What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

I must say, I'm enjoying "Secrets and Lies" so far. I'll be interested to see how or if they can drag this past 1 season though.

Not completely sold on "Battle Creek" though, it's watchable but it's not nearly as enjoyable as "Backstrom"

• Like 2

you keep harping bac to that yeah and i apologized if that was seen as a spoiler, but it was in conversation with someone who obliviously had watched the episode and was a comment about something that had been happening for ?? weeks,, Anyway, frank james and u actually keeps summising and telling us what happens in episodes call it a summary or spoiler, it's unnecessary thoughtless call it what u want, your both obviously interested and fairly knowledgeable about films or drama, in general your opinions for me would be interesting but why spoil it for others, no need.

Please, enough. We have all read your opinion. If it bothers you so much engage in a PM with the poster or don't read any post on this thread.

Neither Will27 of Fankjames offer spoilers in their reviews of movies and shows. Both contribute a lot of good shows and they offer their own opinion on the quality of the show

On the odd occasion a member might be revealing something ,a potential spoiler, they put a big 'SPOILER ALERT' in bold

oversize CAPS. Seems easy enough to avoid that post, I know I do.

The thread works well the way it has been running and I have discovered dozens of shows through it. No need to change the current format.

yeah its good when someone recomnends a show or film and

agreed theirs no need to change the current format as long as people Stick to their opinions and stop telling whats gonna happen in episodes or films. and if they feel like sharing the DETAILS. yeah as you suggest pms are appropriate

dont you think or as in many cases not.?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I must say, I'm enjoying "Secrets and Lies" so far. I'll be interested to see how or if they can drag this past 1 season though.

Not completely sold on "Battle Creek" though, it's watchable but it's not nearly as enjoyable as "Backstrom"

Yep, I agree with you on Battle Creek, it could go either way for me.

IMO, Backstrom is better. The main lead reminds me of a cross between Colombo and Dr House.

• Like 1

This one called Daredevil, from Marvel and Netflix looks pretty good.

Starts on April 10.

That one looks good.

I was a big fan of the early Daredevil comics

Khun Will27, you and I (and probably khun BookMan) both know you are hansum man with kind heart.

But next time, please post a **SPOILER ALERT**

Otherwise, you're spoiling the movie for those of us who haven't seen it yet!

tongue.png

laugh.png

• Like 1

Have started The Newsroom. A couple if days ago. I'm on season 2 already. Absolutely bloody brilliant.

Isn't it just.

The 3rd and final season is just as good as the first 2 seasons.

I think the whole cast is fantastic but there is some real chemistry between Jeff Daniels and Sam Waterston.

Watched the latest walking dead,wow,what an episode,i mean this show is now far beyond zombies it is turning into a Dostoyevsky, like take on humanity,the final scene with the bee gee's spics and specs was awesome,likeRick really just want's to get back out there,PTSS ,big time,also another excellent better call saul.

Stumbled upon iZombie. Something like a medical student who is a zombie working in a morgue and eating the brains of deceased people to survive. Once she eats the brain she acquires the memories of the killed person and with that knowledge she can help the police. Whaaaaaaat??? Seriously?????

It is supposed to start on 17.03.2015. Oh, and BTW, it is announced as a comedy.

bah.gif

• Like 1

'Indias Daughter' from BBC storyville documents the events of 16 Dec 12 where a young woman was gang raped on a delhi bus & later died in Singapore. Having watched it this morning I was frankly shocked at the detail and can see why India has banned it this week. Here's the link to Iplayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05534p0/storyville-20142015-19-indias-daughter

If Thailand has any sence they'll regard this as a wake up call...

You can see why India blocked it this week? Did you even watch it? Sick.

Well, my gorgeous fireman who happens to be engaged to Lady GaGa is still alive. Thats good.

Hells Kitchen is back, just Johnny depp it.

That documentary has really made its point. Hopefully. All around the world.

Wouldn't it be nice that we were all happy people.

A few of us on here, Frank James in particular will be happy to read this.

‘The Fall’ Picked Up For 3rd Season With Gillian Anderson & Jamie Dornan

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni58379097?ref_=hm_nw_tv2

Well, this is surprising but welcome news!

At the risk of being accused again, the following statement might be construed as a SPOILER! GO NO FURTHER! How's that?

It certainly appeared to be "over" at the end of the last episode.

Anyway, there can never be too much Gillian/Stella.

Yes, totally agreed. I was very surprised when I read that Anderson gave an interview speaking of enough material for a further season. And then it actually happens. Good news and thanks to Will for posting it. smile.png

Edited by jope
  • Like 2

Desiree Akhavan writes, directs and stars in 'indie' 'Appropriate behavior', 2nd generation Iranian new york girl with an incredibly sharp tongue rebounds through a helter skelter of a love life, overall likable and often amusing.

