Custody / Legitimisation of unmarried couple kid

itsallmedia

My girlfriend is pregnant and we are on extremely rocky roads. She is threatening to run away and disappear before the baby is born. She is saying I will never see her and the baby again.

Since we aren't married - what options do I have or any recourse if possible? Is there anything I can do if she actually runs away?

I have reached out to some lawyers, but I'm waiting to hear back. I've sent her 100k and then 15k/mo since she has been pregnant, so hopefully that would help in court if I have any recourse and she will at-least be able to pay the hospital. 

• 2 weeks later...

100K is a lot of money, That can support 10+ people for over a year up-country, why on earth would you send that much? 15k per month is ok in Bangkok, too much in the Pattaya area and a ripoff everywhere else. I support my daughters grand parents and great grand parents, 4 people, with 4,000 baht per month (rural  up-country) and they are very grateful for it

First question: Do you feel confident that the child really is yours?

-- She is saying I will never see her and the baby again.

Evidence is king. Get evidence that she says that the child is yours and that she says that you will never see the child again, record, multiple times. No cash money, only transfer and keep evidence

-- Is there anything I can do if she actually runs away?

Not a problem if you have a copy of her ID card and good evidence that she confirms it is your child. Just take the issue to Juvenile court, you will eventually get legitimization and shared custody but DNA will be necessary if the mother refuses consent and it will take time. Appeals court is always less than a year away so don't get fooled to accept quick bad deals

Cutting money often works actually, I'd gather the evidence first though

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

I've been through all of this. What is amazing is that you would think she would have the common sense to know it was in her interest to make sure she doesn't end up a single mum. They don't. Reason is they have no concern of the child's wellbeing. She will be bored and wanting to get back to the "glamorous" bar life. She will leave the child with anyone in a heartbeat and send a few thousand baht home a month to take care of the child and keep the carer sweet. Everyone happy. DO NOT send her anymore money or try earning brownie points building your case as a responsible father. No one here cares. You giving her 100k was your first mistake. Thais have no concept of the future and she has enough money for the next few months. This will sound horrible but if I was you I would walk...no run away now before the child is born and you become attached. You are setting yourself up for a life of misery and she will use your love of the child to manipulate you and extract money from you for the rest of your life. It sounds like you are living OS and it is very possible in fact more than likely she has a Thai feller here somewhere and there is a good chance it is not your child. I never saw mine so much as look at another guy and believed all the "I don't like Thai man" crap....but they love Thai guys....they just don't have any money to support them. Mine was playing up with at least one guy in the village. I've lived in 3 villages now and each one of them had 2 or three Thai women who had farang guys living abroad and Thai boyfriends in the village when the farang was away. The other villagers seem to assign no shame to this in fact they consider her smart for doing so. Your probably keeping some lazy Somchai in cigarettes and whisky. They just can't be alone for 5 minutes hence the popularity of Facebook and the constant need for attention in Thailand. Please....run while you can

Archived