Kota Bharu - Thai Consulate

I hear that consulate is pretty friendly.   Not sure if any extra funds have to exchange hands though to keep things friendly :coffee1:  Doesn't get much attention because you have to go through the "deep south" to get there. 

There is an agent on koh Samui that takes people there 2-3 times a week and supposed to be successful.  Not sure if it is 2 or 3 day trip. And I am unsure if you must go to Samui/Surat Thani first, or if you can meet him along the way. 

FYI, there is supposed to be regular coach bus service from Butterworth (Penang) to Kota Bharu. Unsure how long it takes.

Edited by 4evermaat

Sometime before I went to Penang for managing my visa. I have never ever had any problems there. Now Kota Bharu is far much closer than Penang. The embassy here is even friendlier and they really want to help you. Not many applicants, so the waiting time there is much shorter. 
Cons; no mobile copy in front of the embassy, you need to walk 2 minutes to the opposite side of the road. 
2, Kota Bharu is very boring.
Kota Bharu has acceptable hotels from 350 THB. 
The best way to go there is by train through Sungai Kolok (from Phatthalung could be 56 Baht) and direct bus to Kota Bharu 5 local money. 
The train travels through Deep South, but it is not usual to bomb trains and the train has travelling soldiers, checking everything  555. 

• Like 1