What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Death in paradise is back , so is this is us and a new series a series of unfortunate events ,  just to let you know .

Just started watching this (parents were visiting & my Dad has just got Kodi at home so I was keen to make sure they didn't watch one series end-2-end but understood the world is their lobster).

On ‎5‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 9:35 AM, Will27 said:

Tv - Sneaky Pete

This was a pilot that has now been given the go ahead for a full series I'm glad to say.

Written by David Shore, the creator of House and co-produced by Bryan Cranston of Breaking Bad, it also has a great cast.

One of the best pilots I've seen in a while.

Summary: After leaving prison, Marius takes cover from his past by assuming the identity of his cellmate, Pete.
He moves in with Pete's long-estranged, unsuspecting family and is roped into the family's bail bond business.
He's a criminal taking down other criminals.

Season 1 has just started.

• Like 2

TV series I have been/currently watching:

1: Designated survivor: story about the 23th in line for the US presidency who suddenly get the seat when everybody else in front of him is wiped out in a terrorist attack. 

2: Shooter: About a top notch sharp shooter getting set-up by his own and have to sort it out. There is a movie of same name.

3: The OA: difficult to say anything without destroying the history for others, enjoyed watching it.

4: Travelers, just started on that one. About some people sent back from the future helping saving the world.

All being watched via Kodi.

• Like 2

TV series I have been/currently watching:

1: Designated survivor: story about the 23th in line for the US presidency who suddenly get the seat when everybody else in front of him is wiped out in a terrorist attack. 
2: Shooter: About a top notch sharp shooter getting set-up by his own and have to sort it out. There is a movie of same name.
3: The OA: difficult to say anything without destroying the history for others, enjoyed watching it.
4: Travelers, just started on that one. About some people sent back from the future helping saving the world.

All being watched via Kodi.

Thanks for the tip on OA, I've passed it by a few times but will give it a whirl now it's been recommended

I quite enjoy Travellers, but it's one of those series best watched every now & again when you're "In the mood" (same with Continuum).

1 hour ago, JB300 said:

Thanks for the tip on OA, I've passed it by a few times but will give it a whirl now it's been recommended

I quite enjoy Travellers, but it's one of those series best watched every now & again when you're "In the mood" (same with Continuum).

I tried with the O.A , watched the first and second episode , just couldnt get into it , so deleted it .

• Like 1

I tried with the O.A , watched the first and second episode , just couldnt get into it , so deleted it .

I stream (it's a hard life having 10GB Fibre [emoji14]) so will give it a whirl.

Having said that, I am normally on the same page as you when it comes to TV Shows so I need to make sure I'm in the right mood to give it a "fair" viewing [emoji1303]
  • Like 1

It wasn't my cup of Liptons either.

If you'd have said "Tetley" or PG Tips" I'd have blocked it at the firewall, but Liptons? Ahhhh... I'll give it a whirl (despite knowing I'm going to agree with both you guys)

Glutton for punishment, though not so much as to drink Liptons! (For the (attempted) humorously challenged, I only drink tea when I'm visiting my parents in the UK where "Liptons" would be considered a swear word... Doesn't stop them going through a box of them when they come visit me in Singapore though [emoji13])

• Like 1

I just tried to watch the second episode of Sherlock , i have quite liked the series , but was not to keen on the 1st episode of the new one ,but the second,oh my God how the mighty have fallen , turned it off after about 10 minutes ,what utter crap , written by some guy called Mark Gatis ,? it was junk of the first degree, never again ,i give up .

after i watched two episodes of unforgoton , ,what a difference ,very good ,even if they had gone PC with two guys married and adopting a little girl , :smile:

• Like 1

I just tried to watch the second episode of Sherlock , i have quite liked the series , but was not to keen on the 1st episode of the new one ,but the second,oh my God how the mighty have fallen , turned it off after about 10 minutes ,what utter crap , written by some guy called Mark Gatis ,? it was junk of the first degree, never again ,i give up .
after i watched two episodes of unforgoton , ,what a difference ,very good ,even if they had gone PC with two guys married and adopting a little girl , :smile:

I know what you mean about Sherlock E2 as the main "antagonist" is hard to watch but you should watch him in Marvellous..: http://m.imdb.com/title/tt3659786/

Brilliant [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JB300 said:

I know what you mean about Sherlock E2 as the main "antagonist" is hard to watch but you should watch him in Marvellous..: http://m.imdb.com/title/tt3659786/

Brilliant emoji1303.pngemoji1303.pngemoji1303.png

Saw it a long time ago , a very good actor , in fact i have seen him in many things , good as a baddy or a goody ,very versatile :thumbsup:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Will27 said:

I, Daniel Blake.

Another fine movie from Ken Loach.

IMDB: A middle aged carpenter who requires state welfare after injuring himself, is joined by a single mother in a similar scenario.

Magic. Brings back so many memories. Thanks Will.

• Like 1

The Bureau

I've been waiting ages for this one to arrive.

Looks as if it was worth the wait.

IMDB: "Malotru", a French intelligence officer, undercover in Syria for 6 years, is called back home. He will face the difficulty to forget his undercover identity, the disappearance of a colleague in Algeria, and the training of a young girl.

• Like 2

The Bureau

IMDB: "Malotru", a French intelligence officer, undercover in Syria for 6 years, is called back home. He will face the difficulty to forget his undercover identity, the disappearance of a colleague in Algeria, and the training of a young girl.

[/url]  

Just downloaded it!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Just downloaded a series ,called search party its about a group of self centered "millenials" searching for a lost girl , it may not be everybodys cup of lapsang souchong, but if you realize that the writers are poking fun at themselves in many ways , you will like it ,each episode only 22 minutes , i am finding it addictive .

• Like 1

The Bureau

It's in French.
Could of warned us. I've downloaded it now. Anyone know if you can get the audio track in English anywhere?

1 hour ago, Wilsonandson said:

It's in French.
Could of warned us. I've downloaded it now. Anyone know if you can get the audio track in English anywhere?

I'm just downloading it from PB with hardcoded English subs.

It's in French.

There was a series on in the UK and fair few years ago called Das Boot, WW2 drama about a German U boat crew, had English sub titles, was a fantastic series!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

It's in French.

Sorry, I thought the summary from IMDB and the trailer which has subs might've given it away.

I'll try and do better next time.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2017 at 6:25 PM, canuckamuck said:

I really really want to like the Grand Tour. But I am having a hard time. Too many jokes are flat, too much of - I've seen it before.  And there are a couple of features that are really weak, like the dead guests. I think the show was wonderful but I am afraid it is running out of gas. I have seen 3 episodes, I will endevour to watch the whole season, but it is almost a pity date at this point.

Im current on the season thus far and find it all rather forced and far more staged  than their previous efforts.

It lacks some of the dryness and - dare i say it in the context of clarkson and company - subtlety of the original.

Even their trademark laddishness seems an effort.

Edited by HooHaa
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, i claudius said:

Just downloaded a series ,called search party its about a group of self centered "millenials" searching for a lost girl , it may not be everybodys cup of lapsang souchong, but if you realize that the writers are poking fun at themselves in many ways , you will like it ,each episode only 22 minutes , i am finding it addictive .

"Lapsang Souchoung".....:laugh:

Very droll Claudius.....:smile::post-4641-1156694572:

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Sorry, I thought the summary from IMDB and the trailer which has subs might've given it away.

I'll try and do better next time.

Good, now don't let it happen again. Now, off to bed with you. You've got a big day ahead of you tomorrow, you don't won't to be tired again Will.

"Night, night, Will"

Edited by Wilsonandson
  • Like 1