What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Alrighty, I'll fess up..I knew Lucifer wasn't a work of art, high drama, but really...just watched the latest episode, Sweet Kicks, and I think I'm done. The pretty pretty people thingy only carries me for a while, then reality of the nonsense sets in...I'm there.

Oh well it was fun while it lasted!

he is too camp.

ill buy the devil as a toff, but not a camp toff

• Like 1

well just stopped by to peruse the suggestions here as a do every few months and have added about 10 new series and movies to my "collections".

so thanks for the recommendations.

streaming has become so damn efficient lately and with the advent of trakt.tv and exodus its just too damn easy to binge.

i do wish lambda would add the ability to add watched at the season and entire series level though. I miss that aspect of library integration.

Edited by HooHaa
  • Like 1

Tv series - The Prosecutors

This is a 3 part series from the Beeb.

If you like this type of show, episode 1 was good.

Summary: The Crown Prosecution Service is often under scrutiny for its decision-making. Now for the first time the CPS has allowed cameras in. Filmed over 18 months with prosecutors in Merseyside, Cheshire and the South East, including the director of public prosecutions, Alison Saunders, this groundbreaking series goes behind the scenes to reveal how our criminal justice system really works and what it takes to secure a conviction. Each episode focuses on a different part of the process, following prosecutions and those involved in the case from start to finish.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b071gvs3

Thanks for that Will27----I do like that sort of production, & find it amazing how quickly they forget that the cameras are there & revert back to type.

Along with British crime---Last weeks Panorama was another eye opener---South London this time----corrupt police, the UK guys that go on about the Thai Boys in B ought to have a look----50 million baht worth of fake sunglasses sized then told to give them back, no prosecution ...... a million £1 hit taken out on high ranking police officer, called off after a tip lead them to the car and the sub-machine gun, things seem to be getting really heavy in some parts of Dart.

• Like 1

Summary: The Crown Prosecution Service is often under scrutiny for its decision-making. Now for the first time the CPS has allowed cameras in. Filmed over 18 months with prosecutors in Merseyside, Cheshire and the South East, including the director of public prosecutions, Alison Saunders, this groundbreaking series goes behind the scenes to reveal how our criminal justice system really works and what it takes to secure a conviction. Each episode focuses on a different part of the process, following prosecutions and those involved in the case from start to finish.

Thanks for that Will27----I do like that sort of production, & find it amazing how quickly they forget that the cameras are there & revert back to type.

Along with British crime---Last weeks Panorama was another eye opener---South London this time----corrupt police, the UK guys that go on about the Thai Boys in B ought to have a look----50 million baht worth of fake sunglasses sized then told to give them back, no prosecution ...... a million £1 hit taken out on high ranking police officer, called off after a tip lead them to the car and the sub-machine gun, things seem to be getting really heavy in some parts of Dart.

I saw that Panorama episode, scary stuff.

The copper who was pensioned off was treated terribly.

• Like 1

…. with the advent of trakt.tv and exodus its just too damn easy to binge.

Seen this in my settings…can you explain exactly what trakt tv does?

keeps track of everything you have seen or want to see, with collections or watchlists. integrates over genesis, kodi library, satls and a few other addons across all devices, so it syncs media players with iphone with android tablet or multiple kodi boxes around the house.

highly recommend you mark it private if you use it unless you want everyone to know how much tv you watch

• Like 1

disappointed with this weeks episodes of the night manager, lovely bac drops but a rather flat and dull plot especially given the previous episodes and jane the virgin seems to have stalled, what its telling is v well produced but is just not moving on. Better was better call saul, though i'm beginning to think its slightly losing balance by relying a touch much on strong characterization as opposed to an engaging plot. gotham seems to be having the same probs, same old tale with a new short term villain thrown in to appease. enjoyed vinyl, the plot just revs up and develops, the charecters get stronger and the visuals are engaging. that and 'girls' which was a surprising highlight, given i'de almost given up on the series.

topped totally by house of cards ending , just loved it, totally gripped the epitome of a leader reaching/ fearing the end of his 'natural' life as a leader, and using what ever is needed to keep or elongate their drip feed of power ie war i'm thinking Bush/ Blair iraq, thatcher with the Falklands, putin with the Ukraine no doubts there's more than a few more from the ,,, long live the power of the screen, perhaps a few will get a better idea of the real 'reasons' for many wars now,,,,, well perhaps notwhistling.gif

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

Sorry Rijit

i thought the 3rd episode of the night manager was great , thumbsup.gif

I agree 3rd episode was more to do with plot building

I am amazed how good Huge Laurie is in this as the baddie, usually associated with comedy he is very dark in this.

Future bond villain maybe?

Tom Hiddleston is a little bit to cool considering his predicament, makes it look to easy

• Like 2

[quote

I agree 3rd episode was more to do with plot building

I am amazed how good Huge Laurie is in this as the baddie, usually associated with comedy he is very dark in this.

Future bond villain maybe?

Tom Hiddleston is a little bit to cool considering his predicament, makes it look to easy

Loved the first two episodes it looked a rather different interesting quirky story being well told and in the third IMO it turned into a rather lame run of the mill tv drama, relying on a couple of decent ish performances by actors and a v decent back drop to get it through.

Maybe it'll redeem itself and develop, we'll see.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

Epsiodes 2 & 3 are available now.

