What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Anyway, I was hooked again after the first minute of the first episode. Watched the entire season over the weekend. T

I did the same last year. From memory I think you did also.

With the Netflix and Amazon series that is an issue. I binge for one or two days and then i have to wait a full year for the next.

• Like 1

With the Netflix and Amazon series that is an issue. I binge for one or two days and then i have to wait a full year for the next.

I can't wait for the new season of "Orange is the New Black" to come out. I'm reading the original book right mow. It has the same tone as the TV show, but some different characters and stories. I'm really enjoying it.

• Like 2

Anyway, I was hooked again after the first minute of the first episode. Watched the entire season over the weekend. T

I did the same last year. From memory I think you did also.

I see only one solution: Netflix and Amazon must bring us at least 2 extremely good shows every week. That would ease the pain of waiting. smile.png

But who knows. Maybe in the future this will become a regular thing even for the major TV companies (at least once in a while)? Viewer habits might change thanks to Netflix and Amazon (and isn't Hulu also producing their own shows???) I am all for it. Complete shows have two clear advantages IMO: they can't be cancelled in the middle of a season and they can't be broken up into who knows how many blocks. I'm currently watching "The Good Wife" (I know, I know, but I'm a huge fanwub.png ). After 12 episodes interrupted by the christmas break they stopped for a few weeks and give out two more episodes now without letting anybody know when the rest of the season will be aired (it is probably not even produced yet). So, for me, waiting for a whole year is the lesser of two evils (and also I am simply too curious and I have no self-discipline biggrin.png ).

• Like 1

Just watched the 1st episode of. The last man in the world it's a comedy ,different and looks as if it could be ok,guess what it's about?

It is actually: The Last Man on Earth. I'm downloading it now.

sorry ,thats what comes of talking to the wife while typingsmile.png

• Like 1

BookMan will be elated to hear that his favorite show "The Following" kicks off again today!

Lots of followers of The Following.

It must have improved greatly

If it's as good as the new avatar, it will definitely be a hit! biggrin.png

• Like 1

Just finished watching Wolf Hall ,this is what the BBC was invented for ,superb ,a jewel in the midst of left wing PC dross , shame that it will now slide back into the pit after raising its head so high once again .

It was well impressive. Haven't seen something as good as this in a long time. Well done BBC!

p02gg285.jpg

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 2

good wife is back for the run in to the end of season 6. I'm a long term fan and whilst still.atm enjoyable but tbh one more series and i reckon its done. The vibrancy of the established charecters seems 2 b waining and 2 me they are slightly struggling to move it on at the pace and intensity i'de got used to. maybe a touch harsh but we'll c.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

So... The boffins at CBS thought it a good idea to jump on the "cyber crimes" series craze sweeping the networks and launched "CSI: Cyber", Patricia Arquette wasted no time getting over being knocked off in HBO's "Boardwalk Empire", Frank will probably like this if not just for Aquette ;) Also stars Peter MacNicol, I always enjoyed him in Ally MacBeal and then Numb3rs so hopefully he continues to impress.

I've been on/off with the CSI franchise over the years watching probably only a handful of episodes of the original variant - Miami and New York never really clicked in the same way..

I'll give Cyber a run and see how it goes...

• Like 1

I still LOVE the Good Wife. The characters are great and - IMO - it is better than most other shows. wub.png

I still look forward to it every week and always watch it immediately.

yeah as i said I`m a fan and wont stop watching it, but after a break the best they can come up with was that !! just felt a touch tired and repetative

• Like 1

BookMan will be elated to hear that his favorite show "The Following" kicks off again today!

No spoilers please BM! tongue.png

Khun BM, did you use your influence, the new series seems to be everything you've ever wanted it to be ;)

• Like 1

No spoilers please BM! tongue.png

Khun BM, did you use your influence, the new series seems to be everything you've ever wanted it to be wink.png

Those in the know follow this PM

Chappie.

Released in Thai cinemas today.

Story of Chappie, a police robot, damaged in the line of duty, he is earmarked for crushing. Saved from the scrap heap by the man who invented him, he is given a new program which allows him to think and feel like a human.

A mix of humour, action, SFX. Stars Hugh Jackman and Sigourney Weaver, Dev Patel.

I enjoyed this one and was happy i saw it on the big screen. 7/10 from me

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/chappie/

anything else we should know about it :D

anyway watched 'leviathan' an excellent film . a dark ish tale set in a little town in Russia about the currupt system beating down the small man . tbh i'm surprised putins mob let the film out.

Edited by rijit

Prison Break was great in it's day way back then. as was 24 and Dexter. I loved them all.

We seem to discuss more up to date films and series here.

DCI Banks - first episode of Series 5 tonight was great. And i can't wave my hands in the air too much for Indian Summers.

Oh, and Season 14 of <deleted> Gordon Ramsay's Hells Kitchen has opened it's doors!!

Edited by Patsycat
  • Like 1

Agreed. I really liked Prison Break the first year, but it got a little silly when all the prison staff started chasing them around the world after they finally got away. I liked the characters though, so watched it until the end.

• Like 1

Prison Break was great in it's day way back then. as was 24 and Dexter. I loved them all.

We seem to discuss more up to date films and series here.

DCI Banks - first episode of Series 5 tonight was great. And i can't wave my hands in the air too much for Indian Summers.

Oh, and Season 14 of <deleted> Gordon Ramsay's Hells Kitchen has opened it's doors!!

yeah indian summers has so.far, been disapointing.

I watched the first few episodes when it first came out, but it did not do much for me. Is it worth another try?

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

I watched the first few episodes when it first came out, but it did not do much for me. Is it worth another try?

Aint watched it but got middling reviews http://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-following

Aint watched it but got middling reviews http://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-following

Khun GS makes it all sound so tempting to watch Season 3. I sense a trap...

• Like 2