What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Ray Donovan 3

Been waiting for the return of the Fighting Donovans for months, and the initial episode doesn't disappoint. Great to see Ian McShane (Al Swearingen!) added to the lineup. Lots of sinister stuff shaping up.

• Like 1

Ray Donovan 3

Been waiting for the return of the Fighting Donovans for months, and the initial episode doesn't disappoint. Great to see Ian McShane (Al Swearingen!) added to the lineup. Lots of sinister stuff shaping up.

Was Ian McShane the rich guy whose son Ray got back?

• Like 1

Ray Donovan 3

Was Ian McShane the rich guy whose son Ray got back?

That's him. He'll probably be taking up the sudden current slack in Ray's fixer biz. He looks like a guy who might have a lotta stuff needs fixing. Didn't realize he was so short. Ray looks like a giant standing next to him.

Looks like Mickey's cooking up another cheap hustle. He is a force of nature.

"1945 The Savage Peace" from the BBC tells the harrowing tale of what happened to Germans/ethnic German speakers in Czech, Poland etc immediately after the war. To say I was shocked and appalled is an understatement as I for one was unaware of just how brutally these people were treated; in many cases simply for speaking the wrong language.

I tried to paste the formal write-up but had to delete as I wasn't able to separate the text from it's dark background.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

Just started watching the third part of proof,well I tried but just not much good,so that's it for me

I completely agree. I hoped for more but gave up. And although it is hard to believe, but there is a life before death. Why waste it with this boring show?

• Like 1

Ray Ray was good. I watched with pleasure. Funny to see Ian McShane in there, i didn't realise he was so short.

Back to True Detective - what a load of .... I don't know what's going on. I only watch it because i think Colin Farrell is cute.

Movies - i downloaded Magic Mike - just to get myself into the feeling and bodily ways to respect and understand Magic Mike XXL when it arrives. From a very clinical way, as you must know.

Cantwaitcantwaitcantwait... oops!!! My little arms are flailing!! I may have to look at the trailer again on u toob!! And why the hell not? Us ladies do actually enjoy things like that.

Edited by Patsycat
  • Like 2

Didn't mind Mr Robot ep 2. Not as good as 1..meandered a little, but overall not bad. Not really sure the plot is going and i don't believe Christian Slater in his role, but I'll be watching a couple more.

after a great first episode Imo a disappointing meandering un entertaining 2 nd episode of Mr robot coffee1.gif I'll watch another but after that if it doesnt improve 4 me it'll be arrivederci

I'm with you there rijit... It demanded extra concentration, blink and you missed the entire plot line...

Even my wife didn't bother to ask me questions about it, she said 'I won't bother to ask you to explain it, that was too intense' I said 'great, because I'd have to watch it again just to be able to explain to you what just happened'

Just watched it myself ,to be honest I couldn't understand half of what they said mumble mumble,I just got bored as well,might try one more episode. But really disappointed

Watched epsiode 2 last night and thought it was pretty good.

Was always going to be hard to match the first episode.

I'm happy to keep watching at this stage.

• Like 2

"1945 The Savage Peace" from the BBC tells the harrowing tale of what happened to Germans/ethnic German speakers in Czech, Poland etc immediately after the war. To say I was shocked and appalled is an understatement as I for one was unaware of just how brutally these people were treated; in many cases simply for speaking the wrong language.

I tried to paste the formal write-up but had to delete as I wasn't able to separate the text from it's dark background.

No need ro cut and paste the text mate . its a pain having to scroll past it and in general it just takes up space unnecessarily specially when a one line link does the job well enuf.

