Video: Motorcycle taxi driver kicks German tourist in the face after he was given the finger

webfact

1 minute ago, GBW said:

The big, young German was smart, maybe he's been here before and knows how the (for want of a better word) system works..

Still no video of the alleged finger being given. Surely the motorcycle taxi driver would never lie about this no?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One Thai man is a coward with his reprehensible actions. The other Thai men help the expat. But most of the TVF bridgade loves to proclaim that the video confirms all thai men as evil and third world. Look at the video realistically and comment. Maybe you guys are blind or so deep in anger and hatred for all things thai that you can’t help yourself from posting. You have the right to do that but your misguided posts shows all of us your ignorance and backward way of thinking. Daily you can figure out everything about Thailand and Thai people. Except  you cannot figure out a way for you to leave  Thailand or a place for you to go. You guys preach to a very small jaded audience. Thailand and the rest of us would be better off without you. You are no different from the jaded motorbike taxi driver strumming out at the expat with his low opinions of expats and himself. 

8 hours ago, mercman24 said:

just air two of my favourite HATES< why do the ride with their indicators still on, too figgin lazy to cancel them, and the riding with no rear lights, and wonder why they get run over in the dark ,, grrr.

Good point the no rear lights at night is a new game they play . in connection with don't let the ambulance pass. as for the indicators its very easy to forget as you cannot see the green flashing light in the sun and there is no noise to tell you they are on . i have written to m/c companies asking why they cannot put a buzzer as standard fitting .. not had any replies. you can however buy them and get them fitted  

Police said that Mr Bruer had been stopped at the checkpoint but was found to be carrying only a German driving license and was given a ticket.

Last week Pattaya police announced they would be stopping tourists who did not have proper documentation while renting vehicles at the resort.

Isn't a German license all that a German tourist needs to ride a bike in Thailand?
They could get pernickety and want an "International drivers permit" as well..but normally any licence for the type of vehicle driven with photo and English language will suffice.

2 minutes ago, johng said:

Isn't a German license all that a German tourist needs to ride a bike in Thailand?
They could get pernickety and want an "International drivers permit" as well..but normally any licence for the type of vehicle driven with photo and English language will suffice.

I believe you need a international driving permit

5 minutes ago, HLover said:

Still no video of the alleged finger being given. Surely the motorcycle taxi driver would never lie about this no?

Yes, agreed, NO FINGER anywhere..........  I guess its just hearsay from number 31, who probably has his finger stuck up his back side most of the time.. 

My "motorcy win" informant tells me the German said the F word...which is same as middle finger salute....but I didnt hear him say it on the video...maybe he said it in German !

...Why does he deserve to be kicked in the face?

Everyone just fine with that?

In what kind of tourist destination is this okay?

Share this everywhere on socialmedia....simply not okay

Thailand has now become a place where it is completely fine to just kick foreigners in the face in broad daylight, as long as you are a local

2 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

An international driving permit allows you to drive, but not ride, you must also have a motor cycle permit. Apart from travel insurance loop holes, it is well advised to have both. Also, if you have lived here for more than 6 months, you are required to hold a Thai license. 

9 hours ago, mikebell said:

It amazes me that taxi drivers on 4 or 2 wheels get public service licences; they then drive without lights; break all manner of safe driving rules; are never apprehended by Pattaya Plod; get to indulge in all kinds of intimidating behaviour; do not use their meters against the laws of the land; besmirch Pattaya's reputation as a 'World Class Resort' and are never prosecuted.

Your comment lost any sense of credibility when you uttered the inanity .....'World Class Resort'' and Pattaya in the same sentence.

What type of German Licence? does it cover a motorcycle? Still a cowardly attack by the taxi guy kicking him unseen in the face, should have been locked up for that and heavy fine with compen paid to the german for assault, but hey this is LOS.

Good job he did not respond to the POS who kicked him as we know things would have gone even worse for him, and yes some of the Thai people there did do the right thing and stopped the altercation which is good.

...the Thai...the 'hosts'...bear no responsibility whatsoever.....???

...they sell...rent...lease...scam...misinform foreigners who believe the Thais...because they have no other choice..

...and then the foreigners alone bear the full brunt....nice system...for the locals only....

....wow...

...I guess lame excuses and wais are only to be used by the scores of Thais .....

....breaking the law several times a day...knowingly...

35 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

One Thai man is a coward with his reprehensible actions. The other Thai men help the expat. But most of the TVF bridgade loves to proclaim that the video confirms all thai men as evil and third world. Look at the video realistically and comment. Maybe you guys are blind or so deep in anger and hatred for all things thai that you can’t help yourself from posting. You have the right to do that but your misguided posts shows all of us your ignorance and backward way of thinking. Daily you can figure out everything about Thailand and Thai people. Except  you cannot figure out a way for you to leave  Thailand or a place for you to go. You guys preach to a very small jaded audience. Thailand and the rest of us would be better off without you. You are no different from the jaded motorbike taxi driver strumming out at the expat with his low opinions of expats and himself. 

