What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Thanks, but I thought Amy 2015 was different doco.

Where is it available for a download? Can't see it on the usual sources.

KAT

Amy Winehouse in her own words

They are different. I thought the guys were talking about In her own words?

Amy Winehouse In Her Own Words arrives shortly before Amy, the forthcoming documentary film about the late singer, which opens in UK cinemas on July 3. The documentary film from the BAFTA-winning director of Senna promises "previously unheard tracks" and "extensive unseen archive footage" and is also billed as the story of the six-time Grammy-winner "in her own words".

Read more at http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/amy-winehouse-in-her-own-words-documentary-premier/381374#FlYXRO42tjutCVDG.99

KAT

Amy Winehouse In Her Own Words arrives shortly before Amy, the forthcoming documentary film about the late singer, which opens in UK cinemas on July 3. The documentary film from the BAFTA-winning director of Senna promises "previously unheard tracks" and "extensive unseen archive footage" and is also billed as the story of the six-time Grammy-winner "in her own words".

Read more at http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/amy-winehouse-in-her-own-words-documentary-premier/381374#FlYXRO42tjutCVDG.99

I'll ask my original question. Where is Amy 2015 available as a download? I have already seen the other Amy (in her own words).

KAT

I'll ask my original question. Where is Amy 2015 available as a download? I have already seen the other Amy (in her own words).

To avoid any more confusion, JHolmesJr and I were talking about Amy.

It's available on TPB under Amy.2015

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2870648/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

post-69328-0-73310800-1451304956_thumb.j

• Like 1

The Danish Girl was breathtaking!!

Brooklyn was ok,

The documentary Snow Chick, was outstanding!! Watch it show your kids it, no sad ending.

Stopped that Woody Allen one half way through, boring. Too over the top and too Woody Allen, time he got a sense of humour. Some of his films i have loved - but that one, no.

Am waiting with baited breath to be the first person to download the third part of that Agatha Christie series, in about an hour and half!! Just to see that Irish speciman topless again!!! Hopefully!!

The new series of American Crime looks promising.

Otherwise, nothing new on the series front until mid-January.

I did enjoy the Christmas last episode of Downton Abbey. And also Call the Midwives.

• Like 2

KAT

To avoid any more confusion, JHolmesJr and I were talking about Amy.

It's available on TPB under Amy.2015

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2870648/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

OK. Thanks

Edited by giddyup

Recommendation.........................thumbsup.gif

Another well worth watching movie recently watched is Sicario ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3397884/?ref_=nv_sr_1 )

Extract from IMDb:

"An idealistic FBI agent is enlisted by a government task force to aid in the escalating war against drugs at the border area between the U.S. and Mexico".

Emily Blunt and Josh Brolin play the parts well. Depending on your viewpoints on the war against drugs, not as far fetched as it may come across. If you can't eradicate, then control is the next best thing...........wink.png

Watch it at a cinema in Manilla because it was pouring down & nothing much else to do ...

Wished I'd have stayed outside, the script/acting/plot/cast was even wetter :(

2 out of 10 (on a good day)

Edited by JB300

Recommendation.........................thumbsup.gif

Another well worth watching movie recently watched is Sicario ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3397884/?ref_=nv_sr_1 )

Extract from IMDb:

"An idealistic FBI agent is enlisted by a government task force to aid in the escalating war against drugs at the border area between the U.S. and Mexico".

Emily Blunt and Josh Brolin play the parts well. Depending on your viewpoints on the war against drugs, not as far fetched as it may come across. If you can't eradicate, then control is the next best thing...........wink.png

Watch it at a cinema in Manilla because it was pouring down & nothing much else to do ...

Wished I'd have stayed outside, the script/acting/plot/cast was even wetter sad.png

2 out of 10 (on a good day)

7.9 om IMDB, I'd give it a 7.0.

• Like 1

Stopped that Woody Allen one half way through, boring. Too over the top and too Woody Allen, time he got a sense of humour. Some of his films i have loved - but that one, no.

Aye…The Danish Girl deserves best picture Oscar IMO….and with the world being taken over by bleeding heart liberals, it doesn't sound at all improbable that a film that gives voice to katoeys will win….having said that Id love to take a rough pattaya ladyboy in full make up, feathers and all, to this film and see what the lad thinks. It would be a hoot. In fact, I'd probably put on some make up and fake tits too, just to get in the moment.

Woody Allen…he's very funny but he needs to stop channelling his nervous jewish angst into everything he does….it was funny for a while but now it's just tedious.

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Like 1

Aye…The Danish Girl deserves best picture Oscar IMO….and with the world being taken over by bleeding heart liberals, it doesn't sound at all improbable that a film that gives voice to katoeys will win….having said that Id love to take a rough pattaya ladyboy in full make up, feathers and all, to this film and see what the lad thinks. It would be a hoot. In fact, I'd probably put on some make up and fake tits too, just to get in the moment.

Woody Allen…he's very funny but he needs to stop channelling his nervous jewish angst into everything he does….it was funny for a while but now it's just tedious.

The Danish Girl? Can't stand the male lead actor, and once I saw him in drag I wanted to puke, it couldn't hold my interest, so turned off after 15 minutes. Want to watch a decent transexual movie, watch "The Crying Game". Didn't know that the Woody Allen movie was supposed to be a comedy, certainly no belly laughs, but I really liked it.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

The 'tranny' element of the crying game ruined what could have been a good film!

Re Agatha Christie: I'm pleased that I worked out who the villain was as I was asleep for around half of the final episode :)

Edited by evadgib

Just watched ,"Nan," with Katherine Tate the first time I saw her I laughed, sorry but Nan is a one trick pony, just more of the same ,and far to much canned laughter

The canned laughter lead me to suspect that they hope to target a US audience.

I found it was best viewed as a series of sketches, a bit like Mr Bean.

Still open all hours , series 2 is out , same old same old , sorry Arkwright you were better .

doesnt work at all without Barker. Dumped it after 1 episode!

For nostalgia's sake, give it one more try.,.

You've got to love (& forgive) classic Barker humor...

Come on, it's Xmas [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

• Like 2

A couple of movies that were reasonably awful

Essex Boys Laws of Survival. The 20 minute rule was invoked for this one. Painful to watch.. no idea what happens in the end. Giddyup will probably tell me

Standup. This one got the 20 minute rule & the fast forward. Inanely stupid, if there can be such a thing

• Like 2

Just watched ,"Nan," with Katherine Tate the first time I saw her I laughed, sorry but Nan is a one trick pony, just more of the same ,and far to much canned laughter

The canned laughter lead me to suspect that they hope to target a US audience.

I found it was best viewed as a series of sketches, a bit like Mr Bean.

Yep, the canned laughter ruined it for me as well.

I only lasted 5 minutes.

• Like 1