Corruption! Rural development fund officer suspected of fraud

webfact

12 hours ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Ain't primitive society great? No need for health care, public services, free education, absence of corruption, good law enforcement - they all belong in the stupid and inferior developed world, not here in the most advanced country in the world

They have free health care and education and the junta try clean up after red shirt we have never hear so much people caught on corruption as now and for the first time in a decade or more police start working too 

Thailand change 

16 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

And..how many other "officials" still retain their positions after being found guilty of theft?

Then again, in a land of incompetents, there are probably very few in the employment pool able to even slightly manage these roles.

Having tried over 5 years to find even half decent staff I can confirm that.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

They have free health care and education and the junta try clean up after red shirt we have never hear so much people caught on corruption as now and for the first time in a decade or more police start working too 

Thailand change 

Well, it's a view I suppose...

It isn't my view but I guess there's room for all.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Well, it's a view I suppose...

It isn't my view but I guess there's room for all.

Good that you are prepared to think that way.

Must admit though, in my 20 years of spending much of my life visiting/living in Thailand, there is a definite surge in the number of people being exposed in relation to corruption. Let's give some credit.

Maybe one day Thailand will become DEMOCRATIC. 

On 5/9/2018 at 9:38 AM, ChrisY1 said:

And..how many other "officials" still retain their positions after being found guilty of theft?

Then again, in a land of incompetents, there are probably very few in the employment pool able to even slightly manage these roles.

Lol true. Here it is quite normal after you steal you get transferred to another place the same job so you can steal some more

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, over2you said:

Good that you are prepared to think that way.

Must admit though, in my 20 years of spending much of my life visiting/living in Thailand, there is a definite surge in the number of people being exposed in relation to corruption. Let's give some credit.

Maybe one day Thailand will become DEMOCRATIC. 

One day? Perhaps, though I doubt I shall see it dawn. Or really want to. The way Thais foul things up, even democracy would probably not represent a significant challenge.

If ever stupid becomes an Olympic sport, Thailand will recover what glory it used to have in boxing, before they fouled that up as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

One day? Perhaps, though I doubt I shall see it dawn. Or really want to. The way Thais foul things up, even democracy would probably not represent a significant challenge.

If ever stupid becomes an Olympic sport, Thailand will recover what glory it used to have in boxing, before they fouled that up as well.

Yes. Sadly you have about nailed it there.

I have "associated" with quite a number of Thai Academics over 20 years. (Mostly female.) I never cease to be amazed at their lack of ability to accumulate knowledge , assess it and use it to progress anything. Common sense appears to be a very rare commodity here too. I'm not Thailand bashing. I'm being honest.

I choose to reside here because of the benefits the Country affords me. 

3 minutes ago, over2you said:

Yes. Sadly you have about nailed it there.

I have "associated" with quite a number of Thai Academics over 20 years. (Mostly female.) I never cease to be amazed at their lack of ability to accumulate knowledge , assess it and use it to progress anything. Common sense appears to be a very rare commodity here too. I'm not Thailand bashing. I'm being honest.

I choose to reside here because of the benefits the Country affords me. 

Then your experience accords very closely with mine. Very closely.

2 minutes ago, over2you said:

No. Corruption is being exposed more now and someone is perhaps trying to do something about it. 

Here we do not agree. In my estimation, somebody (Prayuth) is trying to create the impression that something useful is being done, but I am very sceptical. They are being very selective. When the nepotism and corruption which surrounds Prayuth himself starts being investigated, then I will concede that something useful is happening. Until then, it's all smoke and mirrors. The people aren't very hard to deceive, and this lot and their sponsors have had plenty of practice.

10 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Here we do not agree. In my estimation, somebody (Prayuth) is trying to create the impression that something useful is being done, but I am very sceptical. They are being very selective. When the nepotism and corruption which surrounds Prayuth himself starts being investigated, then I will concede that something useful is happening. Until then, it's all smoke and mirrors. The people aren't very hard to deceive, and this lot and their sponsors have had plenty of practice.

Point taken. But the most important thing that is happening is that corruption per say is getting an airing. Please believe me I am no lover of or believer in the present regime. But......

For Corruption to work successfully, and it can be a very lucrative system, all members must be "in on it". Anyone not wishing to be part of it is a massive danger. A potential "whistle-blower"

But bottom line is that it is so endemic in Thai Society and has been for so long.

Plus the fact that Thailand suffers from almost total lawlessness. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Don't hold your breath. 5555 

8 minutes ago, over2you said:

Point taken. But the most important thing that is happening is that corruption per say is getting an airing. Please believe me I am no lover of or believer in the present regime. But......

For Corruption to work successfully, and it can be a very lucrative system, all members must be "in on it". Anyone not wishing to be part of it is a massive danger. A potential "whistle-blower"

But bottom line is that it is so endemic in Thai Society and has been for so long.

Plus the fact that Thailand suffers from almost total lawlessness. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Don't hold your breath. 5555 

I don't intend to. More ways to skin a cat...

Edited by KiwiKiwi