I Have A New "clean" Passport... Can I Stay Longer?

About six months ago, I went to the consulate in Singapore, they would only issue me one 60 day tourist visa (extendable by an additional 30 days in Thailand), and the official scoulded me saying I had too many Thailand tourists stamps in my passport, and that Singapore would NOT issue another tourist visa to me, and a note was written in my passport indicating this.

In the meantime, my U.S. passport expired, and I got a new "clean" one, issued in the U.S., with no stamps in it. Do you think I could now go back to Singapore and get a new 60 day tourist visa, or do they keep computer records, by name, of what they wrote in passports?

About six months ago, I went to the consulate in Singapore, they would only issue me one 60 day tourist visa (extendable by an additional 30 days in Thailand), and the official scoulded me saying I had too many Thailand tourists stamps in my passport, and that Singapore would NOT issue another tourist visa to me, and a note was written in my passport indicating this.

In the meantime, my U.S. passport expired, and I got a new "clean" one, issued in the U.S., with no stamps in it. Do you think I could now go back to Singapore and get a new 60 day tourist visa, or do they keep computer records, by name, of what they wrote in passports?

hard to believe actually. did u do anything naughty that might have been stamped in ur passport?

You shouldn't have any problems at all. :o

hard to believe actually. did u do anything naughty that might have been stamped in ur passport?

No, I did nothing naughty at all, other than have over a year and a half in and out of Thailand. The gal in Singapore said something like "you've been living continuously in Thailand"... but I had left a few times for a month at a time. I did have one little naughty overstay, of only ONE day, which I paid, I think 500 baht fine. She said something like "you can go to another consulate somewhere, but Singapore won't issue you a multiple entry 60 day visa.

My passport was about 8 years old, and had lots and lots of stamps in it, lots of extra pages added... but nothing else bad.

I have this mention in my passport too from the Singapore Embassy, my passport is not handy but it says something like "will only issue TV from Sg RTE this time only".

"Sg RTE" being the Singapore Royal Thai Embassy I suppose and "TV" for Tourist Visa.

I was there with 3 family members, both my mom and step dad got no mention, only me and my step brother got this note handwritten in our passports.

I like the Thai embassy in Singapore .... very clear. No mistakes.

==============================================================================

I was there with 3 family members, both my mom and step dad got no mention, only me and my step brother got this note handwritten in our passports.

Wow, a whole family living as eternal tourist. Where do you guys live on? There must be at least one of you working here without

permission ...

Edited by sniffdog

Wow, a whole family living as eternal tourist. Where do you guys live on? There must be at least one of you working here without

permission ...

Why - they could just be a rich family...

Weho - in the (apparently unlikely) event you can't get a visa in Singapore, KL sounds like it's ok. And Penang. The super cautious could build in opportunities to try both by taking the train back up...

I like the Thai embassy in Singapore .... very clear. No mistakes.

permission ...

My parents are retired and now on non-imm visas. Myself, I am married and I am now on a non-imm as well. What happened with the Singapore Thai Embassy was last year, when that happened we were in Thailand for about 4-5 months. And none of us are working whatsoever in Thailand. Thanks four your ASSumptions.

The Embassies and Consulates (Staff attitude) generally reflect the characteristics of the Host Country.

Singapore = Stern and Business-like

Penang, KL = Relaxed and friendly

Myanmar = Suspicious

I will leave the rest for you to piece together, you will see what I mean.

Its natural for the staff of an embassy to follow the lifestyle of the Host country,

in deed, actions and thought.