What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Another heads up ,next thursday the second series of" the Fall" is starting on British tv ,so i am sure by friday it will be there to download.

I was wondering when there would be a second season. Season 1 finished so long ago people would have forgotten the storyline. It was a very good first series though.

• Like 1

These Final Hours

An Australian film, shot in Perth. (I know that will appeal to one regular)

It is an end of the world scenario. A man tries to help a girl reunite with her father, before the end of the world.

They have done a great job on what must have bene a very limited budget.

7 /10 from me

Nice wrap up BookMan.

Especially looking forward to this one.

• Like 1

These Final Hours

It is an end of the world scenario. A man tries to help a girl reunite with her father, before the end of the world.

7 /10 from me

Nice wrap up BookMan.

Agree, thanks to Bookman, downloading Wanted Man and Weekend now as a result of his reviews.

• Like 1

These Final Hours

7 /10 from me

Nice wrap up BookMan.

I like the end of the world genre and have spent a fair amount of time in Perth on holiday. I'm downloading it right now. wai.gif

• Like 2

These Final Hours

7 /10 from me

Nice wrap up BookMan.

Agree, thanks to Bookman, downloading Wanted Man and Weekend now as a result of his reviews.

Watched these final hours, very good apocalypse movie, and I think realistically shows the likely scenarios we would see at world's end, though I'm afraid even that is too optimistic for how many people would behave in their final hours. I agree with Bookman's 7/10, could even go 7.5.

• Like 2

Another heads up ,next thursday the second series of" the Fall" is starting on British tv ,so i am sure by friday it will be there to download.

I was wondering when there would be a second season. Season 1 finished so long ago people would have forgotten the storyline. It was a very good first series though.

BBC are currently re running it.

• Like 1

The last episode of Downton Abbey was dismal. To be honest, i would rather have read the very amusing write up in the Daily Mail than wait up to download that dross. And it lasted an hour and a half. Even my 85 year old mum fell asleep half way through. They better come up with a really good Xmas Special.

The Fall - i remember watching it, but as you say it was so long ago. May watch a couple of episodes again to catch up.

Frontera - i really liked it. I fell asleep half way through (do not lie in bed with your laptop in front of your face) but watched the rest the next day.

Begin Again - good feel movie with Keira knightly singing and Mark Rufullo being sexy as ever. I liked the music.

Shall i stay - sad, poingnant.

Tonight - Finally shall watch The Grand Budapest Hotel, and Taken 2 and some of my silly reality shows which i shall never reveal here!!

• Like 2

These Final Hours

7 /10 from me

Nice wrap up BookMan.

Watched these final hours, very good apocalypse movie, and I think realistically shows the likely scenarios we would see at world's end, though I'm afraid even that is too optimistic for how many people would behave in their final hours. I agree with Bookman's 7/10, could even go 7.5.

Yep, agree with the above.

Also glad to see the home town never looking betterbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Just finished watching all 85 episodes of Mad Men. It took about 5 weeks. What a ride. With great literate scripts and stories, every character got full development, as we follow the ups and downs of the Sterling-Cooper Agency all the way through the 1960's. John Hamm as Don Draper gets the most face time, but there were so many other great performances. I've never seen anything quite like this series. Looking forward to the seven closing episodes.

10/10 *****(!)

Edited by Frank James
  • Like 2

I may be the last person on earth who has never watched Breaking Bad. I shall start tomorrow. Get the food and booze in and just take it away.

I stopped after season 1, not sure why. But a month ago I got this nasty cold. And was housebound for several days. So....finished it up. Great show.

Maybe Mad Men will be next for me? LOL

• Like 1

I may be the last person on earth who has never watched Breaking Bad. I shall start tomorrow. Get the food and booze in and just take it away.

You're certainly not Patsy, I haven't nor probably never will watch it, same for Mad Men...

Bet you're looking forward to Crossover Week :D

You're certainly not Patsy, I haven't nor probably never will watch it, same for Mad Men...

Bet you're looking forward to Crossover Week biggrin.png

Stop it Mr Smith!

Give BB a crack mate, it's well worth it.

BTW, Chicago PD is just getting better IMO.

• Like 2

Bet you're looking forward to Crossover Week biggrin.png

Stop it Mr Smith!

