What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Got a bit hooked on Dark Matter, terrible acting but somehow it's really watchable

https://www.google.com.sg/search?hl=en_SG&q=dark+matter+tv&newwindow=1&gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=vvuOV72JPIiEvQSes5NY

Guilty pleasure 'cause there's just no other new SF series I can stand. Coupla attractive ladies in there, though. Can't recommend it except to SF fans needing a fix.

• Like 2

The U.S. Government has arrested the alleged owner of KickassTorrents, the world's largest torrent site. The 30-year-old Ukrainian was arrested in Poland today and is charged with criminal copyright infringement and money laundering. In addition, a federal court in Chicago has ordered the seizure of several KAT domain names.

kickasstorrents_500x500-300x300.png

With millions of unique visitors per day KickassTorrents (KAT) has become the most-used torrent site on the Internet, beating even The Pirate Bay.

https://torrentfreak.com/feds-seize-kickasstorrents-domains-charge-owner-160720/

Wonder what Sno will do now.

Just watched Zero Dark Thirty. Not that good to be honest, just fast forward, watch a couple of explosions and the finale.

Also the first episode of Utopia. A very weird (and quite violent) new series from C4.

If you watch this after the torture scenes in Zero Dark Thirty you'll wonder what all the fuss was about!

Have to disagree loved the film from start to finnish. Excellent cast very well made and this may sound a tad sex is but it's true. I never appeal for female leads in films but loved ZD30. Woman was a beast gave her boss a right beating. Loved it.

• Like 1

Series are really taking over my love for movies. I love binge watching. I have an iflix account and can recommend the following:

Fleming: the man who would become bond. Maybe name not right but it has dominic cooper in and is period drama set during ww2 and very very entertaining. As title suggests it is about chap who wrote 007 James bond. Not sure if it's true but it's good stuff.

Gangland undercover or uncovered. Great series thibk it's true. About a drug dealer who gets given a chance to avoid prison by going undercover in a biker gang in San bernadino, california. It's pretty good I like the style but in parts it is a little hard to believe but then I think maybe it is not, if most the characters are high on drugs their sense of belief might be off.

Movies just do not provide me enough interest anymore there is not enough depth IMO. Hence I like series a lot more recently.

• Like 2

Series are really taking over my love for movies. I love binge watching. I have an iflix account and can recommend the following:

Fleming: the man who would become bond. Maybe name not right but it has dominic cooper in and is period drama set during ww2 and very very entertaining. As title suggests it is about chap who wrote 007 James bond. Not sure if it's true but it's good stuff.

Gangland undercover or uncovered. Great series thibk it's true. About a drug dealer who gets given a chance to avoid prison by going undercover in a biker gang in San bernadino, california. It's pretty good I like the style but in parts it is a little hard to believe but then I think maybe it is not, if most the characters are high on drugs their sense of belief might be off.

Movies just do not provide me enough interest anymore there is not enough depth IMO. Hence I like series a lot more recently.

me too

Ok I'll play. Subtitled movies/series work for me sometimes too and the following films I enjoyed a lot regardless of language.

Bullhead - mathias schoenarts - what an actor this guy makes vincent cassell look amateur.

A prophet - absolutely brilliant french film

Mesrine - great performance by cassell in both movies. Mesrine 1 & 2

The best gangster type series/movie I seen fir a longtime is gommorah the series. Instant binge watch.

The U.S. Government has arrested the alleged owner of KickassTorrents, the world's largest torrent site. The 30-year-old Ukrainian was arrested in Poland today and is charged with criminal copyright infringement and money laundering. In addition, a federal court in Chicago has ordered the seizure of several KAT domain names.

kickasstorrents_500x500-300x300.png

With millions of unique visitors per day KickassTorrents (KAT) has become the most-used torrent site on the Internet, beating even The Pirate Bay.

https://torrentfreak.com/feds-seize-kickasstorrents-domains-charge-owner-160720/

Wonder what Sno will do now.

He's still posting stuff on PB.

'The Secret Agent' from the BBC with Toby Jones is an espionage yarn set in Victorian London. I found it on Exodus this morning.

I'm unable to post a trailer or IMDB on this device (can anyone please explain how to copy and paste when using telly and wireless mouse?).

I enjoyed E1 and will watch E2 this evening. Further episodes become available in due course.

Edited by evadgib

Creed the latest in rocky franchise was really good IMO. Same ingredients as before. Never gets old. Had a night in last night so watched that. Then came across the revenenant which was brilliant for first hour then saw it is 3.5 hours long so will watch rest soon but so Sarah so good. Great cast in this film the youngster with shrek type head is an English boy who is being primed for greatness

Well as a follow up on my previous post about 'The Living & the Dead'....finally got through episode 6.

All good stuff, but Jesus that was a script which would have made a great 2 hour movie. but 6 hours!!

Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (2016)

Childhood friends Conner (Andy Samberg), Owen (Jorma Taccone) and Lawrence (Akiva Schaffer) found fame and fortune after forming the hip-hop group the Style Boyz. Owen and Lawrence faded into the background when frontman Conner left the band to launch a successful solo career. Now, the egotistical singer decides to film a documentary about his life while he's still on top. When his second album flops, the camera is there to capture his world come crashing down.

Funniest movie I,ve seen in a long time. Loved it.

I tried watching Spotless a netflix original series it had a strong rating. The opening seemed pretty good and the usual ingredients seemed a good show but found myself easily distracted. Seemed like it tried too hard no real build up very thick and fast.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4484722/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Making of the Mob, is an eight-part docudrama that begins in 1905 and spans more than 50 years, tracing the original five families that led to the modern American Mafia, including the rise of Charles Lucky Luciano, Meyer Lansky and Benjamin Bugsy Siegel.

- Written by Niels Bouckenooghe

http://123movies.to/film/the-making-of-the-mob-new-york-season-1-14529/watching.html

• Like 1

Not a big movie fan but before coming to live in Thailand I built up a collection of movies on DVD's.

Some of them originals and some copied from video tapes onto DVD's using a DVD recorder.

Haven't got a lot of time for recent productions which to me seem more slanted towards video

effects rather than the storyline itself.

I am working my way through Papillon at the moment. The next one will most likely be Midnight Express.

post-140056-0-77576500-1469690730_thumb. post-140056-0-68621000-1469690770_thumb.

I tried watching Spotless a netflix original series it had a strong rating. The opening seemed pretty good and the usual ingredients seemed a good show but found myself easily distracted. Seemed like it tried too hard no real build up very thick and fast.

Actually the show turned out pretty good.

Recommended

• Like 1

Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (2016)

Funniest movie I,ve seen in a long time. Loved it.

Subjective stuff I know…but I hated it….they should have just made it in normal storytelling fashion…but styling it like a documentary ruined it for me.

If you like stuff like this, you will probably love GET HIM TO THE GREEK…now that was funny.

"An unnamed uploader has recently been fined by Dutch anti-piracy outfit BREIN. The fine was believed to be around €7,500 (THB290,000).

A Statement issued by BREIN said “The uploader posted frequent torrents for illegal English subtitled movies and TV series on illegal websites such as The Pirate Bay and Kickass Torrents,”

OMG…this sounds like Sno…..hope he is ok? That guy has the best taste in cinema…his loss would be a big blow even though I don't download his stuff…just stream it.

• Like 2