Steel roofing sheets

salavan

Hi does anyone have any idea of the cost of steel roofing sheets not the cheap correlated stuff but the profile type I wanted a curve at one end so the water can run off.

Anybody know where I can buy it Yong house and Thai watsadu don't seem to sell it

IM also looking for someone to do the work any dear of the cost per square metre

0.3mm zinc-coated steel roof sheet is B60/m.

0.28mm is around B55/m.

Careful, I initially thought it was per m2 at first, it's not, rather per linear metre.

When working out quantities each sheet, once over-lapped, is 0.76m wide.

You'll have to ask around but there should be loads of suppliers around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grollies said:

inc0.3mm zinc-coated steel roof sheet is B60/m.

0.28mm is around B55/m.

Careful, I initially thought it was per m2 at first, it's not, rather per linear metre.

When working out quantities each sheet, once over-lapped, is 0.76m wide.

You'll have to ask around but there should be loads of suppliers around.

The OP can buy either zinc-coated steel sheet or zinc/aluminium coated. Zinc/aluminium is less dependent on coating mass in terms of life. He needs to be careful, there are some unscrupulous manufacturers with low coating masses where the product will rust out quite rapidly after the sacrificial protection of zinc is gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

The OP can buy either zinc-coated steel sheet or zinc/aluminium coated. Zinc/aluminium is less dependent on coating mass in terms of life. He needs to be careful, there are some unscrupulous manufacturers with low coating masses where the product will rust out quite rapidly after the sacrificial protection of zinc is gone.

I appreciate what you say. I bought 2,500m2 roof sheet last month.

Got it from a well-established supplier. I'm assuming that if his roof steel sheet was crap he wouldn't have been recommended and been in business so long.

• Like 1

Yep, and they'll come out and measure for free (as long as they're fairly close <20-30k). You can have it painted and the ends curled down too if you want.

All this sheet is pressed inhouse from a coil of flat sheet so as the man said above, you can have it cut to suit the length you need. Go for 0.3 to 0.35mm thick.

On 5/26/2018 at 5:35 PM, grollies said:

Yep, and they'll come out and measure for free (as long as they're fairly close <20-30k). You can have it painted and the ends curled down too if you want.

All this sheet is pressed inhouse from a coil of flat sheet so as the man said above, you can have it cut to suit the length you need. Go for 0.3 to 0.35mm thick.

I did exactly that, went to the factory ordered at 0.3 and watched them press me 5 sheets to the length i wanted. 90bt/m no insulation. 

If I can just add, I got mine colour bonded with plastic just in case anyone thinks 90bt for zinc is expensive.

Edited by eyecatcher
  • Like 1

On 5/27/2018 at 9:53 PM, eyecatcher said:

I did exactly that, went to the factory ordered at 0.3 and watched them press me 5 sheets to the length i wanted. 90bt/m no insulation. 

If I can just add, I got mine colour bonded with plastic just in case anyone thinks 90bt for zinc is expensive.

You might need ear muffs when it rains ?

2 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

i dont intend staying under my carport when it rains

Come back at the end of the rainy season and tell us that you would choose the same roofing again ...........?

4 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I would prefer to use something like this.

IMG_3159.thumb.JPG.7d04ddc2937c250eff9faf3a15bad809.JPGIMG_3161.thumb.JPG.c75e5390d3f93bfd4b9f1f6670e87a14.JPG

We are  having our undercover Car Port area extended by about 7.5M by 6.5M ...Holoroof are doing the work and they use UPVC  ... here is their FB Page  https://th-th.facebook.com/roofUPVC/ ... 

When  finished I'll post a few photos ... maybe interesting as we are using Steel Piles ...

Hope the quality is better than the imported translucent types they use for carports here - been there - they rot out from sun exposure in less than 10 years (high grade type - some much faster I suspect).  And extremely hot under them.