Khaosod Unearths Dog Mass Grave At Govt Site

webfact

1 minute ago, oldlakey said:

You will have to ask the families of the deceased for an answer to that one

Highly unlikely that I'll contract rabies.  More likely to die from the aforementioned.  Relax a little.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

That would stop them being dug up and becoming dinner

Which is one of the problems with putting potentially diseased animals in a mass grave, leaving it open to scavengers.

The other risk with this method of disposal is that any disease that is present could get to the ground water, especially as we are coming into the rainy season. This is not specific to rabies, in fact rabies would be well down the list as it is only transmitted (through the saliva of the infected animal) from bite, break in the skin and through the eyes or mouth in the vast majority of cases.

The only thing in my view that would stop them burning the carcasses would be that they were trying to hide the facts that these animals died while in their facility.

1 minute ago, fanjita said:

Highly unlikely that I'll contract rabies.  More likely to die from the aforementioned.  Relax a little.  

I am at ease because I am fully clued up unlike yourself, look on the bright side at least you have learnt from this little exchange that cats also carry and spread rabies

• Sad 1

Just now, oldlakey said:

I am at ease because I am fully clued up unlike yourself, look on the bright side at least you have learnt from this little exchange that cats also carry and spread rabies

I'm not in the slightest bit concerned more than I was before.  You can kid yourself that I am in danger and I'll suggest that I'm not.  

You don't frighten me in the slightest with your scaremongering.  

Please, go and frighten someone else.  It's most unwelcome here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

Which is one of the problems with putting potentially diseased animals in a mass grave, leaving it open to scavengers.

The other risk with this method of disposal is that any disease that is present could get to the ground water, especially as we are coming into the rainy season. This is not specific to rabies, in fact rabies would be well down the list as it is only transmitted (through the saliva of the infected animal) from bite, break in the skin and through the eyes or mouth in the vast majority of cases.

The only thing in my view that would stop them burning the carcasses would be that they were trying to hide the facts that these animals died while in their facility.

I had more in mind the time the locals dug up the headless dogs and fired up the barbie

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, fanjita said:

I'm not in the slightest bit concerned more than I was before.  You can kid yourself that I am in danger and I'll suggest that I'm not.  

You don't frighten me in the slightest with your scaremongering.  

Please, go and frighten someone else.  It's most unwelcome here.

I have done nothing but state FACTS to rebut your misinformation

You can do with it what you like

As for you being in danger that will come from your own lack of knowledge, not from anything I have said

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Puccini said:

In my opinion, animal carcasses should be incinerated, not buried.

Not very energy efficient. The best idea I've seen is to compost the bodies and use the resulting soil for farming.