What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Watched it! Watched Hand of God. All 10 episodes, I could not stop. The bloody show kept me from doing all the important things I had to do over the weekend.

I remember that I was not the only one who liked the trailer last year with only a few people voicing doubts. Well, I can say that the show met all my expectations. Nice development of characters. The characters stay bad persons but with a human touch so to say (except for the mayor, I rather liked him). There is even a hint of sex and violence. The ending is debatable, though.

I fully support this show. smile.png

I watched the pilot last year but cannot find the whole season at the regular haunts.

• Like 1

Watched it! Watched Hand of God. All 10 episodes, I could not stop. The bloody show kept me from doing all the important things I had to do over the weekend.

I remember that I was not the only one who liked the trailer last year with only a few people voicing doubts. Well, I can say that the show met all my expectations. Nice development of characters. The characters stay bad persons but with a human touch so to say (except for the mayor, I rather liked him). There is even a hint of sex and violence. The ending is debatable, though.

I watched the pilot last year but cannot find the whole season at the regular haunts.

Jope has a direct line to the Big Fella himself... Knows where to get it all

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Almost! I have an amazon prime subscription wub.png

• Like 2

Almost! I have an amazon prime subscription wub.png

Its on the place where you get your ass kicked biggrin.png

• Like 1

finished series one of empire and loved it until the final 3 ish episodes fast explosive May sound a touch weird it almost imo seemed 2 become a victim of its own success. trying to preserve the Story an charecters it

failed to REALLY move on, same old same old just with diferent charecters in the frame. Shame .still will watch out 4 series 2 and hope they get fresh blood in the script writing dept.

rijit

• Like 1

Olive Kitteridge

Frances McDormand tears this one up! She makes you care about a character that at first seems most un-likeable. What a great mini series. Richard Jenkins is outstanding the ultimate Decent American Man, Olive's steadfast old time pharmacist husband. Bill Murray comes in late and does his usual fine work. Much different from the usual HBO thing.

Worth a look. Starts slow, but give it time. (Four parts.)

TEN

• Like 2

Olive Kitteridge

Frances McDormand tears this one up! She makes you care about a character that at first seems most un-likeable. What a great mini series. Richard Jenkins is outstanding the ultimate Decent American Man, Olive's steadfast old time pharmacist husband. Bill Murray comes in late and does his usual fine work. Much different from the usual HBO thing.

TEN

more or less what was said bout 'show me a hero'

Edited by rijit

Watched episode 1 and 2, not sure if it is that great yet! But will watch 3 and 4 then decide.

Olive Kitteridge

TEN

more or less what was said bout 'show me a hero'

Show Me a Hero

Watching all six parts of this series was quite worthwhile. The acting was universally first rate by all concerned. I don't think HBO would have signed onto this if anybody but David Simon had been behind it. I doubt if non-Americans would like it very much, or understand the wacky politics that is unique to the USA. And I'll bet the number of Americans who have ever been to a typical meeting of their city council is maybe .0001%.

TEN, if only for the effort of making local politics and race relations dramatically interesting.

And now, we return you to Narcos! Plata, o plomo?

Edited by Frank James

Hmmmm just watched the first two episodes of hand of god And i'm liking the acting , its really well cast, the way its shot , the scripting keeps a decent pace the direction , in fact i there's an awful lot to like about it, but you know what, i'm thinking tht the basic story for me aint working that well,,ie he hears message and has revalations,, sori but atm it just doesnt cut it, shame cos theres a lot to like and i'm really wanting it to work, will persevere and hope for the best.wai2.gif

Narcos! Pablo is in the Wind! Again!

Just finished the series, which will continue next season. I see this production as a better than average made for TV gangster show. According to the voluminous factual (?) information on the rise and fall of "Don Pablo", the show is at least 90% fiction. What makes it worth watching is the portrayal of Escobar by Wagner Moura. His descent into madness and paranoia is most convincingly done.

