Urgent Help - invitation letter ?

Hi.

I really really need your help.

I am a Western living in Vietnam with a Vietnamese girlfriend .

We would like to stay in Thailand for 3 months, hence require a 60 days visa stay.

For me it is very easy to get that visa, but when we arrived to the embassy with all papers, they require her to show also an invitation letter.

We already have flight tickets to go and back (but flight back is for 60 days later), and we could not find anyone to help us with that letter.

We tried everyone we know. like EVERYONE.

Because this letter requires their passport + address in Thailand, people are worried.

We are really good people, and not going to overstay/work.

What else could we do to get that letter ?

Thanks.

going to be hard to get someone who doesn't now you to give you their passport and sponsor you>

Change your ticket

Filipinos intending to visit Thailand for touristic purposes are issued visas on arrival that are valid for a maximum stay of 30 days. They will need Philippine passports that are in good condition, and their passports must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the length of intended stay in Thailand; return or onward airline tickets; and proof of financial means to support their trip (at least THB10,000 per person or THB20,000 per family). Foreigners arriving in Thailand who are visa exempt, but do not possess return or onward tickets could be refused entry.

best bet, get ur free 30 day visa exempt for her and than a 15 day extension.  travel to Laos, Cambodia,Myanmar or Malaysia an return. Note u only get 15 days if u enter by land  NOT 30 as by air

http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/changes-visa-exempt.php

4 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

going to be hard to get someone who doesn't now you to give you their passport and sponsor you>

Change your ticket

best bet, get ur free 30 day visa exempt for her and than a 15 day extension.  travel to Laos, Cambodia,Myanmar or Malaysia an return. Note u only get 15 days if u enter by land  NOT 30 as by air

http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/changes-visa-exempt.php

A extension applied for at immigration is for 30 days.

Entries at land border crossings have been 30 days since January of 2017 when the order limiting visa exempt entries at land border crossings to 2 per calendar year went  into effect. The 15 day enry rule was rescinded at that time.

That website is not a official website and is way out of date.

41 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

For me it is very easy to get that visa, but when we arrived to the embassy with all papers, they require her to show also an invitation letter.

Are you applying at the embassy in Hanoi or at the consulate in Ho Chi Minh city?
Did you ask if you could do the invitation letter they mentioned?

On the consulate website it states this. "Letter of guarantee from your relatives / friends in Thailand  (with signature, copy of ID card / passport with expired visa, copy of household registration / renting contract of such relatives in Thailand)"

We where trying in Saigon but will be in Hanoi soon, why? Is it easier there?

i am not sure I can be the sponsor since they say I have to show that I have a rental agreement in Thailand, also, I am not in Thailand , we are going together ( I can only get that visa on my passport).

can they know ( or going to try to ) that I am not currently in Thailand?

can a tourist sponsor her? 

I asked where you were applying so I would know which website to check since they show different requirements.

The embassy website not does not mention the invitation letter. See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/hanoi/th/services/1761/25691-Tourist-Visa.html

If you are going to be in Hanoi it might be worth the effort to check with them.

Thanks a lot.

i guess you looked into Hanoi requirements for westerns. Saigon also has 2 websites with different requirements for Vietnamese and Westerns.

am I wrong?

You think I can also be a sponsor? Can’t find anything about it.

thank you again.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

thaiembassy.org should be "blacklisted" here.

A bunch of misinformation again and again.

6 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

So how can i know what are the rules? they just sent us back home with this letter thing.

OP, do you have confirmed hotel bookings in Thailand and return flights?

If you show these to the Embassy in Hanoi, then these may be sufficient, be prepared to show some funds available to you, just in case they ask.

13 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

The thaiembassy.org is a official website. About all embassy and consulate websites are on it. This is the main site that has links to all embassies and official consulates. http://www.thaiembassy.org/main/

It is the .com website that is not official.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mattd said:

OP, do you have confirmed hotel bookings in Thailand and return flights?

If you show these to the Embassy in Hanoi, then these may be sufficient, be prepared to show some funds available to you, just in case they ask.

How do you know that ??

We have:

1. proof of a lot of money in her account

2. proof of work for her in vietnam

3. hotels

4. flights tickets go and back

same goes for me.

24 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

i guess you looked into Hanoi requirements for westerns. Saigon also has 2 websites with different requirements for Vietnamese and Westerns.

am I wrong?

Yes you are wrong. There are two sites for Hanoi but one of them is the business information center site.

The Ho Chi Minh site is bilingual and has requirements for Vietnamese and foreigners. http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/home

Similar to China, unless your booking through a tour operator they request an Invitation letter if travelling as an individual and not as part of a Tour group.

Why don't you ring or e-mail the Thai Embassy in Hanoi, explain your visiting Thailand and can you supply the invitation letter for her to accompany you.

Tel: (84) 24 3823 5092-4 

(Satellite) 0 2354 6204-5

Fax: (84) 24 38235088

(Satellite) 0 2354 6202

Email: [email protected]

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hanoi/th/organize

Your only a sponsor if your financing her trip. otherwise she will have to provide (equivalent of)  proof of 20,000 baht in her own bank account.