I will say it again house of cards ,the original British series and the first two series from across the pond were great,now they are losing the plot, hope they do not make a fourth series

Totally understand what some are saying about Season 3. But I find opinions like this interesting. You say you "hope they don't" [continue the series]. But why do you actually care whether a show you've genuinely lost interest in adds another season or not? If they did, and you liked it, you'd want to watch. But if they do, but you didn't, then you wouldn't. Simple. Or are you afraid that not wanting to watch you might miss something (that might've made you watch...but didn't want to watch...but maybe you would want to watch...but you don't...but you do...but...)? And so you'd prefer they actually didn't produce another season, to save you a dilemma? Is that it? 'Kind of a head-scratcher.

I know. 'Way overthinking this. smile.png I'm just stuck in a rut of always preferring to have more, rather than fewer, choices. And it seems to me that if you liked Season 1 & 2, but not 3, then there's at least the possibility that they might revert to whatever the original formula was for 1 & 2 if enough people agree with you. Does that ever happen? You've got me there - no idea.

Edited by hawker9000
  • Like 2

I will say it again house of cards ,the original British series and the first two series from across the pond were great,now they are losing the plot, hope they do not make a fourth series

Totally understand what some are saying about Season 3. But I find opinions like this interesting. You say you "hope they don't" [continue the series]. But why do you actually care whether a show you've genuinely lost interest in adds another season or not? If they did, and you liked it, you'd want to watch. But if they do, but you didn't, then you wouldn't. Simple. Or are you afraid that not wanting to watch you might miss something (that might've made you watch...but didn't want to watch...but maybe you would want to watch...but you don't...but you do...but...)? And so you'd prefer they actually didn't produce another season, to save you a dilemma? Is that it? 'Kind of a head-scratcher.

I know. 'Way overthinking this. smile.png I'm just stuck in a rut of always preferring to have more, rather than fewer, choices. And it seems to me that if you liked Season 1 & 2, but not 3, then there's at least the possibility that they might revert to whatever the original formula was for 1 & 2 if enough people agree with you. Does that ever happen? You've got me there - no idea.

Actually ,the reason i said it was ,the first two series ,mirrored the original ,it was just done for American audiences ,and may i say done very well , but now its a different show ,and although the acting is good the story lines are not ,eg episode 3 ,obviously the Russian was supposed to be Putin and i guess the singers were Pussy riot . not very original and badly written ,so as i hate to see a great series go downhill ,i hope there is no fourth season as i will start watching and be further dissapointed .

• Like 2

A future for House of Cards? (SPECULATION FOLLOWS. Mature Readers Only.)

If there is a fourth season of House of Cards, I will watch it, until the point where the story becomes completely preposterous, as almost happened a couple of times in Seasons 2 and 3. I still like to think that a man who is this morally bankrupt could never be elected President of the United States of America. Coming in as the result of the sitting President's death or resignation, as did F. Underwood, maybe. If such a person did get elected, their corrupt nature would soon become apparent. And if they had committed numerous felonies on their rise to the top, it would be found out rather quickly. (See Nixon, Richard.)

Speculative statement following may be seen by some as a SPOILER. Proceed at your own risk.

Seriously, how could crimes such as those seen in this series stay covered up? (Was that a SPOILER?) If nothing else, misappropriation of funds by such an already unpopular President, would probably result in impeachment.

• Like 1

Mr. Turner

I had been waiting to see this film with keen anticipation. First impression: the original musical score features some very aggressive modernistic violin work that I found unsettling. It got an Oscar nomination, so what do I know?

Timothy Spall was fantastic in this role, grunting and snorting his way through life. This is one of the hardest working actors in the business. Look at the man's filmography, and you see he's ALWAYS working. I first noticed him, being exceptionally weird in "The Sheltering Sky", one of my all time favorite films.

The film seems to be a series of vignettes from the latter year's of Turner's life. I really enjoyed the romance that developed with the widow Mrs. Booth. It's great to see two older, "plain" looking folks enjoying old fashioned love onscreen.

Photography in this film is on a level with Kubrick's classic "Barry Lyndon."

NINE, with slashing strokes of the brush.

• Like 2

just watched this weeks ` vikings` and it still entertains and develops at a good pace. Next to jane the virgin the americans, Nashville atm its amongst my fav tv dramas. And Despite recent critism on here ' house of cards' season 3 , 4 me aint a bad fill in , oh a season four is coming 100% for sure . Why? think episode 7:rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app