What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

The Revenant

I can't say much about this one without spoilers, so I won't, except to say...this will be an all time classic of cinema, and clearly the best man vs. nature film ever made.

Some suspension of disbelief is called for, as it seems no one could survive in that environment, (not even Bear Grylls!) with the condition of the hero, severely physically wrecked.

Loved it. Film of the Year.

TEN Oh God, the grizz is coming back!

Yes, saw it after it was mentioned here earlier. Excellent, seriously intense and remarkable performance. To be honest, I'm not a fan of DiCaprio but this was certainly an exception to that rule. smile.png

• Like 2

Re: The Revenant

Leo was great in this one, but I've got to say Tom Hardy was outstanding in a very unsympathetic role. Does this guy ever take a break? Mad Max, Legend (Kray Bros.), Peaky Blinders, now this. One of the greats working today.

• Like 2

Saw this on the channel 4 player while checkin out Spin

Deutschland 83.... 8 part spy series.....first episode was a cracker.

Available on kat with hard subs. Original language is deutsch.

Great series about an already nearly forgotten era of Cold War history. The tension stays way up throughout. If you like this one, check out a recent classic film, The Lives of Others, a great story from the same period.

I remember many years ago having discussions with friends about whether Germany would ever be re-unified. The new millenium really started in '89 - 90 when the German people said ENOUGH! and sent the bankrupt Russians packing. When will we see that in Korea?

Answer, you wont. Unfortunatly North Koreans are a whole lot smarter than the east German regime were

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So smart that they are shunned by the rest of the world and have to live with embargos restricting imports of basic necessities, and who's population lives with fear and starvation. Oh yeah, real smart.

If you take a mo to read my post it was an answer to admittedly what could be veiwed as somewhat rhetoric a question, and the question being will 'we see' ie in our time and no i don't think in our time we will we see a united Korea. And yes I do think the north Koreans are 'smart'. Doing the right things ? That's a completely different thing. As i've said b4 conflicting opinions are fine and everyone's entitled to them and helps change the world, hopefully to a better. Place. Veiws that are Bigoted and ignorant are what stops the world improving and need changing.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Saw this on the channel 4 player while checkin out Spin

Deutschland 83.... 8 part spy series.....first episode was a cracker.

Available on kat with hard subs. Original language is deutsch.

Great series about an already nearly forgotten era of Cold War history. The tension stays way up throughout. If you like this one, check out a recent classic film, The Lives of Others, a great story from the same period.

I remember many years ago having discussions with friends about whether Germany would ever be re-unified. The new millenium really started in '89 - 90 when the German people said ENOUGH! and sent the bankrupt Russians packing. When will we see that in Korea?

Great 80s soundtrack too.

2 nd episode of the bbc's period drama 'war and peace' threatened at times to fizzle out a touch but didnt

seems the main criticism by the pundits is one of disappointment as to why the bbc choose to compress such a magnificently large novel into a

mini series. questions funding ,bbc set up ect. still great viewing overall IMO a credit to the bbc

'joy' led by Jennifer Lawrence and ably backed by de niro is a film based on a true story of a young put upon mother who takes her own financial

destiny in her hands invents a new product and against the odds and the system and bigotry and markets it . imo good movie .

'the throw away's' well the name summed it up for me, my fault for taking imdb as totally accurate, action movie story around hacking and set in eastern Europe poor to average,movie watchable but only just

• Like 1

Movie - Last Cab to Darwin

Came across this little Aussie gem the other day.

Summary: When Rex, a Broken Hill cab driver, is told he doesn't have long to live, he sets out on an epic journey

to Darwin in a bid to die on his own terms.

Thanks for the recommendation. This is a wonderful film, made for probably fewer $$$ than the catered commissary on any "BIG BUDGET BLOCKBUSTER!" Best indie I've seen since the 2010 Korean film, Poetry.

10-1/2

• Like 2

Movie - Last Cab to Darwin

Came across this little Aussie gem the other day.

