TVF Bitcoins supporters quite of late

Mind your own business and get on with your mode of investing. The Bitcoin forums are very lively thanks and I'm enjoying the ups and downs of being a BTC investor. It's a great time to buy and I'm buying.

45 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

We got toasted dude. Well I know I did, now sold every last coin at a loss. The concept is still relevant but the dynamics crushed the dream.

Why didn't you just hold onto them?    

I'm not buying BTC but I am buying a few altcoins and my plan is to hold them for between 5 - 10 years, and maybe longer depending how many I can accumulate and what price they reach in 5 years or so.  

I only use money that I would throw away, so if they all go to zero with no chance of a rebound I won't have lost anything.

It's NOT investing. Its purely speculation and if you are going to throw money at bitcoin be prepared to lose it all and not be devastated. In other words only buy the amount you can accept to 100% lose.

Personally my advise is to give it a wide berth. 

1 hour ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

It's NOT investing. Its purely speculation and if you are going to throw money at bitcoin be prepared to lose it all and not be devastated. In other words only buy the amount you can accept to 100% lose.

Personally my advise is to give it a wide berth. 

The horse has bolted. If you didnt buy cheap why buy at 15 grand? It's a fake coin. You can buy a harley for that price and at least get something for your money.

Can still buy a 2nd hand harley for 7 grand.

Quite "Q-U-I-E-T" and no surprise as almost all virtual currencies have nosedived since reaching their highs a few months back..and the trend appears to be further down. Taken QUITE a bath and nothing to crow about. :vampire:

Just now, Skeptic7 said:

Quite "Q-U-I-E-T" and no surprise as almost all virtual currencies have nosedived since reaching their highs a few months back..and the trend appears to be further down. Taken QUITE a bath and nothing to crow about. :vampire:

No surprise. The creators have sold down to mug buyers so that they can buy real assets. If I created a fake coin Id do the same big time.

3 hours ago, seancbk said:

I'm not buying BTC but I am buying a few altcoins and my plan is to hold them for between 5 - 10 years, and maybe longer depending how many I can accumulate and what price they reach in 5 years or so.  

I only use money that I would throw away, so if they all go to zero with no chance of a rebound I won't have lost anything.

Because I had 100,000s in there and did not want to wait the 5-10 years you propose. Would rather take the loss and move on - life's too short.

25 minutes ago, BobBKK said:
4 hours ago, seancbk said:

Because I had 100,000s in there and did not want to wait the 5-10 years you propose. Would rather take the loss and move on - life's too short.

Well unless the 100,000s you claim to have had was money you desperately needed, why not wait a few months?  Surely with an investment that large you were reading analyst reports and seeing the projections, which most people reckon will lead to even higher prices than we've seen.   

My personal goal of holding for 5-10 years is based on worst case scenario.  If my holdings became worth the target value I've set (in THB) anytime between now and whenever, I would sell (and use the money to expand my business).   I can afford to lose what I've invested as it was just extra beer money.  

As I see it, there are three problems with cryptocurrencies:

1/ No one knows or can predict which version is going to be successful. For every one that is, there are dozens which will bust. It's a chook raffle.

2/ Each cryptocurrency unit gets harder to make, so the energy and computer demands get to the stage of diminishing or negative returns.

3/ Governments don't like having a currency out there which is not controlled by them. They will seek to regulate or destroy. Owners will be the losers when that happens.

Feel free to disagree.

14 hours ago, seancbk said:

Well unless the 100,000s you claim to have had was money you desperately needed, why not wait a few months?  Surely with an investment that large you were reading analyst reports and seeing the projections, which most people reckon will lead to even higher prices than we've seen.   

My personal goal of holding for 5-10 years is based on worst case scenario.  If my holdings became worth the target value I've set (in THB) anytime between now and whenever, I would sell (and use the money to expand my business).   I can afford to lose what I've invested as it was just extra beer money.  

I think you'd be very, very lucky if they get back to anywhere near where they were within 5 years. If I see movement and excitement maybe I'll jump back in but Thailand is enforcing restrictions and as soon as I read that I got out. You are buying nothing, that's the problem. The future value is in money transfers but there is no way the world will sit there and allow that with no regulation/taxes. Good luck.  BTW I was sitting on a huge profit at one stage, sold and grinned but them bought back hoping for a bounce that never came. 

12 hours ago, BobBKK said:

I think you'd be very, very lucky if they get back to anywhere near where they were within 5 years. If I see movement and excitement maybe I'll jump back in but Thailand is enforcing restrictions and as soon as I read that I got out. You are buying nothing, that's the problem. The future value is in money transfers but there is no way the world will sit there and allow that with no regulation/taxes. Good luck.  BTW I was sitting on a huge profit at one stage, sold and grinned but them bought back hoping for a bounce that never came. 

I cant believe your first sentence. 

Its incredibly volatile. It should be back to high levels this year and then down again next yr.   5 yrs.... jesus. you think it will stay down for that long...

5 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

The markets are going green again now, think of it like brka, gold or any other investment class

Gains are measured in years, if not decades

Let's see in November December where we're at

Investing is a personal thing, every time they dip below £400 I buy more Ethereum, very happy with what I am doing so far, as you say time will tell, IMHO I expect them to be a lot higher than £400 in 18 months to two years

Brought at £385 this weekend, already back to £425

On 5/29/2018 at 8:34 PM, davidst01 said:

I cant believe your first sentence. 

Its incredibly volatile. It should be back to high levels this year and then down again next yr.   5 yrs.... jesus. you think it will stay down for that long...

We don't know but it had it's day in the sun and then the insiders took profits and it halved. Russian Roulette but good luck you might be right but you are purchasing thin air. The day I see it  starting to become 'normalized' and beats Western Union into the ground is the day I might climb back in.

Archived