Take it from someone who did figure away out of Thailand and left here years ago - kicking people in the face IS ACTUALLY deserving of complaint - or do YOU have nowhere else to go that you forget right from wrong and adapt third world standards?

10 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

14 minutes ago, johng said:

I just found the relevant Thai law, if the tourist comes from a country with a treaty with Thailand for the mutual acceptance of licences then the tourists home licence is accepted.  Any country who has signed either the Geneva or the Vienna Convention on Road Traffic has this treaty with Thailand.  They all signed to accept each others licences, some countries made reservations such as foreigners working as passenger vehicle drivers to require the local testing, but Thailand signed and ratified without reservation.  So, the German was legal, assuming his licence was for the bike he was riding.

Section 42-2
In case there’s a treaty between the Thai government and a foreign government regarding mutual acceptance of driver’s license, an alien who doesn’t have an immigrant visa may drive a motor vehicle with a driver’s license issued by such a foreign government, or an automobile association authorized by such a foreign government.

http://driving-in-thailand.com/motor-vehicle-act/#03

https://treaties.un.org/pages/ViewDetailsIII.aspx?src=TREATY&mtdsg_no=XI-B-19&chapter=11&Temp=mtdsg3&clang=_en

4 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

I just found the relevant Thai law, if the tourist comes from a country with a treaty with Thailand for the mutual acceptance of licences then the tourists home licence is accepted.  Any country who has signed either the Geneva or the Vienna Convention on Road Traffic has this treaty with Thailand.  They all signed to accept each others licences, some countries made reservations such as foreigners working as passenger vehicle drivers to require the local testing, but Thailand signed and ratified without reservation.  So, the German was legal, assuming his licence was for the bike he was riding.

http://driving-in-thailand.com/motor-vehicle-act/#03

https://treaties.un.org/pages/ViewDetailsIII.aspx?src=TREATY&mtdsg_no=XI-B-19&chapter=11&Temp=mtdsg3&clang=_en

This is true, problem is it voids any insurance claim. I have used this doc several times and walked but the insurance problem doesn't go away. The way to deal with it is have rental businesses obtain insurance for farang and charge a hefty surcharge so they make money like the car rental places in the states.

Hypothetically speaking, what would happen if the German guy got up from getting kicked in the face, and broke the moto taxi drivers jaw?

Let's say that other Thai men didn't jump in (unbelievable, but humour me). Would the German be the one in trouble?

Considering the 'sucker punch', I would have pressed charges.  This keeps happening because there are no consequences.  Plus Thai public sentiment is for the lowlife who kicked the German in the face while he wasn't looking.  My wife is 100% on the side of the Thai kicking him in the face.  And that is why this won't change either.  It's ingrained into the Thai culture.  Underneath the surface there is a lot of hate for non-Thais by Thais.
So anyone coming here?  Forwarded is fore-armed.  It was a police issue that should have been solely handles by the police, but the motorcycle taxi driver 'got mad' at the foreigner, so it's all right to cowardly, and I repeat, cowardly assault the German by kicking him in the face while he wasn't looking  <head shake>  The childlike, cowardly behavior of Thais never fails to amaze me. 

Another disgusting Thai taxi scum !

But why should the taxi cheat bother ? He can freely assault tourists who bring money to his country and get away with a miserable fine, a waï in the press ?....wonderful image for Thailand that deserves to go online worldwide.

The authorities apparently do not care if a tourist is assaulted by a local, as there are enough chinese comming in with their cash ? The german should expose the issue once he is back home, in the german media.

1 hour ago, Anotify said:

Real coward was ready to double strike wirh his knee.how fk brave is that ? Not unusual here i must say .

Should have been tested for dope .

Tested? he is a farcannn dope!  

I hope the Video is shared widely to warn everyone of the situation in Pattaya. Overcharging Motorbike Taxis and normal Taxis never using any meter and often are not even are flitted with a meter.

As for the incident I was told that the conversation indicates that tge guy has a licence (international) but it was not accepted by the police officer.

The German guy disagrees with locking his bike and asks for a ticket.

Then the "Motorbike-Taxi-Hero" thought it is a good day to kick a tourist in the face since he is angry.

Great Advertising as a Tourist Destination!

Yawn...still no proof the German tourist extended his (ghasp) middle finger at the chosen Thai motorcycle taxi driver.

So....a daylight kick to the face is received.

Seems a bit harsh.

More importantly, no TVF members have invoked the 'Das Boot' reference to this incident.

"Das tourist meets das sandle"

"Das boot was a foot to das face"

Ect...

Everyone should start sending links to these videos and news articles to TAT.

Let's see what happens then. 

Oh I know what would happen...  you would be charged with harming the reputation of Thailand and deported.

9 hours ago, Wake Up said:

I see what looks like some Arab tourists, not Thai, trying to help the German lift his bike up, to which a Thai guy pushes them away. 

Then Thai guys pull the German away from the Thai that kicked him in the face - not really helping, they still need to get his money for taking him to the police station. Can't do that if he gets beaten to death.

One jokes in a sarcastic voice about respecting tourists... another sniggers.

Archived