The style and pace of the show is noticeably "Latino", and that's a good thing. I like the use of mostly Spanish language. The weak spot is the lead American player, who reminds me much too much of Owen Wilson, crossed with Macauley Culkin! (Bad combo.)

8-1/2 Mas plomo que plata!

Edited by Frank James
  • Like 2

I'm still thinking about all that cash...banknotes. The various websites giving info about Pablo's 'adventures' say that dealing with these huge piles of paper was a major headache, losing 10% or more every month to rodents and mold. And on the 'payee' end, where do the buyers get hold of all of those banknotes in the first place? You can't exactly go into Miami Trust & Savings and withdraw several million in cash from your already flagged checking account, in order to pay those fun-loving wacky Colombians.

When you consider shows like Narcos, Blow, Breaking Bad, and Scarface, these piles of cash are always on view. I'd like to see a show where this problem is factually addressed. And what will happen to the dope biz as cash is eventually phased out, as has been threatened for years now?

R.I.P. Pablo!

I'm still thinking about all that cash...banknotes. The various websites giving info about Pablo's 'adventures' say that dealing with these huge piles of paper was a major headache, losing 10% or more every month to rodents and mold. And on the 'payee' end, where do the buyers get hold of all of those banknotes in the first place? You can't exactly go into Miami Trust & Savings and withdraw several million in cash from your already flagged checking account, in order to pay those fun-loving wacky Colombians.

When you consider shows like Narcos, Blow, Breaking Bad, and Scarface, these piles of cash are always on view. I'd like to see a show where this problem is factually addressed. And what will happen to the dope biz as cash is eventually phased out, as has been threatened for years now?

R.I.P. Pablo!

R.I.P. ??????

If I believed in the concept of an afterlife, I would hope that it would neither be peaceful nor resting for Escobar!

R.I.P. Pablo!

R.I.P. ??????

If I believed in the concept of an afterlife, I would hope that it would neither be peaceful nor resting for Escobar!

Well, Pablo is considered a saint by many Colombians. He did more for the poor than any politician ever did. His thinking did get a bit twisted after a while, for sure.

If indeed there is a judgement that we all must face, Pablo will need a very good lawyer in the afterlife. "Judge, I can 'splain everything. It was those hijos de puta DEA that caused all the trouble! Who sent for those gringo maricones to our beautiful Colombia?? I can tell you many true stories about those cabrones justicias y politicos! Hey jour honor, what you got for smoke up here, eh?"

• Like 2

Can i presume Hand of God is coming back for a second season, and Narcos?

The only person i didn't like in Hand of God was the Mayor, i could hardly understand a word that he spoke. It was like he was wearing bad fitting false teeth.

Narcos i loved. Even the Spanish. I did learn a few new rude words though. But not as many as The Bridge.

I feel a bit bereft - you watch these series for a couple of days almost non stop. And, suddenly they are not there anymore.

But, don't worry. All the usual are coming back towards the end of the month. CSI, etc. and on the 13th of October my Firemen shall regaling my screen again... Bliss!!!

• Like 1

Stumbled on some rare treasure today.

JINXED: THE LIFE AND DEATHS OF ROBERT DURST

Fantastic stuff....a six episode documentary that is more gripping than any film ive seen lately.

Only seen 4 episodes but bob durst is quite a psycho....fascinating. Starring robert durst as himself.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/03/23/what-about-bob

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Like 2

Fantastic stuff....a six episode documentary that is more gripping than any film ive seen lately.

Only seen 4 episodes but bob durst is quite a psycho....fascinating. Starring robert durst as himself.

Yep

Has been mentioned on here several times already.

Excellent show.

• Like 1

Yep

Excellent show.

Apparently Mr Durst is still walking around, free on bail, awaiting trial(?) Shows what one can buy from the "justice system" when equipped with limitless funds and the best lawyers. What a strange little man.

• Like 1

Yep

Excellent show.

Im not surprised….however the review in new yorker as per the link lists a few others in a similar vein…can't wait to try them out.

• Like 1