What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

58 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

I take it that your not happy with true visions. What other options are there? Premier league is exclusively true. Apart from football what other options are there for Bangkokians or up country folk. Oil riggers prefer Netflix. Any others? Plz

The good thing about being stuck in monsoon is that I now know what more of the apps on my andriod box are for.....and its all FREE inc live premier league HD footy and Rugby :)

48 minutes ago, i claudius said:

I get all British stuff as well even the news, just watching rillington place ,on Brit tv last night. Downloaded it in 10 mins this morning put it a USB ,then plug into tv

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

I streamed it in HD via Exodus.

On 7/8/2013 at 8:47 PM, Will27 said:

Being a Huge Ray Winstone fan, I was really looking forward to The Sweeney.

Must say I was disappointed.

Give it a spin and let us know what you think.

(Haven't seen The Sweeney)

Winstone was brilliant in "Sexy Beast" but haven't seen any other performance from him that I've liked.

And the entire cast was brilliant in "Sexy Beast".

Just finished watching a Georgian film from 1977, "The Wishing Tree" ("Natvris khe").

Edited by JimmyJ

My mistake.

I forgot the title but I have seen "The Sweeney". Didn't like it.

Coincidentally during the last 2 weeks saw 2 other films directed by Nick Love - "The Football Factory" and "The Business". Not a good director. Gave up on him after those 2.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:
55 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Die hard Ray Winston fans might like 'That Summer' if able to find it. It followed 'Scum ' cira 1978-9.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080013/        

Too slow and takes up too much space. Plus its mostly us tele on those sites.

He's also in a very good new TV series called ICE,  episode 2 just became available. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4659174/?ref_=nv_sr_3

Edited by giddyup

On 12/3/2016 at 9:00 AM, welsh1 said:

http://123movies.net/watch/Nx4nZqdz-sas-who-dares-wins-season-1.html

http://123movies.net/watch/yd67QRv7-sas-who-dares-wins-season-2.html

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5189220/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Five ex-Special Forces soldiers recreate the SAS's secret selection process and put 30 men through it, in the ultimate test of their physical and - more importantly - psychological resilience.

Oh INDEED! Great Show! I'm addicted to these true life training shows of Navy Seals, Ghurkas, SAS, Rangers, Delta Force, French Foreign Legion, Spetznatz, etc.  In the case of this one week of Hell, I would have turned in my arm patch in the first hour! Mama!!! But it's fun to watch young tough guys get broken down and severely abused, while I eat milk and cookies in the comfort of my room.

Seriously, I have the greatest respect for these warriors, and for average service folks in all of the armed forces of the world. Semper Fidelis!

On 12/5/2016 at 9:54 AM, giddyup said:

Watched The Accountant with Ben Affleck last night, highly entertaining.

Yes Indeed! Ben Affleck is superb in his portrayal of someone with severe Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. In fact, this film might open peoples eyes a bit to how devastating OCD, ADHD, PTSD, can be, and their affect on families. There's action enough to please even hard core Jason Statham fans, although the story borders on absurd (but always interesting).

TEN

• Like 1

There are so many new shows coming out it is difficult to keep up.

The range and quality is getting better all the time.

Some recent comedy series:

SUnny D

New British comedy show that oozes originality. Quite a winner. Looking forward to following this one through

http://www.chortle.co.uk/review/2016/11/13/26210/sunny_d

Insecure

Like Sunny D, a mainly black cast comedy, this one s drama with comedy, and has some decent moments

Please Like Me season 4 has returned. An original Australia comedy that I have raved about before.  Some of the most original comedy on TV.  Aimed at the young twenties market, it stfill has appeal across age brackets. If you are gay sex squeamish don't watch it. 

Doctor Doctor. I mentioned this around Episode 1, and the full 10 episode 1st season has finished. In the manner of the brilliant big shot Doctor goes to small town' style of show, this one actually gets better as it goes along. A nice surprise from a commercial network in Australia.

Insecure.  

• Like 1

Two terrific new series

Shut Eye
New series (listed as a black comedy) out form Hulu....all ten episodes available.
Family of card reading psychics , part of a larger mafia style group of psychic scammers.. Couple of episodes in and enjoying it.
Gullibility is a psychics best friend and the show is as disturbing as it is interesting. Quite a cast of recognizable actors

Incorporated
New series about a dystopian future where corporations rule the world and have their own private armies. The world is divided between red zones and green zones. One desirable for living , one not so.
It comes from SyFy channel, so it could turn out to be a real piece of cr.ap. Syfy has the ability to turn the best of ideas into annoying comedy, but I hold hope for this one...

