Depressed and alone - former US Navy man slashes his neck with box cutters in Pattaya bathroom

webfact

16 hours ago, Momoflots said:

According to sources, she was very upset that he was not giving her the $$ she was wanting anymore! 

Sources?  Then provide a link ! 

Better go to a poorer country if you are single, hard to be depressed when people have so much less than you and they are still happy. Nepal, India, Bangladesh, Philippines, at least they speak English and you will have someone to talk to.

Pattaya, Hua Hin are completely soulless places.  I don't understand why expats gravitate there.

On 5/17/2018 at 4:15 PM, Nemises said:

You know, I think suicide is more about having no money than loneliness. 

Agree, not good being alone, but if you have money there’s always someone to take good care of you and things for you to do...

RIP Sir. 

Having no money and your honey disappeared is the usual way here. No woman is interested in a poor Farang, except the one who just recently posted that Gogo girls pay him for sex. ?

4 hours ago, Happy enough said:

if you honestly feel like that then really why stay here?

Just visiting.  So many incidents this trip. For example today i was at the gym and ask them to turn off the loud dance music, i've been to the this place many times over the years, i recognize the staff as they do me. No respect, first they just turned it down, after 10 minutes i ask again to please turn it off, they turned it off for about 20 minutes then back on full volume again. Just rude, actually hateful. Then one women gives me the stink eye when i was leaving. Like just don't come here again. Something like this happens on average of every few days.

Depression can hit you anywhere , Pattaya is not better or worse than other places, it's a ll about how you live your life in general . 

I would imagine also this is a city with heavy drinkers and combined with broken relationships it can be a sad place to liive.

Sometimes I feel I am the only one who never drinks ,  only red wine and a small beer once a week .  Regular exercise , and keep your brain active can get you out of depressions. I speak of experience. 

Edited by balo
  • Like 2

A personal attack and some off topic removed. Please stay on topic:

Depressed and alone - former US Navy man slashes his neck with box cutters in Pattaya bathroom

On 5/17/2018 at 10:10 AM, Thaiwrath said:

I would love to see some statistics, from a reliable source, to back up your ridiculous 'proven fact'.

I love my freedom of living alone, am never lonely, and have met, literally, hundreds of farangs over the years, who would have been mentally healthier, had they left their stressful relationship here. Unfortunately, many westerners come here without the trait of being able to live alone, end up investing all their funds on a disastrous relationship, and don't live happily ever after, but spend the rest of their life in a sad state.

I would tend to agree with you. There is no established formula. Living with someone who is kind, loving, supportive and fun to be around is great for some of us, who are fortunate enough to have found that quality of relationship. But for others, living alone can be just as fulfilling. It is all about lifestyle, passion, and creativity. Relationships are not for everyone, and I would never impose that belief on anyone. And I think that anyone who tries, is rather small minded. The majority of people I know who are in relationships, do not appear to be fulfilled, and I would go so far as to say that most do not seem to make each other better versions of themselves, which is one of my criteria for a great, healthy, vibrant, and dynamic relationship. 

Then there is the economic side of things. For many single men, living alone means a far higher quality of life. I always say having a relationship here costs more than double, as you end up doing things for your woman, that you might not do on your own. Not to mention her family. So, it just depends on the individual. The single guys are able to travel as they please, do as they please, and not have to style their lives around another. Saying otherwise, is a bit like saying "truth is not truth", or religion is absolutely necessary for fulfillment, or my diet is healthier than your diet. All subjective nonsense. 

Some guys, who are emotionally healthy, are fine on their own. Some need a women in their lives, or they are unfulfilled. But every case is different. Look at Anthony Bourdain. He had a lovely wife, an 11 year old daughter, a successful TV show earning him big bucks, was at the peak of his career, was well respected, and very well liked, had $16 million on the bank, and still took his own life. Fortunately most of us will never know the depths of depression or desperation one has to sink to, to take ones own life.

I doubt if this guy would have done any differently if he were in a relationship. If he were on the correct meds, maybe. But a relationship alone? Doubt it. 

Edited by spidermike007