Download Quantity

monty

Anybody keep track of how much data they transfer on a monthly basis?

There seems to be an enormous discontent with the adsl providers in Thailand.

I've been using IPTV for some time now and find it to be very reliable and stable. It only slows down very seldom, and mostly this can be solved by logging onto a different server.

The only drawback is the limit on data volume. The 1500 Baht/month package gives you 750 Mb. Anything over is billed at 2.5 Baht/Mb.

I'm a pretty heavy user and I don't seem to go over 1000 Mb/month. Pricewise this still compares favourably to most ADSL providers.

Just curious why not many people seem to try this system...

Monty

hi'

I use DU meter which have a counter by day/week/month, and I quite never go over 600mb a month.

I'm still using a dial-up modem so with this speed this is sure that I download less than if I had a high-speed line, but still to go over 1gb/month seems to me quite a lot already, except if you download movies and music, which seems to be the case of a lot of adsl users, high-speed line give you so much more time to read, discover pages and so on ...

so, may be 1gb/month is a real limit for "downloaders", but for a single internet use, it might be enough.

anyway, I don't like so much limitation, so if the adsl provider gives no limit, this deal looks better to me, but then depends of the speed you "really" get.

if you pay for a 256k, you should get a minimum of 200k if not I find that it's a waste of money. TT&T said it could go down to 64 if too many users at the same time, shared lines, this is not real adsl!

if you have a 64k, 50% of the time, why do you pay adsl?

for so much less money you have a constant 50.6k, or at least a good 45k :o

monty you may be right with IPTV, at least you are the only user of the line :D

might be a lot more interesting than adsl for the moment.

my own humble opinion :D

francois

if you pay for a 256k, you should get a minimum of 200k if not I find that it's a waste of money. TT&T said it could go down to 64 if too many users at the same time, shared lines, this is not real adsl!

if you have a 64k, 50% of the time, why do you pay adsl?

for so much less money you have a constant 50.6k, or at least a good 45k :o

This is what I told TT&T and CMNet. There has to be a high minimum or else its all just bull%hit. It can't drop down to 40k when there are many users.

But they just don't get it. First they point to the fact that if you test at tttbroadband.com, you get 200k plus all the time.

SO WHAT? ITS TESTING DOMESTIC SPEED! WHO CARES? But that doesn't sink in...

Then they tell you that when there is heavy usage, it can sometimes slow down and you ask them why they didn't mention this before and they tell you they'll try to fix it. And they don't.

Outside of BKK, DSL is a dream...

I transfer about 600mb a week... I don't have real DSL, so that is not a result of watching live TV or downloading movies.