Summary: When Rex, a Broken Hill cab driver, is told he doesn't have long to live, he sets out on an epic journey

to Darwin in a bid to die on his own terms.

Thanks for the recommendation. This is a wonderful film, made for probably fewer $$$ than the catered commissary on any "BIG BUDGET BLOCKBUSTER!" Best indie I've seen since the 2010 Korean film,

10-1/2

I agree, watched it last night. A decent story line, with some great acting, something a lot of the US blockbusters seem to be sadly lacking. Special effects alone do not a movie make.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

Foxcatcher (2014)

For some reason, it's taken me a long time to get to this one. The subject matter didn't seem too appealing. But then I saw Steve Carell's Oscar worthy performance in The Big Short, so wanted to see how he handled this role.

WOW! Talk about a creepy rich guy! Every time he's in a scene, especially later in the film when his dreams and expectations aren't being fulfilled, he made me extremely nervous! And the other two principal actors, Channing Tatum and Mark Ruffalo, were outstanding as the wrestling Schultz bros. We knew Ruffalo is always reliable, but I was very impressed by Mr. Tatum, who completely sells his hulking, troubled athlete persona.

A super tragedy on all counts, and a great film, but, according to the surviving Schultz brother, almost total fiction.

Steve Carell!. Can't see him returning any time soon to light comedy, although he's great at that, too.

TEN, and please leave Mrs. DuPont's horses alone.

• Like 1

45 years , Charlotte rampling and tom Courtney in a classy, evocative yet sometimes rambling tale of the build up to a couples 45 th anniversary party Excellent movie

'life', the story of the making of james deans famous life magazine photo essay, some strong performances and i liked this film.

• Like 2

https://torrentz.eu/0cbdceb49baec12a1c6830556c7efa4882e5935a

" Truth" Was released a few hours ago-- (or rather a decent copy of it) I don't know why they chose to make this in Australia, unless they got some big tax brake---- but haven't seen Redford act in quite a while---& it may be one of his last. So will give it a look Cate Blanchett, Robert Redford, Dennis Quaid

Newsroom drama detailing the 2004 CBS 60 Minutes report
investigating then-President George W. Bush's military service, and the
subsequent firestorm of criticism that cost anchor Dan Rather and producer
Mary Mapes their careers.

• Like 2

https://torrentz.eu/0cbdceb49baec12a1c6830556c7efa4882e5935a

" Truth" Was released a few hours ago-- (or rather a decent copy of it) I don't know why they chose to make this in Australia, unless they got some big tax brake---- but haven't seen Redford act in quite a while---& it may be one of his last. So will give it a look Cate Blanchett, Robert Redford, Dennis Quaid

Newsroom drama detailing the 2004 CBS 60 Minutes report

investigating then-President George W. Bush's military service, and the

subsequent firestorm of criticism that cost anchor Dan Rather and producer

Mary Mapes their careers.

You should see "A Walk In The Woods" Redford's last movie. Excellent.

• Like 2

The Story of the Hatton Garden Heist is on BBC IPlayer now that the trial has concluded.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06zdg9d/bad-dads-army-the-hatton-garden-heist

Thanks evadgid......I did miss this, & I'm really looking forward to seeing how a bunch of old age pensioners pull off the biggest robbery in England......

In case you do not have IPlayer..........

Download

https://torrentz.eu/df438db7965a6aee16bde00534495508ce2410a9

I would love to comment on the silly (Dam stupid) slip up that got them caught, but do not want to spoil it for those that don't know the full story.

Edited by oxo1947
  • Like 2

You should see "A Walk In The Woods" Redford's last movie. Excellent.---Giddyup

Thanks Giddyup, I didn't know about that movie....I was glob-trotting when that was released last year, so missed it completely.....coffee1.gif

A new series called Jericho,about the building of a viaduct in the north of England has started ,not bad,but I am amazed how many black people worked in Britain in the 1850s,lol and Dickensian ,never new the artfully dodger was a young black boy, why do they have to change history? And believe me I am in no way anti black people,

• Like 2