Hitachi Frost Wash air con, any reviews?

bamboozled

Hi folks, I went to S and P to buy a Daikin or Misubishi air con (12,000 btu) and the salesman is trying to sell me on a Hitachi Frost Wash. I guess it's a new tech where every 200 hours the unit will cool down so low that ice forms on the whatevers and when it melts it washes away dust. Not sure it it's a gimmick or not but apart from that it has copper tubing in the radiator (instead of aluminum), stainless steel mesh in the blower (instead of plastic), metal covering the inverter (instead of plastic), etc... The guy did quite a job talking about it and the price is about the same as the Mitsubishi or Daikin. Oh, and it has a 10 year compressor warranty and 4 year blower warranty, much longer warranty than the other two. Anyone have any thing to say ye or ne about it?

Thank you.

Our A/C repair guy talked us out of getting a Hitachi. He told us that none of the 3 major supply warehouses of A/C parts in C.M. where all the guys go to get parts, stock any parts whatsoever for Hitachi. He said he had just worked on one at the time and that he had spent over an hour on the telephone trying to source parts in Bangkok. When he did find some, it took 3 days to arrive. Unacceptable in the hot season.

There is a reason why Mitsubishi, Daikin, etc. are popular in Thailand..... Parts are easy to get.

Thank you for the info. I will take a trip to Siam TV and see what the folks there want to sell me. It might sound stupid but the copper tubing and steel mesh did make an impression on me, compared to aluminum and the plastic mesh in the others. Which brand did you end up buying?

19 hours ago, bamboozled said:

Thank you for the info. I will take a trip to Siam TV and see what the folks there want to sell me. It might sound stupid but the copper tubing and steel mesh did make an impression on me, compared to aluminum and the plastic mesh in the others. Which brand did you end up buying?

Mitsubishi. 100% satisfied.

Archived