Bathroom "Grab Bars"

dddave

I'm not sure "Grab Bars" is the correct description but my bathroom floor gets pretty slippery, especially when there is soap film, for instance from rinsing shampoo and I'd like something solid to grab onto if I find myself slipping.  I see them in many hotels and I know Home Depot sells them in the US but does anybody know where they can be purchased in Bangkok?

Is there another term besides "Grab Bar?   I tried Lazada but no luck.

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Homepro? or some place like it?

Quick fix - Rubber bath mats.

Or, instead of installing 'grab bars' what about re-tiling and switching out to non-slip tiles ?

In the interests of brevity, I didn't tell the full story:  I am now in my 70's, a point in life where even a routine fall can prove to be life changing.  I do have non-slip mats on the floor but we all know that falls can sometimes happen in unexpected ways.  I have arthritis in both knees so my steps are sometimes a bit hesitant and shaky.  Having grab bars as a back-up seems a sensible 2nd line of defense.

I rent a condo.  The owners have no objections to me installing such things a grab bars but I doubt they'd be too pleased with my tearing up the bathroom floor.

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=shower+bar

More particular you want something like this:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/hequ-hot-sale-newest-25cm-stainless-steel-bath-shower-support-rail-accessibility-aid-grab-bar-handle-silver-intl-i100904125-s101006275.html

I wouldn't trust suction cups to not come off the moment I most need them..

Edited by Jdietz

I'm late 60s and have the same concerns...last year I slipped in my kitchen and broke my leg, neglected to clean up some chaindrite bug spray which is oily...if you do slip you'll find that it takes a split second to hit the deck and the grab bars won't be any help if you don't already have a grip...

an aluminum 'walker' can be had for cheap and you can take that into the shower with you if you have an 'open plan' arrangement...I've got rubber bath mats and I spray the floor with the bum spray and then use a squeegee when I finish my shower...I also got textured tiles but they don't help much if the floor is soapy or filmy...

I will be installing some too, need something to hang on

to while i wash the bottom of my feet,I understand the bathroom 

can be a dangerous place,maybe more to do with electrics,here,

but when you get on a bit, a fall can be serious.seen some in HomePro,

from 600 THB each and up.nice stainless steel .

regards Worgeordie

You will find those grab bars in all sanitary wholesale Shops like Boonthavorn, Grand Home Mart or DIY store like Home Pro. Best to avoid a slippery floor anyhow by dividing the bathroom into a "dry" - and "wet" area with a frameless glass shower door e.g. www.heiler-siam.com

Edited by Prince77

8 hours ago, YT3k72Em said:

There are many available at HomePro.  I installed one for getting in and out of the bathtub and I'm still young, but it's a big step and slippery surface. 

Yep.  Bought 2 today at the Ekkamai Gateway mall mini Home Pro.  They had a decent selection, short to long.

Thanks for all the helpful answers.