Plan for medical marijuana farm in Bangkok unveiled

webfact

18 minutes ago, teatree said:

Until they realise how much money can be made legally and choose to legalise weed and give out licenses to themselves to grow and sell it.

Maybe they could use some of the money to pay the police a proper wage in the first place.

On 5/11/2018 at 8:47 AM, HooHaa said:

The most amusing, and simultaneously tragic, aspect of this story is that neither those quoted in the op nor those commenting on the thread have even the slightest clue what they are talking about.

To talk about finding a strain suitable to the environment is laughable in a medical marijuana context, as the grower creates and controls the environment specific to each strain.

The knowlege and technology is there, it just needs to be implemented. I poersonally know of a number of university students who are doing quite well producing quality product,, but rather than seek out these indiciduals, rhe government will likely engage some untalented neophyte to reinvent the wheel.

As for the munchies and pizza jokes, sigh.

Finally, allusions to Thai stick and local strains may have been relavent in the 70s and early 80s, but certainly dont hold a candle to the quality product available today.

I grew up amongst growers through my university years and now many of those criminals are very successful legitimate businessmen yet oddly havent changed their trade.

Tease!  Hook us up with the Thai Uni chronic, man!  :ph34r:

Edited by 55Jay
  • Haha 1

On 11/05/2018 at 8:47 AM, HooHaa said:

As for the munchies and pizza jokes, sigh.

You'd be fun to get stoned with I'm sure. :ph34r: Anyway, years and kg's of weed later, I'd say that pizza still tastes awesome. Nothing wrong with that. :stoner:

2 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

There was a weed festival at Fortune Town IT Mall, Bangkok, on 21st April this year. About 3 weeks ago. Looks like weed is becoming popular with students in Bangkok. Fingers crossed, eh!

Watch highland on Netflix.

“We will need a starting budget of between Bt10 million and Bt20 million as we will also have to buy a machine to get useful extracts from marijuana,” he said.

Why not buy a proven bamboo bong for 500 baht to get useful extracts.:stoner:

On 12/05/2018 at 11:02 PM, SABloke said:

You'd be fun to get stoned with I'm sure. :ph34r: Anyway, years and kg's of weed later, I'd say that pizza still tastes awesome. Nothing wrong with that. :stoner:

That whole comment, and the only thing worth remarking upon is the pizza remark?

On 13/05/2018 at 12:50 AM, coulson said:

Watch highland on Netflix.

Its an interesting watch.

The culture is, and always has been here. And at least there are a few people in thailand who understand.

As always though policy changes here are slow.

There are too many vested interests here still pushing crap thai compressed or puck weed which has always been readily available.

Anybody who actually manages to put together a quality product here soon feels the pressure as these vested interests push back.

On 5/11/2018 at 6:21 AM, missoura said:

I was thinking back about 40 years ago. If someone had said here is Thai weed or Canadian weed, I would have laughed. Everyone knows that pot doesn't come from Canada.

Funny how things change...

Where were you?

In the 70's, some of the highest quality weed in the world came from the northeast of Thailand called "Thai Sticks".

Look it up.....

On 5/11/2018 at 9:01 AM, zzidenn said:

im personally wondering what kind of extravagant machine is needed to process the mj.... 

Extractors, chillers, mantles, rotovap, short path distillation units, magnetic stirrer, beakers, filters, sivs, screens, capsules fillers

Just to name a few.

You could easily spend 100,000$ plus on a relatively small system.

OMG. no no no no no, it goes like this goobers:

(knock , knock)

"who is it"?

*"hey man it's Dave open up I got the stuff"

"WHO"??

*"DAVE, man come on open up I think the cops saw me come in here man open up"!!!!!

****silence****

(pounding on door)*"Come on man open up"!!!

"who is it"?

*"Dave man"!

"DAVE"?!?!?!??

*"Yeah man, DaVe"!!

(short pause)

"DAVES NOT HERE"

On a few of their albums, the one I own is

"still smokin'"

Carry on.....

Regards,

Pedro Depacas

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Happy Time Thai said:

OMG. no no no no no, it goes like this goobers:

(knock , knock)

"who is it"?

*"hey man it's Dave open up I got the stuff"

"WHO"??

*"DAVE, man come on open up I think the cops saw me come in here man open up"!!!!!

****silence****

(pounding on door)*"Come on man open up"!!!

"who is it"?

*"Dave man"!

"DAVE"?!?!?!??

*"Yeah man, DaVe"!!

(short pause)

"DAVES NOT HERE"

On a few of their albums, the one I own is

"still smokin'"

Carry on.....

Regards,

Pedro Depacas

Name That Tune:

"Now in the laid back California town, of sunny San Rafael, lived a GIIIRRLLL named Pearly Sweetcake.  You probably knew her well....."

• Haha 1