Crowds gather for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's glittering marriage ceremony

rooster59

Oh Lordy, now they are having tv debates as to whether Harry marrying a half black woman is going to change race relations in the UK. Must be a slow news week, or something.

Never mind, it'll all be forgotten soon, as the media turns to the up coming Trump visit to the UK.

8 hours ago, fanjita said:

I'll give their marriage five years tops.  Harry seems desperate and insecure.  Not sure what's going on in his head but he's sure as hell spending my money on his whim.

Actually he is not spending your money but don't let facts get in the way of a rant will you.

Firstly, I know this is slightly OT, but I wouldn't know where better to post, so if a mod wants to move it, that's fine.

I was interested in the car the couple left in, specifically the registration. From what I can see, it doesn't seem to be any format I can recognise as a UK registration?

(I assume the EU country-code to the left of the registration says GB, it's not absolutely clear to me?)

car-reg.png

Just now, bluesofa said:

Firstly, I know this is slightly OT, but I wouldn't know where better to post, so if a mod wants to move it, that's fine.

I was interested in the car the couple left in, specifically the registration. From what I can see, it doesn't seem to be any format I can recognise as a UK registration?

(I assume the EU country-code to the left of the registration says GB, it's not absolutely clear to me?)

car-reg.png

The numbers are the date: 19-05-18

1 minute ago, ballpoint said:

The numbers are the date: 19-05-18

Right, I missed the obvious there! What might be the 'E', I wonder?

So it wasn't going to be driven on a public highway? I saw the clip and thought they were going away somewhere, but more than likely it was only going to be within the Windsor Castle estate then?

13 hours ago, fanjita said:

I'll give their marriage five years tops.  Harry seems desperate and insecure.  Not sure what's going on in his head but he's sure as hell spending my money on his whim.

It takes two to make a marriage work, and yes Harry's fooled around, but they have a lot in common, particularly the support of good causes, and Harry loves children.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Public money was used for the security, at a time they have reduced the police forces below what they need to do their job.

Of course it was, in exactly the same manner as it is used at football matches every week, at every public demonstration, as it has been at the Ecudoran embassy for years to make sure that Assange cannot escape and countless other times.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...