What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Folks,

Just watching this brand spanking new series fresh off the boat...

Black Box...

Umm.... w00t.gif

I liked the first customer review:

This was truly the worst pilot TV show I've ever seen. The writing is very weak and silly but the worst part of the show is the actress who plays the main character. She is once of the worst actresses I've seen in ages. She pouts everything she says and speaks in this sort of baby-whining voice. She is utterly unbelievable in every part of the script she is acting out...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2968404/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Edited by Ulysses G.

Folks,

Just watching this brand spanking new series fresh off the boat...

Black Box...

Umm.... w00t.gif

I liked the first customer review:

This was truly the worst pilot TV show I've ever seen. The writing is very weak and silly but the worst part of the show is the actress who plays the main character. She is once of the worst actresses I've seen in ages. She pouts everything she says and speaks in this sort of baby-whining voice. She is utterly unbelievable in every part of the script she is acting out...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2968404/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I guess that's a thumbs up from the two of you...

Here is a trailer I found.

• Like 1

Yeah I'll continue to watch Black Box.. The main character plays the bi polar part well, even if a bit extreme.

Could be Grey's Anatomy's dark cousin :P

Patsycat, you might like this show ;)

Elementary is back as well chaps, Lucy Liu a fox as always, but the following episodes will no doubt lead to a 3rd season. Which I won't be complaining about ;)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Also, just finished watching 'That Awkward Moment', wanted to hate it given that Zac Effron was the lead, but god dammit! <deleted> hilarious! In a bro com type of way...

Even the missus was giggling throughout, which is always a good sign :P

Solid 7/10

• Like 2

I watched a bad copy of Ender's Game and didn't really enjoy it, but watched a better copy a few months later and did. I am a real fan of the book and have read it several times over the years.

How about the sequels? I've just started reading Xenocide and it's even more complex than the prequel

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

My kids loved Mr. Peabody and Sherman (they are young teens). They also loved Frozen.

Watched the animated movie Frozen with the GF last night (her choice).

Basically it is a love story musical, that come in an animated wrapper.

I watched a bad copy of Ender's Game and didn't really enjoy it, but watched a better copy a few months later and did. I am a real fan of the book and have read it several times over the years.

How about the sequels? I've just started reading Xenocide and it's even more complex than the prequel

I loved Speaker for the Dead. I thought that it was as good as the first one. I wasn't crazy about Xenocide, but it wasn't bad either. I hear the next one is much better, but have never gotten that far.

• Like 1

Is it just me or is Hollywood running the remake machine excessively?

What has caused this phenomena? It's not like there aren't any good writers out there.

What else?

Hill Street Blues was a fave of mine as a teen

Funny as I read that the theme tune started playing in my head :) Loved that series too as a kid. Also Quincy - still catch the odd rerun - brilliant!

• Like 1

Is it just me or is Hollywood running the remake machine excessively?

What has caused this phenomena? It's not like there aren't any good writers out there.

Greed causes it - same reason many great shows get canned because they are too niche. Put on a 70s or 80s remake and instantly get all those that remembered the show fondly tuning in - plus any new views caught in the hype or by the trailers. Its also the reason there will never be another Star Trek spin off on TV (the film rights are now owned by a separate company - due to a split - and as long as the movies make big bucks every 2-3 years, no need to water it down by providing the same on TV - same reason Agents of SHIELD never have the Marvel superheroes actually in the show)

Another Chicago Fire / Chicago P.D cross over this week... Good viewing so far (Chicago Fire), concludes tomorrow with Chicago P.D

Patsycat, you'll want to get in on this action wink.png

Watched both this afternoon!!

Warning - watch Chicago Fire before Chicago PD or you won't really get the storyline.

• Like 1

Another Chicago Fire / Chicago P.D cross over this week... Good viewing so far (Chicago Fire), concludes tomorrow with Chicago P.D

Patsycat, you'll want to get in on this action wink.png

Watched both this afternoon!!

Warning - watch Chicago Fire before Chicago PD or you won't really get the storyline.

One of the better cross over episodes...

I know BookMan will want to watch this as well ;)

Oh, BM you're going to get a massive kick out of The Following this week (if you haven't already watched it) :D - pretty sure it was the season finale as well, but a huge kick nevertheless...

• Like 1

I have watched the first season of Chicago PD and liked it, but maybe I would have liked it more, if I had seen Chicago Fire. I'm not big on Fireman stories though.

I have watched the first season of Chicago PD and liked it, but maybe I would have liked it more, if I had seen Chicago Fire. I'm not big on Fireman stories though.

Yeah in order to get the link you've got to watch from at least Season 3 (I think) of Chicago Fire, but you can get away with it by watching Season 4 (current season) of Chicago Fire ;)

just watched the first episode of penny dreadfull ,not sure yet ,will try another episode ,second series of orphan black ,very good , and series 4 of vera ,ist episode good as usuall .

Dexter is really good show. I got tired of it near the end and stopped watching, but when I started up again, I thought it was as good as in the beginning. The last episode is kind of stupid though, IMO.

I think the first four seasons were good. The last four were mere fillers for the finale.

• Like 1

Silicon Valley, a new HBO show is alright. A little less sophisticated than the usual HBO/Showtime/premium channel shows. Much more like a US network sitcom (but 30 mins instead of 22 - no commercials). Lots of nerdy stereotypes that you'd expect from a show about a tech startup, but still, pretty good writing and the plot moves along well, at least through the 3 episodes I've seen.

• Like 1

Dexter?!! I loved it, from Episode One to Episode Whatever 8 years later.

It was just what us people needed at the time, something different and Dexter delivered and carried on delivering.

Don't worry if you feel a bit behind the times - I am just starting on Breaking Bad...

I did watch Black Box episode one - jeez, if i knew life was so sexxy if i came off my meds i would have done it years ago!!!! But shall watch more.

Devious Maids is back for season two. I loved Season One, so am looking forward to this.

The Following? Is it really finished.... I hope not, i really enjoyed it.

Edited by Patsycat
  • Like 2