Video: Appalling Thai driving - Thai media name and shame

rooster59

Video: Appalling Thai driving - Thai media name and shame

driving.JPG

Image: Daily News

Daily News - who have been conducting a long running campaign to try and improve Thai driving - reported on a Facebook clip that showed some appallingly reckless Thai driving.

The video shows workers pushing a pick-up onto the central reservation so that they can do a U-turn. A sticker of the highway electrical authority was emblazoned on the rear of the vehicle.

Daily News asked why they were so lazy to go to the next U-turn.

And why they were endangering the rest of the driving public with this crazy move.

The footage was posted by Jeerapa Klaynoi who said that the incident happened in Dan Khun Thot, Nakorn Ratchasima on Thursday morning.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-19
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Get Real said:

The worlds best brain surgery won´t help these guys. Totally beyond repair!

i don t believe that brain surgery is a solution to poor education and limited intelligence.  If it where there would be little need to attend 7 years of higher education to become a doctor. One could simply get "brain surgery" and become a Dr.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I am just wondering what is better (or for that matter worse).

Random motor accidents or random mass shootings and the likes in schools, public places etc...

Where can we find a safe haven?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wirat69 said:

Aaahhh.... they should have had a Toyota Revo with 4 wheel drive!!!!

Yep, obviously the rally driver overrated the capabilities of his simple pickup.

Risking lives, risking damage to the vehicle for pure laziness.

Yep, had a 2.2 ranger only becais ei didnt wait for the 3.2 making me the first owner in phuket. Absolute peice of garbage. Get stuck everywhere on the smallest of inclines whilst on driveways and such. Mind you it was only a one wheel drive really. No lsd and certainly no 4wd and was only a road going car. Got a 2.8 4*4 revo and only needed a truck to get it out of a bog once and its a hard working farm vehicle carrying a couple tons in he back all the time. Still a pc of crap but these morons could have avoided embarassement with something a little more suited. Cant understand the desire for big utes that arent 4*4. The ute tray alone aint enough of a bonus. 

Rule of thumb if you want to behave as a thai and uturn anywhere get a better car.

5 hours ago, ravip said:

I am just wondering what is better (or for that matter worse).

Random motor accidents or random mass shootings and the likes in schools, public places etc...

Where can we find a safe haven?

And what about random shootings AND 60 deaths per day on the roads.

Yes, in the US.

The deaths because of "school" shootings are awful, but the total number pales to the traffic deaths.

Strange thing is, it seems nobody gives a hoot about that daily carnage on the roads.

17 minutes ago, hansnl said:

And what about random shootings AND 60 deaths per day on the roads.

Yes, in the US.

The deaths because of "school" shootings are awful, but the total number pales to the traffic deaths.

Strange thing is, it seems nobody gives a hoot about that daily carnage on the roads.

I am not an American but you ought not to make a comparison simply by country name. USA has an approximate total area of just under 4 million square miles whereas Thailand is just under 2 hundred thousand square miles. Using your road death figure, you do the maths but you'll find area for area the USA is a lot less. USA has around 325 million people, Thailand around 69 million. Nope, no comparison. As for school shootings...it has nothing to do with America's driving habits...has it?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Get Real said:

So, that was why you where trying to seriously explain to me regarding a sarcastic joke I had been posting. Good to know.

I don´t know what hands have to do with this. When I sit here I write with both hands. Please don´t tell me more of your dirty fantasies.

One hand patting yourself on the back is a dirty fantasy?  I think you must fantasize that I fantasize about about you.  Perhaps you missed the the irony of my reply as condescension and sarcasm are the the only to arrows you have in your quiver.   

Edited by sisaketsam

35 minutes ago, sisaketsam said:

One hand patting yourself on the back is a dirty fantasy?  I think you must fantasize that I fantasize about about you.  Perhaps you missed the the irony of my reply as condescension and sarcasm are the the only to arrows you have in your quiver.   

I guessed you would contuinue with the hand, because the other more important message to you was to hard to comprehend.

Now you can continue talking to yourself, and come back when you want to comment about the threads. We have been out of topic too long time now.

Edited by Get Real
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I guessed you would contuinue with the hand, because the other more important message to you was to hard to comprehend.

Now you can continue talking to yourself, and come back when you want to comment about the threads. We have been out of topic too long time now.

And I knew you would come back with a condescending or sarcastic remark, no guess work there.  I also knew you would want the last word and then tell me toget back on topic.   What was it again... oh yes brain surgery and the Thai driver.  Truly a one trick pony, my intellectually endowed friend.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, missoura said:

It is common to see people using umbrellas while riding a motorcycle in Thailand. While not appalling, it is dangerous as they do tend to tumble from time to time.

umbrella.JPG

Is not the umbrella in lieu of a helmet?

6 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

Yeah, then you only freeze to death. :smile:

Antarctica.... you guys are freaking crazy.... what about the damn penguins?

6A4F149F-9503-44A6-AE62-B6C8EF7FA65B.png

Edited by farcanell
  • Haha 1