Terms of their Visa.

Is that what the Thai law says? Just asking.

Archived