What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

I have an old TV - not a flat screen - and an old fashioned player that only plays avi files. It looks like I just do not know what I am missing. I love screener copies. biggrin.png

5555 I'm a movie nut. I setup my dad with a 60" TV and 7.1 surround sound driven by a monster stereo receiver. It was like being there in real life! He loved to watch Top Gun as his windows would rattle when the planes would take off. 55555 He was an old pilot with very poor hearing. Luckily!

• Like 1

Hmmm..."screener" copies. We're talking the ones that say "For Your Consideration" and "Property of the Weinstein Company and Harvey says You're a Goddam Thief!" I've bought a lot of those at the Freshly Pressed DVD's From All Over stand at KSK/Chiang Mai, and also gotten some from torrent sites. The messages are only mildly annoying. I pretend I'm a member of the Academy, or at least a "should-be" member, as I have been a film fanatic since birth, and write a lot of reviews.

No, IMHO the moral hazard reverts to the original little rat who got hold of and copied the first screener copy, and made it available for mass copying all over the world. This person must at least work somewhere in the industry, in a position of some importance? Really, there are no clean hands in this big daisy chain, but by the time the copy reaches us lowly end users out here in the "Developing World", almost all of the guilt has washed off. It's a WIN-WIN!

Copies that are shot from the big screen via a video cam are not worth watching, even if one has been dying to see the film. It gets completely ridiculous when shadow heads bob in from late arrivals (people who went to the theater and paid $12++ to see this bomb).

• Like 2

I've not read through all the posts so sorry if this has been posted before.

Just watched "Gone Girl" starring Ben Affleck.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2267998/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Really good thriller that has you guessing right to the end.

thumbsup.gif

Just finished watching this after the wife had been nagging me for weeks to download it...

Needless to say, I should have just stuck with the traditional 'mai mee' and not because I didn't like the movie. The story, on the other hand, <deleted> me...

I'll never try to piss her off... Ever!

:P

• Like 2

Recently watched an excellent new 4 part hbo series called Olive Kitterage.

Found it hard going at times as it's so bleak and depressing.

Having said that, it was well worth the journey.

Thought it was really well cast and superbly acted.

Enjoyed it immensely.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3012698/?ref_=nv_sr_1

IMDB: A look at a seemingly placid New England town that is actually wrought with illicit affairs,

crime and tragedy, all told through the lens of Olive, whose wicked wit and harsh demeanor mask

a warm but troubled heart and staunch moral center. The story spans 25 years and focuses on Olive's

relationships with her husband, Henry, the good-hearted and kindly town pharmacist; their son, Christopher,

who resents his mother's approach to parenting; and other members of their community.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

Thepiratebay.cr

That seems more like the real thing. You can't click on "files" and see what they are, but maybe that is coming.

Try oldpiratebay.org ,great ive downloaded loads,use respected uploaders .

It - oldpiratebay.org - is blocked now - at least it is by my provider.

Thepiratebay.cr

That seems more like the real thing. You can't click on "files" and see what they are, but maybe that is coming.
Try oldpiratebay.org ,great ive downloaded loads,use respected uploaders .
It - oldpiratebay.org - is blocked now - at least it is by my provider.
still working on mine

Just watched a cracking feel good movie from the BBC called Marvellous.

One of those movies that can give you a giggle one moment and then bring a

tear to your eye the next.

IMDB: The life of Neil Baldwin, a man who has shrugged off his perceived limitations to live an incredible life.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3659786/?ref_=nv_sr_1

• Like 1

Just watched a cracking feel good movie from the BBC called Marvellous.

One of those movies that can give you a giggle one moment and then bring a

tear to your eye the next.

IMDB: The life of Neil Baldwin, a man who has shrugged off his perceived limitations to live an incredible life.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3659786/?ref_=nv_sr_1

must give it a go looks a1
  • Like 1

Entourage - The boys are back next year.

Just love Ari Gold.

The show or a movie? Either way, good news!

Never mind. I see that it is a movie after using Google. I'm guessing that was the new trailer that you posted above.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Just watched a decent little Aussie flick called The Mule.

I enjoyed this one. Thought Hugo Weaving was a riot.

Inspired by true events, The Mule tells the story of a naive man who is detained by federal police with lethal

narcotics hidden in his stomach. Alone and afraid, ‘the Mule’ makes a desperate choice; to defy his bodily functions

and withhold the evidence… literally. By doing so he becomes a 'human time bomb'; dragging cops, criminals and

concerned family into his impossible escapade.

• Like 1