"I was just helping the cops out" says motorcycle taxi guy who kicked tourist in the face

webfact

5 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Take his taxi licence for 3 months, see if that has an effect !!

Taxi licence??? They pay a day rate for a jacket. They pay the win captain. He then pays the collector who in turn passes it on to the local godfather (usually a senior police officer, military officer or politician) who 'owns' the win. Licence? This is not Western Europe.

You do know this is Thailand don't you?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, just another typical Thai <deleted>-wit reaction. I try not to tar them all with the same brush (Thai men) but it is increasingly difficult to do when the amount of thuggish, incomprehensibly stupid and ignorant acts one witnesses (vicariously or first hand) reaches a certain level. 

Thai Worzel Gummidge here wouldn't have said or done anything if he wasn't surrounded by his scumbag motorbike taxi mates, why he felt he needed to get involved in the first place is beyond me....oh wait, the Kraut allegedly flipped him off, so like a petulant 9 year old he kicked Herr Bauer in the face when he was preoccupied. Seriously, calling any of these neanderthals in the video 'men' is difficult to do with a straight face. The only thing that would offset / vindicate their stupid and thuggish reaction a wee bit, is the fact that Mr.Bauer here shouldn't have acted the way he did. Frustrating though it undoubtedly would be, dealing with an impounded bike in that manner - in a place like Pattaya - is never gonna work out well.

5 hours ago, lanista said:

If a foreign tourist rode a bike without a  valid licence in Australia and raised a fist at the cops he would be in more trouble than this German.

If it happened in USA no doubt he'd be lying on a slab in the morgue riddled with bullet holes.

That  Thai motor cycle punk is nothing.   IQ of 60 at best.

The German was lucky there wasnt a serious Thai punk  in proximity , most of whom carry knives in their fanny pack or  shoulder bag'

The motorcycle/samlor,jet ski  guys and cops are  buddies.

Tourists dont know this.

What a beautiful,wonderful and totally thrilling description of a tourist holiday in Asia..

6 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

500, 1000, doesn't really matter as it's hardly a deterrent..

Take his taxi licence for 3 months, see if that has an effect !!

Better tourist can kick him in the face. Then 1 year jail. Loose liecence for life

1 hour ago, masuk said:

Do Thai visitors/tourists require an International Driving Licence before renting a bike?   Surely the M/B renters would ask to see the licence before renting  if this is the case.

On my one and only visit to Phuket last year, I saw a great many foreign tourists on bikes being stopped and asked for papers.  Obviously a good source of income.

Yes they do but the rental shops in my experience have never asked to see one, only a copy of your passport. 

Last time I was stopped last year in Pattaya there were actually Motorbike taxi drivers being fined on the Police Station too for allowing passengers to not wear helmets. I thought that was a first but without doubt foreigners get targeted more and are easy pickings. 

2 hours ago, HLover said:

Although the German was confrontational, he did not deserve Das Boot to the face.

Right...But if we had only what we deserve in life it would be too good, :smile:

And allow me to add that as soon as there is confrontation this notion disappears totally. It's sad but humans are like that ... In fact  most often:cool:

I was just wandering about this scenario

Ok they locked the bike up waiting for the hire company

He got a ticket which he had to pay

So since he was outside a Police Station couldn't he of just went in & paid (or will they bail him up at Immi exit if he didn't )

Then just walk off leaving the bike (but he wouldn't of known about the 2000 bht fine for the hire company), which he shouldn't have to pay anyway. & tell hire company your bike is at the cop shop

2 minutes ago, sead said:

Did they really fine him 500 bht for a kick to the head.

I got 50, 000 in  pocket. Im going to kick every fracking person in the head tonight

How very grown up and tough of you. 

3 minutes ago, sead said:

Did they really fine him 500 bht for a kick to the head.

I got 50, 000 in  pocket. Im going to kick every fracking person in the head tonight

Live fast.Die young.

But please,no ladyboys as your kicking career would be over before it really started.:smile:

Kicking someone in the face who is not threatening you, or anyone else, or even looking at you is a cowardly act. If a German had kicked a Thai in the face in Germany under similar circumstances he would be on his way to the slammer.

Taxi guy could not tolerate bad behavior so he lick the poor tourist on the face. What kind of behavior was he portraying. Land of lunatics here all around , take his license away for 6 months no work will learn proper behavior. Brain Sick people 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

"I couldn't tolerate that kind of bad behavior so I kicked and punched him. I regret it now"

So if another German guy reads about this head kicking motorbike taxi and "can not tolerate that kind of bad behavior" and decides to shoot him dead, it is perfectly ok by Thai logic?

6 hours ago, smedly said:

try asking them what a 1km fare should be and see were that gets you

it should be 25baht but they will say anything from 40-60baht

time for Grab to be fully operating in Pattaya - that should shut them up

Exactly !! They never ever respect the maximum fare per distance that has been written in the law lately I remember seeing that last year 

1 minute ago, smtsetup said:

So if another German guy reads about this head kicking motorbike taxi and "can not tolerate that kind of bad behavior" and decides to shoot him dead, it is perfectly ok by Thai logic?

Thais average IQ is 82 so no thought process involved basic instincts only slightly above ape’s brain power!

I  suggest one of us hires this particular moto taxi driver to take us to some secluded place on the dark side and challenge him to a proper one on one fight using the  Marquess of Queensberry Rules.

Let's see how that works out for him.

1 minute ago, cedel said:

82 is way too much ! 

Very close to moron/ imbecile Some US states will not execute if proven that death row prisoner has an IQ lower than 73 classified an imbecile 

BULLSH*T..... Bike taxi kicks a foreign national in the face and gets fined 500bht.
Tourist gets a 400bht fine just to release a locked bike.

Thailand people rented tourist the bike.

Thailand people profited from tourist.

Thailand police should be HARDER on the Thai citizen that kicked a foreign tourist in the face.

The bike taxi man is NOT a cop, it is NOT his job to decide who to kick.

NEW HEADLINE TO SHARE TO THE WORLD....

"THAILAND KICKS TOURISTS IN THE FACE AND THE COPS ALLOW IT"

Disgraceful!, 

I read this story on a German website in German language; guess how good that will go down on tourism. The license checking remains the duty of the company renting out the bikes as an EU license is valid in many non-European countries. A Thai license is valid in all ASEAN countries except Vietnam (for whatever reason), so it might be really easier for the bike rental to set the record straight.

Anyhow, good news for tourism - again! 

3 minutes ago, TheMacMan said:

BULLSH*T..... Bike taxi kicks a foreign national in the face and gets fined 500bht.
Tourist gets a 400bht fine just to release a locked bike.

Thailand people rented tourist the bike.

Thailand people profited from tourist.

Thailand police should be HARDER on the Thai citizen that kicked a foreign tourist in the face.

The bike taxi man is NOT a cop, it is NOT his job to decide who to kick.

NEW HEADLINE TO SHARE TO THE WORLD....

"THAILAND KICKS TOURISTS IN THE FACE AND THE COPS ALLOW IT"

Disgraceful!, 

Don’t disagree, but PIPE DREAM I am afraid.

Archived