Edited by Tanoshi

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

Not sure 100% for you but in April my Thai wife wrote the invitation letter in the embassy while with me. Maybe they would accept one from you ??

That was HCMC embassy.

but she is Thai... I am not .... that is the point, we really need a Thai person or someone who live there..

Maybe she could help us ? ?

Regarding the 2 websites in Hanoi, so you think i can count on the requirments there not mentioning this letter?

The link i see (google translated) : http://www.thaiembassy.org/hanoi/th/services/1761/25691-Tourist-Visa.html

5 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

Regarding the 2 websites in Hanoi, so you think i can count on the requirments there not mentioning this letter?

The link i see (google translated) : http://www.thaiembassy.org/hanoi/th/services/1761/25691-Tourist-Visa.html

That is the only info on the site. Whether they have different requirements for Vietnamese is unknown to me.

You could have your girlfriend contact them to find out if they want the letter or not.

23 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

How do you know that ??

We have:

1. proof of a lot of money in her account

2. proof of work for her in vietnam

3. hotels

4. flights tickets go and back

same goes for me.

I do not know for sure, however, logically and realistically, how many tourists can get an invitation letter from Thailand?

Try contacting the Embassy in Hanoi and explain the situation.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is the only info on the site. Whether they have different requirements for Vietnamese is unknown to me.

You could have your girlfriend contact them to find out if they want the letter or not.

We already tried to call every number they have and non of them is even valid.

Emails have no respond.

Really lost. I have enough money in my account to stay there for years with her(with proof), but this letter .... just can't find anyone who can give us his passport.

3 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

Really lost. I have enough money in my account to stay there for years with her(with proof), but this letter .... just can't find anyone who can give us his passport.

You only need signed copies of their passport. The original is certainly not required.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

You only need signed copies of their passport. The original is certainly not required.

Yea... no one wants to give it to us... even a photo.. but we are really good people.

That's why we came here. to find someone in Thailand for help.

If you don't trust us we can also give you our passport photo. 

10 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

We already tried to call every number they have and non of them is even valid.

Emails have no respond.

Have you tried their hotline number 09 0454 4800.

Have you contacted the hotel in Thailand and asked if they can provide you with something?

Not all Vietnamese tourists will be visiting Thailand via tour groups, so there must be a work around, does your GF know any other Vietnamese that have applied for a Thai visa successfully, that she can ask how they did this?

Failing this, then the only other option is to travel without a visa, enter for 30 days on a visa exempt entry, extend this for a further 30 days, then do a border run for the additional 30 days.

To do this, then you would be best having a flight out of Thailand (with changeable dates if possible, so can be changed once the extension is granted) at the end of the initial 30 days visa exempt entry, plus 10,000 Baht (or equivalent) in cash each, a pain, but at least it means the visit could go ahead.

Edited by Mattd

5 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Have you contacted the hotel in Thailand and asked if they can provide you with something?

Not all Vietnamese tourists will be visiting Thailand via tour groups, so there must be a work around, does your GF know any other Vietnamese that have applied for a Thai visa successfully, that she can ask how they did this?

Failing this, then the only other option is to travel without a visa, enter for 30 days on a visa exempt entry, extend this for a further 30 days, then do a border run for the additional 30 days.

To do this, then you would be best having a flight out of Thailand (with changeable dates if possible, so can be changed once the extension is granted) at the end of the initial 30 days visa exempt entry, plus 10,000 Baht (or equivalent) in cash, a pain, but at least it means the visit could go ahead.

Yea we asked and looked everywhere, couldn't find a similar case, or help. 

Just need that passport.

BTW, visa exempt is not for 15 days only ? how you know we are going to get it ? also border visa run is not also 15 by land ?

9 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

BTW, visa exempt is not for 15 days only ? how you know we are going to get it ? also border visa run is not also 15 by land ?

Visa exempt is for 30 days, as they are for a border entry, a border entry can only be done twice in a calendar year.

So long as you comply financially and flight wise, then there should be no problem getting these entries.

Surely the hotel can send you a copy of an ID card for the visa application?

Edited by Mattd

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A extension applied for at immigration is for 30 days.

Entries at land border crossings have been 30 days since January of 2017 when the order limiting visa exempt entries at land border crossings to 2 per calendar year went  into effect. The 15 day enry rule was rescinded at that time.

BUT what about Filipino passports

Citizens of Philippines entering Thailand by air will be granted a 30 day stay. Those entering Thailand by land land will be granted a 15 day stay.

Same as Cambodians/laos passports

seems they do get 30 day extensions thou like everyone,  my bad

Edited by phuketrichard

She could just enter without a visa, get a visa exempt stamp for 30 days and extend this for another 30 days. Then make a border run and get another 30 days.

Or do the border run after the first 30 days, then you can go together to the immigration when both of you have to get the 30 day extension.