Just watched first episode shut eye ,big thumbs up, incorporated looking good as well,thanks for the heads up

• Like 1

Just a small point, but am I alone in noticing how immaculate any classic cars are when they appear in (British) dramas set in 1920-80? I saw one the other day in a WW2 bomb site looking like it was straight out of Beaulieu!  To be truly authentic they could add some fake mud, rust or the odd dent or two now and then :)

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

Just watched first episode shut eye ,big thumbs up, incorporated looking good as well,thanks for the heads up

20 minutes in, like the lead actor in Burn Notice but really struggling not to switch it off (there's far too many series / episodes lined up).

Yep, that last scene "Interfering piece of shit, why did you tell Amanda I was as cheating on her" has consigned it to the (much) "Later" pile...

I am really enjoying catching up on Oak Island though, like the guys on the show I remember reading (albeit 10 years after them) about it when I was 10 or 11 years old (Treasure Island, Long John Silver anyone) so it's fascinating to watch these guys digging into it.

On 12/8/2016 at 9:53 PM, Will27 said:

Tv Series - In Plain Sight

A really good start to this new series from the UK.

IMDB: A three part TV miniseries about Lanarkshire's Detective William Muncie and his quest to bring to justice notorious killer Peter Manuel.

Thanks for this. If you enjoy the performance of the two main actors, you could enjoy these two shows:

Shetland: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2396135/

and Line of Duty: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2303687/

• Like 2

Westworld latest episode... disappointing

Never had any time for Anthony Hopkins as an actor

Please name 1 decent role he's played... but not Hannibal Lector as Brian Cox nailed it perfectly in the 1st one, unfortunately Hollywood decided to show the middle of the trivium

Anyway, tonight Mathew (guys in the uk may get the reference), I'm watching It's a Wonderful Life...

1946 (Father was 2, mum 3 years away from being born) compulsive viewing every Christmas (Note, I'm English... please don't think I'm a Yank)...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JB300 said:

Westworld latest episode... disappointing

Never had any time for Anthony Hopkins as an actor

Please name 1 decent role he's played... but not Hannibal Lector as Brian Cox nailed it perfectly in the 1st one, unfortunately Hollywood decided to show the middle of the trivium

Fracture, Meet Joe Black, The World's Fastest Indian, The Remains of the Day, The Edge etc, etc. He's one of the best IMO.

• Like 1

Fracture, Meet Joe Black, The World's Fastest Indian, The Remains of the Day, The Edge etc, etc. He's one of the best IMO.

Exactly, now name one where he's worthy of his accolade

He's a bit like Patrick Stewart & the guy from Lord of the Rings (Ian somebody turned up in Coronation Street)... absolutely fabulous at playing themselves in any role...

Ben Kingsley... Now there's an actor [emoji1303]

6 hours ago, giddyup said:

Was also very good in Nixon and Elephant Man.

For someone who you rate as "average at best", he hasn't got a bad CV.

An Academy Award, 3 BAFTA's, 2 Emmy's and a host of other awards in theatre as well.

He might not be your cup of tea, but average he is not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JB300 said:

He's a bit like Patrick Stewart & the guy from Lord of the Rings (Ian somebody turned up in Coronation Street)... absolutely fabulous at playing themselves in any role...

Ben Kingsley... Now there's an actor emoji1303.png

1 hour ago, JB300 said:

Ben Kingsley... Now there's an actor emoji1303.png

You asked in which movies he played a decent role, I listed 5 and Will27 named 2 more, how many do you want? Some people sing the praises of Humphrey Bogart as an actor, I think he's a huge ham and wouldn't get a job acting in a commercial today. So there you go.

You asked in which movies he played a decent role, I listed 5 and Will27 named 2 more, how many do you want? Some people sing the praises of Humphrey Bogart as an actor, I think he's a huge ham and wouldn't get a job acting in a commercial today. So there you go.

Show me diversity...

I just wish I could be paid as much for simply playing me...

Rock up, spit out a few lines, million bucks thank you very kindly ma'am

Sh1t & people take the p1ss out of Keanu Reeves, Ben Affleck for not being able to act, at least they manage to not be themselves every now & again

Edit: by the way, that's my definition of an Actor... your mileage may vary

JB, try listening to the way Anthony Hopkins delivers his lines.
Then compare it to the 'actors' you mentioned.

I do... now give me 2 diverse examples of where he delivers those lines any different.

Hopkins, Stewart, McKellen flawless delivery... but that's not acting, that's speaking...