Japanese girl gets lost in BKK

amia

I’m a Japanese girl who has been lived in Bangkok for a few years, in late 30’s now. I had a boyfriend but we broke up for a year. Deeply I want to have kids and we all know there’s less men 

Usually I went out every Friday night with my friends, hang out in clubs from sukhumvit to sathorn area. It’s fun but exhausted at the same time.

Would it be a way to find a nice guy? 

Same as everyone,  I used was Tinder app because most of my friend used it. At the beginning I was enjoy swiping.

Unfortunately, I haven’t had much luck with Tinder, most of the guys I met are looking for one-night stand not a committed relationship.

Or they are use a fake profile. there’s a guy I chatted thru an app, he told me later that it’s not his real picture, even worse some stories he made them up OMG!

even though some of my friend was lucky enough to have a nice coffee date at Starbucks, still she is continue swiping to find her Mr.Right.

I talked to another guy about the app and he said it is full of ladyboys.

Paktor, another app that I accidently found on Google Play. Same as Tinder that I can swipe left or right to see more pictures. I found this app is Asian Tinder.

I met many locals in this app but very fews can speak English so we can’t communicate (My Thai is not that good yet, I’m still learning)

Still there’s some Japanese who lived in Bangkok but not many.  One thing that I like on app is I can send wink, gift to a person I like. Personally, I think it’s cute to start a conversation with these icons.

As a result, I’m not yet meet face-to-face with guys from the app, just some chats. The app itself is quite annoying, you can’t see who interested in you unless you pay for premium membership.

And even they have location based function, the app sent a guy in Phuket to me :P

Now I’m kind of scared and tired of free dating app after my failures. It’s all over with scammer, ladyboy, fake guy. Most of people on free dating app is looking for a hookup which is not my goal. 

I would like to have a family like my brother in Japan. He met his wife because our neighbour introduced his wife to him and they were seeing each other for a year and later got married.

It’s simple, comfortable and trustful because this neighbour is quite close to our family. She knew everyone in neighbourhood for long time including me and my brother.

I checked other 2 matchmaking companies on Google

Bangkokmatching, a Thai matchmaking company who has slogan Right partner - No divorce. I sent a line message to them asking for details and they replied at once by offering 2 paid services,

one is Database membership starting 6,000 THB/year and another one is Matchmaking Service starting 25,000 THB/package.

Then another message asking about personal information and who am I looking for, Thai, Foreigner or both.

Actually I expected someone to call me back to explain more about the service. But there’s NO call from them, so I called in the evening.

It’s a rough interview about personal information, my ideal boyfriend, specific request then she asked me to send 8-9 photos first.

She need all these info to check packages for me. Next day the girl called and offered me packages-

1. Single membership for 10,000 THB a year and additional 10,000 THB on each date they matched. there’s no guarantee. It’s a low priority service. I guess everything all comes with a price.

2. Matchmaking service for 3 months with 1 date at 12,000 THB - they will send profiles for a selection. No photos in the profile, can buy separately (1,500 THB for photo and 2,500 for introduction video)

3. Matchmaking service for 5 months with unlimited dates at 5x,xxx THB

Then she tried to get me an appointment in her office but it didn’t happen because I felt she didn’t care what I need, just tried to get me purchase a package.

She said “ You shouldn’t wait because women gets older and harder to find a good match. You should use buy a package and start now. Don’t come to see me later next year it'd be very difficult.”

Meetnlunch, the company presents across Asia in 5 countries Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong Malaysia and Indonesia. This is the only company that certified by the Matchmaking Institute, USA

I signed up on meetnlunch.com and there’s consultant called back to me asking about personal information, confirmed my single status and the most important thing, the expectation of my mr.right.

I was asked to book an appointment with a consultant so we can discuss more in details. She even asked what drink I would like to have from Starbucks…how thoughtful.  

Most of the time when I met a consultant, she’s focusing on my story starting with detail of my expectation. She also asked me more about my norms, lifestyle, family concerns and situation of latest relationship (actually the reason why we broke up).

And there’s a questionnaire to fill in so they can understand who am I which she explained it's beneficial when they do matchmaking for me.

After I talked to a consultant I felt I can trust them to find me mr.right and finally I chose the VIP Matchmaking service 12 months 6 dates at 6x,xxx THB.

Moreover, I took a self-improving sessions designed specially for singles called “Meetnlunch Academy” to brush up myself before I went out on a date.

I’m a shy person and don’t know how to act on a date. A coach solved this problem and guided me how and what should I talk on a date.

All of my efforts here, I took them as an investment for myself and a shortcut to my happy ending. My family d push me to get marry soon.

I do expect to meet decent guy and hope meetnlunch can help me find the right guy.

Well girl you have come to the wrong place if you are looking for a man to father kids.

Most members here are too ol and cannot get it up without out the aid of a little blue pill.

I am now awaiting for the attacks to begin.:cheesy::cheesy:

7 minutes ago, oxymoron said:

This must be a long winded advertisement in disguise!!

Agreed. Brand new poster, way too much information about the service, and no question asked.

If you want an ad, pay for it like everyone else.