Video: Bangkok bus drivers fight in the street as passengers watch

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, AsiaHand said:

I don't think that its about the money.I think that its just the Asian "Face" thing. And here in LOS it seems to stand out even more, along with the  Thai normal attitude of "Me First".

Strange that often Thai friends have been telling me that "me first" attitude is one of those things they don't like about white foreigners..

..Different points of view..

But i agree that a "face" rule infringement can be quite enough to trigger a fight, just as much as money, in this part of the world.

9 minutes ago, cookieqw said:

driving a public carrying bus wearing flip flops, says a lot for that company.

oh that's nothing, i use the bus quite a lot and it's fairly common for drivers to be watching tv as they drive. non of the passengers seem to care.

On 5/14/2018 at 8:52 PM, snoop1130 said:

There seemed to be a disagreement after one of the drivers tried to get ahead and pick up passengers.

Obviously a misunderstanding, this is how things roll on route 8.

• Haha 1

Please allow me to expand on the details of this story. It will explain logically why this situation occurred.

Route 8 is operated on behalf of BMTA by a private company called Sap888 Co. The individual bus crews are paid a percentage of their daily passenger revenue.

Have lots of pax on your designated bus  = lots of pay

Have few pax on your designated bus = pisspoor pay

It's really that simple. Competition for passengers is fierce, but why the company would set crews against each other is baffling. They have a monopoly on the route.

BMTA fined the two drivers 5000 baht each and suspended from driving 7 days. The two female conductors got off with a warning.

On 5/16/2018 at 8:36 AM, electric said:

Please allow me to expand on the details of this story. It will explain logically why this situation occurred.

Route 8 is operated on behalf of BMTA by a private company called Sap888 Co. The individual bus crews are paid a percentage of their daily passenger revenue.

Have lots of pax on your designated bus  = lots of pay

Have few pax on your designated bus = pisspoor pay

It's really that simple. Competition for passengers is fierce, but why the company would set crews against each other is baffling. They have a monopoly on the route.

BMTA fined the two drivers 5000 baht each and suspended from driving 7 days. The two female conductors got off with a warning.

It is the only way to get them to stop and actually pick up passengers in the first place.

On 5/15/2018 at 12:50 PM, watcharacters said:

Isn't that called a double "Vee"?     

I don't have a number pad on the lap so have to ask if you're serious about using alt plus the # 87.

Historically the U didn't exist in Latin script, V was substituted. 

And yes on a full keyboard ALT-87 is an uppercase W, alt-119 the lowercase. You can 'hammer out' a lot of characters that way. (0128 = € etc. etc.)

None of this will make busdrivers behave better or anyone in this forum care more :P

hb_23.160.52.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Latin_script

54 minutes ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

Surely a few passengers would break that up sooner.  

Yes, brilliant. Your words of wisdom are amazing.

Edited by HLover

On 5/20/2018 at 4:15 PM, HLover said:

On 5/20/2018 at 4:15 PM, HLover said:

Are you feeling okay? 

Where are your fascinating viewpoints? 

A bus full of passengers just let their drivers go at it until very slowly eventually stepping in,  they were letting a female bus conductor do it in the meantime.

I highly doubt that would happen in a western country.