Give BB a crack mate, it's well worth it.

BTW, Chicago PD is just getting better IMO.

Hahah yeah it's like I missed the boat on it and couldn't bring myself to download it - too much hype I guess - same goes for Mad Men...

Agreed on Chicago PD mate, it might be the OC of the 'Cop Dramas' but it's damn good watching, this week should be a corker, with cameo's from Law & Order - SVU and Chicago Fire across all 3 episodes..

I'm actually playing catch up this week, having been home to Australia last week, I missed some 30 tv shows that I watch regularly so far I've caught up with:

The Blacklist: Holy jesus h christ! More twists and turns than a bobsled course! Unbelievable!

Madam Secretary: The new 'West Wing' really liking this, Téa Leoni is brilliant!

Chicago PD: As I mentioned above, this week is, "Crossover Week", starting tonight with Chicago Fire, but as Khun Will27 mentioned, it's getting better for those who haven't found it appealing in the past.

Law & Order SVU: The last remaining of the L&O franchises, still kicks goals for me, so long as Tutuola remains. I think once he leaves that'll be it for me, unless Munch comes back. The current direction with Benson is annoying. Hopefully this weeks Crossover event kickstarts something

Sleepy Hollow: Thoroughly enjoy this mediocre horror series, Crane keeps me entertained with his colonialisms.

NCIS Los Angeles: It's my favorite of the 3 current franchises, I do enjoy plane Jane NCIS, but LA gives me a few more laughs and Kensi Bligh is hotter than Bishop ;) Hette's trips down memory lane are also entertaining, LL Cool J I can take or leave.

Still plenty to catch up on, think I'll be staying in this weekened.

Also watched Lucy on the flight back to Bangkok on the weekend, what a trip that one is, I thought it was going to be something totally different not some cheap Tarrentino rip off. Johannsen was good but she could have been better...

I've still got to catch up with Scorpion, Sons of Anarchy, NCIS,

• Like 2

I stopped after season 1, not sure why. But a month ago I got this nasty cold. And was housebound for several days. So....finished it up. Great show.

Maybe Mad Men will be next for me? LOL

BB is one series that gets better every season.

I also have never watched mad men.

• Like 1

Think I've found one here Trend Setters.

Gomorrah

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2049116/?ref_=nv_sr_1

This one took a little time to grow on me but I'm really into it now.

A realistic, gritty Italian crime series.

Movie Info

Five stories weave together to form director Matteo Garrone's Gomorrah,

a violent look at the cruel reality endured by the residents of the Province of Naples.

If you like organized crime shows, do yourself a favour and have a look.

This one was a bit of a slow burner for me. Took me until episode 4

to really get into it.

Finished it last night (12 episodes) and was really impressed. As good as I've

seen for a while.

This would be close to the Crime Show find of the year.

if you like The Wire you will like this. It is a Crime show looking at the criminals, with very little police involvement in the story line. Watching this show you wonder if there is any street or underpass in Italy that is not sprinkled with dirt and rubbish. Great use of street scenes and abandoned factories/warehouses/apartments.

yes, it has subtitles, but it is worth the watch

8.5 from me

'Nicely spotted KhunWill

• Like 1

Tommy Lee Jones has just produced and directed a sure classic in "The Homesman." Jones, playing a scalawag named George Briggs, gets more or less forced into helping self-reliant spinster Mary Bee Cuddy, played perfectly by Hilary Swank. Mary Bee has volunteered to drive what amounts to a jail on wheels across the barren Nebraska plains to deliver three women into the care of a church in Iowa. On the way, she runs into Mr. Briggs, sitting on a horse in his underwear, with a rope around his neck, praying that the horse won't run out from under him.

The women have all gone crazy, living in sod houses, losing babies to fever, listening to the wind blow, losing crops, losing all hope.

It's a great original story, beautifully filmed and acted. James Spader and Meryl Streep appear in cameo roles late in the film.

I couldn't help recalling Tommy Lee Jones' immortal role as Captain Woodrow Call in "Lonesome Dove", hauling the body of his dead partner Gus, all the way back to Texas from Montana. And then later on, in "The 3 Burials of M. Estrada", hauling the body of his ranch hand, Meliquiades Estrada, back to Mexico for a proper burial.

Great stuff. *****

• Like 1