And yeah took germany got stick for the second world war no reparations like after the first it took a decade b4 they got amywhere approaching self esteme bac. Interestingly enuf the point of realisation is widely recognised as the 1954 world cup and later is marked by quite a good film on it called 'the miracle of bern'https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Miracle_of_Bern

rijit

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

Some time ago I watched San Andreas,and said the effects were Crap and so was the movie ,then it was pointed out that I had watched the cheap version San Andres fault,just watched the real thing,special effects good movie utter Crap ,who writes this drivel a 10 year old?still our son enjoyed it ,you no longer have to think when you watch rubbish like this.rant over

Edited by i claudius
  • Like 1

I think it is worth mentioning that quite a few people in Germany feel rather uncomfortable when it comes to the aftermath of "the unspeakable" when suddenly Germans had to endure what "they" did to other peoples before. German documentaries on the issue are usually (and understandably, IMO) seen as the pathetic attempt to forget who started "it". And there is always a public discussion, whether one should produce such documentaries or not. Fortunately, it is the BBC that brought it up this time.

But I did like The Miracle of Bern. Although the result is well known, I found it very enjoyable to watch. I still remember when I watched it on TV and my wife wanted to go out. And I told her that we had to wait because Rahn would make the winning goal in a few minutes. Silly, I know but still... biggrin.png

• Like 1

What I recently started watching:

Wayward Pines (Hotel California (the song) meets Lost meets the X Files meets Twilight Zone!)

Mr Robot

Sense8 (very cool pictures and quiet entertaining)

The Whispers

Under the dome

Dark Matter

Movie: Ex Machina (probably the best this year so far)

Jurassic World (if you watch it as what it is - a monster flic- you will enjoy it immensely)

Cant't wait for Season 2 of The Strain!

Edited by DM07

The Making of the Mob: New York

I can't resist stories of the old time (20's thru 50's) Mafia, so I had to watch this ridiculous concoction. The "facts" presented about the rise of the Syndicate are generally accurate enough, but the dramatization is cheap & cheesy to the Max. There are scenes supposedly set in the early Thirties, and we see a 1950's car. The worst part is the music, which is pounding non-stop to heighten the dramatic effect.

The WORST worst part is the commentary from actors about the old time mob. Most of them are (out of work?) veterans from the Sopranos series. They even got Rudy Giuliani in to say a few words here and there. Best of these cameos: Drea d'Matteo commenting on prostitution, and what pigs men are. I can still visualize her scampering around in her negligee (Frederick's of Hollywood's best!) screaming at her boyfriend, "Chris-ta-fuh!" (R.I.P. James Gandolfini.)

This is another one of those shows where everybody is constantly smoking, even in the courtroom (!), and every indoor scene has that hazy look, to remind us that we are looking into "the Past."

Still, I can't look away. It's an offer I can't refuse.

SEVEN, just barely. Get the cannolies.

Well, I watched E03 of True Detectives last night. It was rubbish & I switched off after 30 mins.

Sooo disappointed. sad.png

Weird cos i was totally indiferent to it but i'm quite getting into it, its sort of like one of those novels that have three? different stories going on, can be not quite challenging bur maybe sometimes irritating to follow, but u know somewhere along the line their gonna collide or merge, its just how dramatically or interestingly they do

• Like 1

I recently acquired one of those android magic-media boxes and get an absurd number of channels via the internet using apps like Mobdro... In scanning the channel list, one of my childhood favorites popped out and I couldn't resist watching a few episodes of Ozzie and Harriet... A trip down memory lane with one of the very first family-oriented sitcoms to ever be produced, set in a time when the greatest worry that parents had for their children was whether they got good grades in school and had a date for the prom...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwSabksHGhw

TV Series - The Met: Policing London.

Downloaded this 5 part series from the Beeb yesterday.

I haven't watched any of it as yet but the reviews and trailer look good.

Will post a review shortly.

Looks like a good series if episode 1 is anything to go by.

Episode 1 is on the shooting of Mark Duggan, a black man in Tottenham.

IMO, he was a thug. Duggan disposed of a gun before he was shot by police.

This of course was made out to be a "race" thing and led to riots.

A public inquest on the Duggan killing began on 16 September 2013, and ended on 8 January 2014

with an 8–2 majority concluding that Duggan's death was a lawful killing.

What struck me was the amount of crap and abuse the coppers had/have to deal with.

You just wouldn't want to be a copper these days methinks.

• Like 1

Having just watched episode 1 it isn't bad; indeed it was earily reminiscent of standing between protestant and catholic many years ago & getting abused no matter how hard you try...

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1