Suphan Buri teens killed in ‘daredevil’ road race

webfact

Suphan Buri teens killed in ‘daredevil’ road race

By The Nation

sp.jpg

Two motorcyclists, ages 15 and 16, were killed “daredevil racing” in Suphan Buri just after midnight on Wednesday. Police were called to the scene on Ban Thai Nam-Saphan Bueng Chawak Road in Moo 8, Doem Bang Nang Buat district, at 12.30am.

Residents said a group of boys often raced their bikes on the road late at night, pairing off and driving towards and past each other at top speed.

Police had already been summoned to the location Tuesday evening, but the racers fled, only to regroup later.

The deaths occurred when one racer lost control and crashed head-on into the other.

The other youths then fled the scene.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30346085

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-05-23

19 hours ago, sweatalot said:

"The other youths then fled the scene."

Hopefully not without checking if they could help.

And may they be cured from their insanity from now on.

hahaha if you believe that.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

They damned well knew where I was at midnight at that age.

I was at the drive-in movies for a double feature, which in summer didn't start until after 9:30 p.m., usually with a buddy and two girls. I promise the parents had their worst fears realized, even knowing where we were. As we were all underage, everything was legal. Good little angels we were.

Where I come from 15 year olds don't leave home and smoke cigarettes and get drunk all night long. No one seems to care that a 15 year old should not be doing these things, that kids should be rested for school the next day, that they have no license or insurance or understanding of proper driving, and fatal accidents in the wee hours of the morning from these drunks are a regular occurrence. They must break a dozen laws every day. Parents do nothing and the same story repeats everyday all over Thailand. What kind of people does this create? Look around. Lazy, self centered, uneducated drunks, chain smokers with no future or dead. With parents that cared just a little bit, they could have been more than that.

Edited by canopy
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, canopy said:

Where I come from 15 year olds don't leave home and smoke cigarettes and get drunk all night long. No one seems to care that a 15 year old should not be doing these things, that kids should be rested for school the next day, that they have no license or insurance or understanding of proper driving, and fatal accidents in the wee hours of the morning from these drunks are a regular occurrence. They must break a dozen laws every day. Parents do nothing and the same story repeats everyday all over Thailand. What kind of people does this create? Look around. Lazy, self centered, uneducated drunks, chain smokers with no future or dead. With parents that cared just a little bit, they could have been more than that.

"What kind of people does this create?"

The "It's up to him".

"It's up to her"

"It's up to them" sort.

Stop it now,I get headache..

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:55 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

Fine by me. Two more morons off the road before they kill innocents. And their parents were where?????

What does it matter where their parents where, do 15 and 16-year olds have to be chaperoned by their parents?

6 hours ago, canopy said:

So much uncorroborated garbage in one post.  Were these two boys drunk?  Were they chain-smokers? Did they have no licences?  Did they have no insurance?

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Not all parents could be as damned perfect as yours apparently were.

I sincerely hope you are not a parent. Kids need to be taught right from wrong, something that many Thai kids are not taught. They are allowed to do as they please as that is the easy option for parents who are too lazy or too ignorant to be parents. Boys, especially, are not disciplined and - wow, Thailand is number one in the world in road deaths, over 80 percent of them young lads on motorcycles. Coincidence, or inevitable?

Perhaps you are from the generation that believed it was progressive to let kids 'roam free' and make their own mistakes. Look at where that has got the world today. With freedom comes responsibility, and that has to be taught and taught until it is second nature. It is the job of a parent to teach kids it is not only wrong but stupid and dicing with death to do what these kids were doing. They don't have to be perfect parents, as you put it. They just have to be parents doing what kids rely on parents doing - teaching them right from wrong.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I sincerely hope you are not a parent. Kids need to be taught right from wrong, something that many Thai kids are not taught. They are allowed to do as they please as that is the easy option for parents who are too lazy or too ignorant to be parents. Boys, especially, are not disciplined and - wow, Thailand is number one in the world in road deaths, over 80 percent of them young lads on motorcycles. Coincidence, or inevitable?

Perhaps you are from the generation that believed it was progressive to let kids 'roam free' and make their own mistakes. Look at where that has got the world today. With freedom comes responsibility, and that has to be taught and taught until it is second nature. It is the job of a parent to teach kids it is not only wrong but stupid and dicing with death to do what these kids were doing. They don't have to be perfect parents, as you put it. They just have to be parents doing what kids rely on parents doing - teaching them right from wrong.

Well, your thoughts about my being a parent are as inconsequential as they are irrelevant but, just for your edification, I am a parent four times over and they're all still alive.

Perhaps you don't know what you're talking about.

21 hours ago, Just Weird said:

So much uncorroborated garbage in one post.  Were these two boys drunk?  Were they chain-smokers? Did they have no licences?  Did they have no insurance?

You are naive. What do you think they were doing, helping each other with their homework at 12.30 in the morning?  This scenario with kids staying out late unsupervised smoking and drunk driving with no license or insurance is common all over Thailand and you haven't noticed? The parents have no oversight or control of their children and they do as they please and we can see what happens. I am afraid you need to start look around more and see what everyone else already knows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canopy said:

You are naive. What do you think they were doing, helping each other with their homework at 12.30 in the morning?  This scenario with kids staying out late unsupervised smoking and drunk driving with no license or insurance is common all over Thailand and you haven't noticed? The parents have no oversight or control of their children and they do as they please and we can see what happens. I am afraid you need to start look around more and see what everyone else already knows.

I know exactly what they were doing, they were racing, that`s why they are dead but you`re making daft assumptions just as the poster to whom I was commenting was.  Were these boys drunk?  Were they unlicenced and uninsured? Were they chain-smokers and, if they were, what has that got to do with the accident?