• Like 1

Well here's my input for bubblegum documentary.

Abba was never quite as successful in the US as in Europe, but I was a fan, loved, and still love their music.

Just watched a great little documentary from the BBC, 'The Joy of Abba'

• Like 2

Abba was never quite as successful in the US as in Europe, but I was a fan, loved, and still love their music.

Thanks for that. They were huge in Australia.

Thanks for that. They were huge in Australia.

I got quite nostalgic after watching it, and suddenly craved Abba music, well I did have quite a teenage lust for Agnetha if truth were told.

Vevo has most of their music video's available. I've just had helluva musical hour long journey through my sordid youth LOL

• Like 1

Patsys back with her weeks viewing looky into's.

Happy Valley - getting better

Grantchester - getting better

Solace - now that was a good film with Anthony Hopkins and Colin Farrell - i enjoyed it. And not just for Anthony's smiles. Being Irish i rather like Colin.

Daddy's Home - it was fun

Back to the series -

All the ladies are quite funny on all the Real Housewives series. There is even a Melbourne one!! Survivor - now, that is getting interesting.

I am loving Vinyl, like the music.

And Bear Grylls is on again tonight. Or tomorrow. Doing his thang.

There is a new BBC drama called Thirteen, which you may like, about a girl who was locked up for 13 years. The first episode is on the usual, i hope it will be good. Most BBC dramas are.

Doctor Thorne - now that i loved. Written and directed by the same guy that did Downton. Can't go wrong.

I have to leave you now, got to watch Hells Kitchen!!

• Like 1

Patsys back with her weeks viewing looky into's.

Happy Valley - getting better

Grantchester - getting better

Solace - now that was a good film with Anthony Hopkins and Colin Farrell - i enjoyed it. And not just for Anthony's smiles. Being Irish i rather like Colin.

Daddy's Home - it was fun

Back to the series -

All the ladies are quite funny on all the Real Housewives series. There is even a Melbourne one!! Survivor - now, that is getting interesting.

I am loving Vinyl, like the music.

And Bear Grylls is on again tonight. Or tomorrow. Doing his thang.

There is a new BBC drama called Thirteen, which you may like, about a girl who was locked up for 13 years. The first episode is on the usual, i hope it will be good. Most BBC dramas are.

Doctor Thorne - now that i loved. Written and directed by the same guy that did Downton. Can't go wrong.

I have to leave you now, got to watch Hells Kitchen!!

Happy valley ,great

granchester ,good

Just downloaded 13 waiting for all 3 to watch in one go same with doctor Thorne ,

have you tried stag, 3 parter ,looks good ,waiting for the third episode to download .

'Hail ceaser is coming to cinemas soon Always look forward to a coen bro's production although i reckon they do 'serious' better than comedy, but that's just me, Set on a day in 1951 and shot mainly at warner bro's studio for which their studio universal i believe, must have abso loved paying for !!

Based around a Hollywood fixer ' not saying its based on a true story its not but. Eddie mannix the lead charecter actually was a Hollywood fixer!!. Great cast clooney feinnes silda twinton :D. Scarlet yohanson . Channing tatum, josh brolin. Might even go to the cinema to see this one,, well that is if it arrives here b4 a decent copy appears on the net.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

Brits, get your tissues out. Non Brits - you may not know about this. But it was the worst shoot out the UK has ever had, and changed their gun laws.

Dunblane - Our Story.

Survivors, parents, teachers and police officers talk about that terrible day. It's on the usual to download. I recommend it, even though i usually like uplifting TV. I still remember being glued to the news, on that day.

• Like 1

Watching the fourth series of Vikings,anyone else think its lost its way?

I sorta lost the plot after season 1, maybe halfway through season 2. I've done a few 'drop in's' after that, but could never re-kindle my enthusiasm from the the first season

just started to watch the bbc drama, for search purposes its thirteen not 13. A ,girl reappears after 13 years of being kidnapped, its been spun as a new take on crime drama,, funny cos my drama lecturer wrote something similar ??? years ago which we put it on but that's hardly relevant and in fairness i'm only 3/4 into the first episode, it was a late night early morning decision to watch it but so far IMO bulk standard average tv production with little or no imagination in its delivery , , with holes/weakness' in the plot to boot, some decent enuf performances by the actors,.so I'm hoping the writers cover the weakness's .in the forthcoming episodes. best not ask me the weakness's it might 'spoil ' it if they are included for dramatic purpose.

Edited by rijit

just started to watch the bbc drama, for search purposes its thirteen not 13. A ,girl reappears after 13 years of being kidnapped, its been spun as a new take on crime drama,, funny cos my drama lecturer wrote something similar ??? years ago which we put it on but that's hardly relevant and in fairness i'm only 3/4 into the first episode, it was a late night early morning decision to watch it but so far IMO bulk standard average tv production with little or no imagination in its delivery , , with holes/weakness' in the plot to boot, some decent enuf performances by the actors,.so I'm hoping the writers cover the weakness's .in the forthcoming episodes. best not ask me the weakness's it might 'spoil ' it if they are included for dramatic purpose.

No spoilers please , i am waiting till the 3 episodes end before watchingsmile.png try stag ,thats not bad , 3rd episode today .

Edited by i claudius