How to change from a non o to a non b?

You cannot change non immigrant visa categories without going out for a new visa.

If you actually have an extension of stay based upon marriage it would be possible to change it to one based upon working when your current extension is close to ending. You and your employer would have to supply all the required documents for the new extension including proof of a salary greater than the minimum salary.

It’s ok I’ll answer. If I change it’s free I don’t have to pay for the non b visa like I do for the marriage visa and also won’t have to do 90 day reports as my work would sort it out. Curious to know if I could change at ChanG watthana at end of my year marriage extension

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

8 minutes ago, stevymac said:

Curious to know if I could change at ChanG watthana at end of my year marriage extension

You could do the change at Chaeng Wattana if you living in Bangkok.

The fee for the extension is only 1900 baht. Your employer should be happy do the extension based upon marriage for you since it requires less paperwork for them to supply. They can still do 90 day reports for you.

Are you aware a extension based upon working ends on the date your job ends.

• Like 2

My wife is about to change from a non-O based on my retirement visa, to a non-B.

Once someone has a non-B, and a job with a work permit, what happens if you leave the job?

Can you continue to get extensions of the non-B even if you're not working?

:smile:

27 minutes ago, Tapster said:

Once someone has a non-B, and a job with a work permit, what happens if you leave the job?

Can you continue to get extensions of the non-B even if you're not working?

She could change back to an extension like she has now when her job ends. She would not have to leave the country for a new non-o visa.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tapster said:

Can people continue to get non-B extensions if they don't have a job at the time?

Extensions of stay based upon working end on the date the job ends. She would need a termination letter from her employer to have her extension canceled and apply for the new extension on the same day.

• Like 1

On 07/05/2018 at 8:05 PM, overherebc said:

That's the reason I was asking. Staying on the O means if the work ends no rush to change back again, just cancel WP and stay happy and relaxed.

Each to his own.

No, you don't get it, i think. Once your job end....your extension of stay  ends too so you have to leave the country.

I hope for you Ubonjoe will explain it to you better than I but the extansion of stay based on marriage is much better than the one on job.

I plan to change my non B  to a non O ASAP.

6 minutes ago, Rv Hawee said:

No, you don't get it, i think. Once your job end....your extension of stay  ends too so you have to leave the country.

He was saying the same thing. He wrote it as a non-o visa instead of extension based upon marriage.

Only an extension of stay based upon working ends on the date the job ends.

You can work and get a work permit with a non-o visa or extension of stay based upon marriage. Either one will not end when the job ends.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rv Hawee said:

@Ubonjoe : OK, I was mistaken. I think he was thinking the opposite. We sometime get confused with all these non-whatever or their name. Thank to clear it out.

For me the easiest way to look at it is, if you're doing 90 day reports you're on an extension of some kind. If you have to leave and re-enter every 90 days you have a multi entry visa.

One example of outside the above would be the O-A visa where for the first year you still do 90 day reports and for the second year you still do 90 day reports but if you leave and come back during that second year you need a re-entry permit to keep the second year valid.

At the time I got my Non O changed to B for teaching I was told it wasn't possible within Thailand and needed to go outside.  It was finally done in Bkk after being stuffed about in Penang embassy. I've learned that whatever you want,  and if you have time to waste just go and try with the correct paperwork. Anything is possible sometimes. 

6 minutes ago, stud858 said:

At the time I got my Non O changed to B for teaching I was told it wasn't possible within Thailand and needed to go outside.  It was finally done in Bkk after being stuffed about in Penang embassy. I've learned that whatever you want,  and if you have time to waste just go and try with the correct paperwork. Anything is possible sometimes. 

They wanted me to change my Non-O into a Non-B, but I preferred to keep my freedom. You never know how long an employment lasts, but you know exactly when your Non-O expires. 

• Like 1