Where’s the bloody Vegemite in CM?

Kunjay

1 hour ago, Panda13 said:

I'll find you Vegemite if you find me some Golden Syrup.

Is this what you want? 500ml jars 130baht each

010 Golden Syrup.JPG

Edited by Russell17au
  • Thanks 1

May i recommend Heinz ketchup, an all-American product but a world-wide eating pleasure in place of those foul, smelly and way too salty, sticky pastes?

Ketchup on toast.

That's really going to catch on.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Vegemite our poor mans caviar 

thanks, you really made my day, especially with the happy little vegemites.  However, I must say I am disappointed with Oprah liking it.  I much prefer the 'its disgusting' comments because that means there is more for us connoisseurs.  

The poster promoting Ketchup???  There is a serious problem there.

Coincidentally I am right now enjoying vegemite on a nice fresh french stick for lunch while catching up with the TV.com news.  I was really hoping they might have some more of those "Why do airplanes have wings?" type posts.  They really help my arvo nap!

18 hours ago, chingmai331 said:

May i recommend Heinz ketchup, an all-American product but a world-wide eating pleasure in place of those foul, smelly and way too salty, sticky pastes?

Forget about this Vegemite, Marmite and Bovril crap and get yourself a slice of a good Bega Tasty cheese on a slice of bread and cover it with Sweet Mustard Pickles (Picalilli)

001 Sweet Mustard Pickles.JPG

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

How much did you pay for the Bovril ?, if you don’t mind me asking, I’ve not seen it in Thailand and bring 4 back from Uk .

Sorry, I just noticed it on the shelf (I didn't buy it- I just noted how many they had in stock), and I had read this thread in the morning before going to the market- I have no idea how much it was.

Edited by flare
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

thanks, you really made my day, especially with the happy little vegemites.  However, I must say I am disappointed with Oprah liking it.  I much prefer the 'its disgusting' comments because that means there is more for us connoisseurs.  

The poster promoting Ketchup???  There is a serious problem there.

Coincidentally I am right now enjoying vegemite on a nice fresh french stick for lunch while catching up with the TV.com news.  I was really hoping they might have some more of those "Why do airplanes have wings?" type posts.  They really help my arvo nap!

:stoner:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Tops online sell vegemite at 169 baht for a 220g jar. And if you buy 7 of more jars you then qualify for free delivery.....!

I've been experimenting with Vegemite wine. Looks promising. Fermenting nicely.

Lazada; free delivery!

17 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

I’m American and like Vegemite.  Good on you OZ!

Ahh crawl all you like, we still dont like you hahaha!!

Seriously though it is one of those things you really love or really hate (bit like anal sex I guess).

• Haha 2

Was in Tops in Udon Thani last week, no vegemite. In Tops today Khon Kaen and none either. Have about 1/2 a jar left at home so will have to try Tops online. Hopefully they deliver to Udon Thani otherwise I’ll have the withdrawal symptoms son at breakky time ? 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

Was in Tops in Udon Thani last week, no vegemite. In Tops today Khon Kaen and none either. Have about 1/2 a jar left at home so will have to try Tops online. Hopefully they deliver to Udon Thani otherwise I’ll have the withdrawal symptoms son at breakky time ? 

I have spoken to the Australian Embassy in Bangkok on several occasions suggesting an Emergency Vegemite Hotline be set up so emergency supplies could be airlifted to expats suffering withdrawals anywhere in Thailand.......but they refuse to share (bloody public servants).

Have you tried Villars in Udon??  Nice lady there even took our phone number last time they ran out and rang us when new supplies arrived.  One problem in Udon is that a lot of expats living in Laos come down from time to time and clear out the shelves of Vegemite she said,  Apart from that I have an old mate in Bangkok who sometimes sends it up by armoured car lol!!

• Haha 2

There used to be a Vegemite and a Cheesy Vegemite but a Bloody Vegemite!!!!!!!

Maybe the bloody Vegemite is the one that is the last one on the shelf and there are about 4 Aussie wanting it at the same time.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Tongjaw said:

Well same in Buriram no vegemite in Big C or Tops only the other marimite and no one can say when its back on the shelfs got a mate going to OZ next month so will get some for me

20 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Is this what you want? 500ml jars 130baht each

010 Golden Syrup.JPG

Yes. How can I get some? Im in Phuket for a while and there seem to be nowhere to buy it. Thanks just for the photo. It looks delicious.

23 hours ago, jgarbo said:

Check out the sludge traps at the local abattoir. It's free. Tastes the same.  

Have you ever worked AT A Local abattoir.

Sorry to say this is Not  the same 

I have ,so i can remember the smell