4 killed, two injured in Pattaya car crash

webfact

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Three men and a teenage boy have been killed and two others badly injured when their speeding car hit a bus stop before crashing into a concrete wall in Pattaya. 19-28 years

This seems very wrong to me - most Thai males do not become men I would suggest until about 50 up !

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Garbage.  Swifts have either a 3 or 4 star NCAP safety rating, depending on the specification, that's as good as, and better than, many others.

From https://uk.motor1.com/news/147092/suzuki-swift-ncap-safety-rating/...

Suzuki’s new Swift supermini has been awarded a three-star safety rating by Euro NCAP - unless you pay for extra kit, which earns it an extra star...

...If you opt for the radar brake support pack (price to be confirmed), this increases to 44%, giving the Swift an overall four out of five stars for safety. 

...the Swift generally performs well, achieving 83% in the adult occupancy test as standard and 75% for child occupants. NCAP has awarded the Swift 69% in pedestrian safety tests.

From http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/tips-and-advice/112490/euro-ncap-how-safe-my-car...

"...5 stars - Overall good performance in crash protection. Well equipped with robust crash protection.

4 stars - Overall good performance in crash protection. Additional crash avoidance technology may be present.
3 stars - Average to good occupant protection. Lacking crash avoidance technology.
2 stars - Nominal crash protection, but lacking crash avoidance technology.
1 star - Marginal crash protection.

Eek – my car only scored three out of five!

There's no need to panic. Modern cars are generally very safe, and a three-star car built in the past few years could be much better at protecting its occupants than a five-star car from the nineties.

In addition, a car can be marked down for design aspects other than simple crash protection and body strength. For example, a new model might lose points if it lacks a seatbelt warning alarm.

Realistically, the difference between a three-star and a five-star car won't necessarily protect you in an accident...".

each to their own - wouldn't touch one with a barge pole !!  depends on your budget but you're at the bottom end of the market so you get what you pay for !!

3 hours ago, essox essox said:

how.... and when will the BIB do anything about it???

Dont worry about the RTP or anybody else just look after yourself, family and passengers just like "Just1Voice "

Satan can have the rest

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:52 PM, Jen65 said:

each to their own - wouldn't touch one with a barge pole !!  depends on your budget but you're at the bottom end of the market so you get what you pay for !!

Obviously.  You wouldn't touch one because you don't know what you're talking about, what you get is a 3 or 4 star NCAP rated car.

On 5/14/2018 at 12:10 PM, Just1Voice said:

I insist - SERIOUSLY - seat belts for all car passengers, and good helmets on the motorbikes.  And only TWO on a bike

It will happen in the distant future , maybe year 2800.