Really? Snowy?

WonderfulDay

Guess you mean Snowy Weizen? It's wheat beer, so can't be directly compared to the regular stuff. Brewed by Singha, part of their Est 33 range. Singha Copper is another, it's quite nice - though only had it on draft.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Guess you mean Snowy Weizen? It's wheat beer, so can't be directly compared to the regular stuff. Brewed by Singha, part of their Est 33 range. Singha Copper is another, it's quite nice - though only had it on draft.  

Now loads of beerbrewers in Europe also make white beer cause it's so popular. 

In Tops they sell whitebeer from Denmark now in 1l cans for 200 baht..they are good! There's also another good german whitebeer in those large cans for 200.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thian said:

Now loads of beerbrewers in Europe also make white beer cause it's so popular. 

In Tops they sell whitebeer from Denmark now in 1l cans for 200 baht..they are good! There's also another good german whitebeer in those large cans for 200.

What is "white beer"?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Weissbier is a refreshing warm weather drink.  It is slightly lower in alcohol; a totally different taste as if it had some lemonade mixed in.  It will be slightly murky as the brewing process is different.

Personally, I'm pleased to see different beers arriving.  Although this is by no means a Schneiderweiss, it is a step in the right direction.

Try it.

ITS ACTUALLY VERY GOOD and feedback has been very good also to the point Singha had to increase production due to demand and at 59 baht for a can in 7-11 its also a cheaper option to the imported ones 

If you expect a weizen to be like a "normal" beer then you are going to be disappointed. Made from different ingredients, i.e. wheat or rye, so the taste and look is unique.

Not everyone cup of tea so to speak, I much preffered a normal German beer to Weizen anyday, but that is just my personal taste.

Why not give it a try like the younger kids did in Bavaria, try a "Grune Weizen" (Weizen with Bols peppermint ) or a Cola Weizen?

Snowy Weizen not a bad beer but must be poured into a glass do not drink it from the can. The worst beers and to expensive are Kiss me deadly and Honey bomb. Took some to a party to try nobody liked either of them.

I tried the Snowy beer and found it to have a subtle strange fruity/perfume taste that was off-putting. If it wasn't for that, I thought it was okay. I tend more towards the Carlsberg or "U" beer for normal consumption. If I want to splurge, I will buy a Dunkel from one of the various German imports.

• Thanks 1

Happy to see these positive posts, been away for a few days and planning to have a few in the bar on Friday night but didn't see any today in BigC or the nearby wholesaler and was wondering if it had been withdrawn already. Hope the bar is still stocking them, haven't been in 7 so don't know the score there.

Edited by rott

Saw it yesterday and didn't bite. Thx for the review, but still have to give it a go sometime. All Thai beers suck, but the ones (imo) that suck least are Cheers X-tra (red) & Cheers (blue), respectively. 

On 5/23/2018 at 8:34 PM, rott said:

Happy to see these positive posts, been away for a few days and planning to have a few in the bar on Friday night but didn't see any today in BigC or the nearby wholesaler and was wondering if it had been withdrawn already. Hope the bar is still stocking them, haven't been in 7 so don't know the score there.

I think 7-11 is the only place they're sold. Still available, 55 baht large can. 

Yes 55 in 7, since been in and clocked it. The bar I was in last night still does them, not sure of the price because someone else insisted on paying my bin. My main interest is the 4% abv, whether it is any better or worse than the others I could not say. To me all the beer here is drinkable, none of it memorable.

On 5/25/2018 at 5:00 AM, lamyai3 said:

I think 7-11 is the only place they're sold. Still available, 55 baht large can. 

Yes you are right 55 in 7. The bar I was in last night still does them, not sure of the price because somebody else insisted on paying my bin. My main interest is the 4% abv, whether it is a better or worse drink than the others I could not say. To me all Thai beer is drinkable, none of it memorable,

Edited by rott