What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

On 10/3/2016 at 2:31 PM, GinBoy2 said:

OMG, has anyone else checked out the first episode of Westworld on HBO yet?

It's a very imaginative reboot of the 1973 Michael Crichton  of the same name.

HBO nails its again, with great cast and beautiful photography.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475784/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Looks really good...hope it develops well

Madam Secretary has started season 3...it's okay...watchable enough

Better Things gets better as it goes on.... some funny moments

Marvels Luke Cage.  All episodes available now, as it is a Netflix show....Its pretty good for its genre and quite watchable

The Last Ship had its final episode of Season 3 recently...What an idiotic show this is...

Fear The Walking Dead finished this season with a double episode!  They learnt some good lessons from the mistakes of The Walking Dead early years... I fear watching the return season of The Walking Dead after its abysmal season ending early this year

Big Bang Theory Season 10 has started...episode 3 already...I swore id never watch this tripe again, but I did...Jokes from season 1 still being recycled. I'm embarrassed that I used to find this show funny... ill give it a 2/10...Fills the boring parts of a flight back to Australia.

Modern Family...Even worse than BigBangTheory...this sickly sweet joke per 30 second show is nothing short of moronic...apparently millions disagree with me.  Im giving it a 1/10

• Like 2

I know quite a few of you are British, not sure how many Scots are among you, but....

Just watched a fascinating documentary, on a piece of history I as a Californian had no real knowledge of; the connection of Scottish immigrants to the deep south, and the rise of racism and the KKK

'Scotland & the Klan'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07yjk0j

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1

Movie- The Teatment

Due to the subject matter, this one was tough going at times.

Thought it was a terrific movie though.

IMDB: Inspector Nick Cafmeyer seems to have it all - looks, brains and a successful career. But a dark cloud hangs over his life:
since the age of nine, he has been haunted by the unsolved disappearance of his younger brother, Bjorn. Plettinckx, a known
sex offender, was questioned but quickly released. Plettinckx lives close by and takes fiendish pleasure in harassing Nick. Then,
when a disturbing case comes to light involving a missing nine-year-old, Nick heads a massive search which turns into a relentless manhunt.

• Like 1

The big bang series 10 on again up to no 3 ,funniest thing on tv , just gets better 20/10 ya sucks bookman:D but i agree about the last ship ,watched 3 episodes just useless ,  Westworld , not sure ,very well done , but not sure if i like it from the perspective of the robots , we will see , timeless , new time travel series just started ,not watched it yet Blunt Talk back on ,funny as ever .

i dont know if any of you have watched Shaun the sheep , but my wife finds it hilarious , as do i , for those who dont know it ,its a story about some sheep ,the sheepdog and a farmer ,plus assorted farm animals ,each episode 7 minutes , its hilarious , oh i just said that .

• Like 1

Marvels Luke Cage.  All episodes available now, as it is a Netflix show....Its pretty good for its genre and quite watchable

Is this any good? Only I put it on & switched it off after a couple of minutes as the "acting" seemed dreadful but I do admit I was hankering to get back to my Red Dwarf marathon so probably didn't give it a fair chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, JB300 said:

Is this any good? Only I put it on & switched it off after a couple of minutes as the "acting" seemed dreadful but I do admit I was hankering to get back to my Red Dwarf marathon so probably didn't give it a fair chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't mind it as some watching-filler...i'd give it 5/10 at the most

• Like 2

1 hour ago, i claudius said:

Just watched timeless,the new time travel series. Who writes this dross? Do they get paid ,?it was rubbish

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Ditto.

I had high hopes for this, but the first episode was enough for me

• Like 1

3 hours ago, i claudius said:

The big bang series 10 on again up to no 3 ,funniest thing on tv , just gets better 20/10 ya sucks bookman:D but i agree about the last ship ,watched 3 episodes just useless ,  Westworld , not sure ,very well done , but not sure if i like it from the perspective of the robots , we will see , timeless , new time travel series just started ,not watched it yet Blunt Talk back on ,funny as ever .

i dont know if any of you have watched Shaun the sheep , but my wife finds it hilarious , as do i , for those who dont know it ,its a story about some sheep ,the sheepdog and a farmer ,plus assorted farm animals ,each episode 7 minutes , its hilarious , oh i just said that .

For me, Big Bang along with Modern Family both share the same flaw...originally funny shows not knowing when it's time to hang up the shingle!

As for  'The Last Ship'...I thought it was great

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1

Ladies & Gentlemen- stop the press!

WESTWORLD!

Awesome!

Great cast!

Great cinematography!

Great everything!

I agree,very well made,good acting,great scenery, just not sure how it will pan out ,seeing it from the robots point of view,will certainly watch it again,up against timeless it was 1000% better

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Will27 said:

Movie- The Teatment

Due to the subject matter, this one was tough going at times.

Thought it was a terrific movie though.

IMDB: Inspector Nick Cafmeyer seems to have it all - looks, brains and a successful career. But a dark cloud hangs over his life:
since the age of nine, he has been haunted by the unsolved disappearance of his younger brother, Bjorn. Plettinckx, a known
sex offender, was questioned but quickly released. Plettinckx lives close by and takes fiendish pleasure in harassing Nick. Then,
when a disturbing case comes to light involving a missing nine-year-old, Nick heads a massive search which turns into a relentless manhunt.

I've decided I can't stand another movie about a missing kid or a kid in danger, inevitably w/ hysterical, driven, controlling momma desperate to rescue/save the kid. Thanks but no thanks. :)

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

I've decided I can't stand another movie about a missing kid or a kid in danger, inevitably w/ hysterical, driven, controlling momma desperate to rescue/save the kid. Thanks but no thanks. :)

Movie is nothing as you described. Strange how you think you can describe the plot of a movie you've never seen.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

Tv series - Deep Water

A good start to this 4 part Aussie series from SBS.

IMDB: When the mutilated corpse of a young man is found in a beachfront apartment in Bondi, Tori Lustigman and
Nick Manning are assigned the case. Is this brutal murder a domestic, a robbery gone wrong, or a gay hate crime?

• Like 2

A few new shows out

Doctor Doctor..Aussie show in the vein of a Doc Martin style series...but different. Legendary playboy and heart surgeon stuffs up and sent to a rural town for his sins...which happens to be the  rural town where his family live.. It is okay...has some possibilities.

Hyde & Seek .. Aussie Police drama style with an ongoing storyline.  Seems to have caught the American bug and actors all seem a bit too good looking. It's okay...watchable but forgettable

Limbo. BBC 3 comedy...Not really appealing to me..wouldn't watch again

Man like Mobeen. New British comedy... not my thing...tuned out after 5 minutes

Better Things. I've mentioned this three times now. Episode 5 is out now. I really wish this was a 30 minute comedy/drama rather than the 20 minutes it runs at. This has the potential to be a long time favorite. The script is becoming less and less like Louie is writing it as the series continues....

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well this looks like a promising show from Hulu, headed our way Oct 19th.

Surprised to see Earl's brother Randy (Ethan Suplee) from "My Name is Earl", but in the brief moments he appeared in this preview he looked rather terrifying. What happened, Randy? Steroids?

Definitely looking forward to this one.

• Like 1

Better Things. I've mentioned this three times now. Episode 5 is out now. I really wish this was a 30 minute comedy/drama rather than the 20 minutes it runs at. This has the potential to be a long time favorite. The script is becoming less and less like Louie is writing it as the series continues....

Sorry, could only manage 10 mins before I had to switch it off, found it rather dull...

YMMV...