What does the abbreviation กพท. mean?

xkkpafi

I cannot find an entry in any dictionary for กพท. but as its a newspaper story about Thai airlines, I would guess that the abbreviation refers to the Civil aviation Authority of Thailand. Finding the words that correspond to the abbreviation, I can only guess it means something like กรมการบิน พลเรือน แห่งประเทศไทย. Anyone have a definitive answer? Thanks.

1 hour ago, QuantumMech said:

The CAAT has a website at https://www.caat.or.th/ where they give their name as สำนักงานการบินพลเรือนแห่งประเทศไทย

Thanks QM, but does that fit the acronym กพท. or is this an 'unofficial' abbreviation that the Daily News has invented?

It seems to be the official acronym... for example, they have a post on Facebook that says "สำนักงานการบินพลเรือนแห่งประเทศไทย (กพท.)". And their Wikipedia page says "สำนักงานการบินพลเรือนแห่งประเทศไทย (อังกฤษ: The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand , ชื่อย่อ : กพท. , CAAT)"

A reversal Google search gives nothing but CAAT.

A lot of these acronyms of government entities start with ก usually for การ but sometimes กรม and end with ท for ไทย.

A reversal Google search gives nothing but CAAT.

A lot of these acronyms of government entities start with ก usually for การ but sometimes กรม and end with ท for ไทย.

It reminds me " to mo " for immigration office, which is pretty long in thai language

they just take two or three letters instead of the full word 

here, they take สำนักงานารบินลเรือนแห่งประเทศไ

11 hours ago, xkkpafi said:

Thanks QM, but does that fit the acronym กพท. or is this an 'unofficial' abbreviation that the Daily News has invented?

It's also used in the Thai Wiki about CAAT:

https://th.wikipedia.org/wiki/สำนักงานการบินพลเรือนแห่งประเทศไทย

ชื่อย่อ : กพท.

Archived