Court Verdict On Prayuth’s Coup Due Next Month

Court Verdict On Prayuth’s Coup Due Next Month

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

k2.jpg

Junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha falls to the ground during a football match at Government House on Dec 14, 2016, just after he was tackled by his secretary Wilas Aroonsri.

BANGKOK — Arnon Nampha is set to hear a court verdict on insurrection charge in June. But the pro-democracy activist, who’s racked up an impressive litany charges, won’t be there as the defendant.

Although he himself has been accused of inciting sedition, this time he’s the plaintiff in a lawsuit filed against the regime accusing junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha of illegally overthrowing the elected government four years ago. The court will deliver its judgment – believed to be the first of its kind in history against any coup-maker – on June 22.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/05/25/court-verdict-on-prayuths-coup-due-next-month/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-05-25

If found guilty, they will be executed. That's too harsh. Just strip their ranks and 25 years in the cell will be fair play. Realistically, the amnesty they have written for themselves will most likely save their skin. The best I can hope for is that they will be found guilty and the NCPO dissolve. They walk out unhurt. That will signal that someone is working behind the scene to curb all the small and big Ps ambition. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eligius said:

I reckon I can give the gist of the verdict now:

'While the launching of a coup and the overthrowing of an elected government is in general terms and normal times a criminal act which is to be condemned, in the case of the defendant he was sincerely and genuinely acting in the defense of the realm at a time of mounting danger, preventing a civil war which might well have broken out if extreme (but justified) measures had not been taken.

The verdict of this court is thus: exceptional circumstances require exceptional action, and General Prayut took the brave risk upon himself of breaking a law in order to save the entire Thai nation from far greater harm. No stain attaches to his character, and he is to be commended for his selfless devotion to the Thai people.'

and I am sure he believes that

• Like 2

A post containing reference in violation of the following has been removed:

2) You will not use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

11 hours ago, Eligius said:

I reckon I can give the gist of the verdict now:

'While the launching of a coup and the overthrowing of an elected government is in general terms and normal times a criminal act which is to be condemned, in the case of the defendant he was sincerely and genuinely acting in the defense of the realm at a time of mounting danger, preventing a civil war which might well have broken out if extreme (but justified) measures had not been taken.

The verdict of this court is thus: exceptional circumstances require exceptional action, and General Prayut took the brave risk upon himself of breaking a law in order to save the entire Thai nation from far greater harm. No stain attaches to his character, and he is to be commended for his selfless devotion to the Thai people.'

That sums it up nicely. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, tracker1 said:

We all know he overthru an elected Government no what will the verdict be ?

The government, any government actually, is not elected!!!!!

The members of Parliament can be elected in office, and a government is formed by the Parliament.

• Confused 3

16 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

If found guilty, they will be executed. That's too harsh. Just strip their ranks and 25 years in the cell will be fair play. Realistically, the amnesty they have written for themselves will most likely save their skin. The best I can hope for is that they will be found guilty and the NCPO dissolve. They walk out unhurt. That will signal that someone is working behind the scene to curb all the small and big Ps ambition. 

Jeez Eric, cut down on the meds....

• Haha 2