Ministry of foreign affairs in Phuket?

Is there a branch of the Ministry of foreign affairs in Phuket where I can get my Affirmation of Freedom to Marry legalized? I've read they they opened a branch here but found no info on services provided. 

Also, do you know which Amphoe office in Phuket doesn't require a legalized copy of passport when getting married. All to spare myself yet another trip to Bangkok. 

As far as I know there are only 3 legalization offices outside of Bangkok. There is one for each region of the country besides Bangkok that covers the central region.

They are shown here in Thai: http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/services/6441/87789-สถานที่รับรองเอกสาร.html

For the South it is in Songkhla.

Also the regional offices do not certify translations which the what you need to have done. Many translation service can arrange for the certification for a small additional fee.

The certification can also be done by mail to the Consular Affairs Department in Bangkok. See: http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/services/6441/72113-บริการรับรองเอกสารทางไปรษณีย์---Mailing-Service.html

MOFA will only accept a passport copy certified by your embassy. Looks like a trip to BKK! Use the translation service inside the MOFA office. They're situated on first floor as you walk off the escalators.

17 hours ago, Damaz6052 said:

MOFA will only accept a passport copy certified by your embassy.

Why would they want a copy of his passport. It would be an Amphoe that wanted the certified copy of his passport.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/25/2018 at 8:17 AM, ubonjoe said:

Why would they want a copy of his passport. It would be an Amphoe that wanted the certified copy of his passport.

It's a new requirement since late last year, this document also needs to be translated.

Archived