Burglars stealing everything from Thai house - but the police prove useless

webfact

Burglars stealing everything from Thai house - but the police prove useless

news21.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A man in southern Thailand told the media that his house had been broken into 12 times.

But the cops have never made an arrest despite reports always being made.

Now the thieves have even started making off with the fittings like doorknobs and wires.

It started a while back when Sombat, 46, and his family went to live in another house only returning to their original property once or twice a month.

First it was things like the rice cooker and gas stove that went.

Now after a dozen thefts the thieves have moved on - the latest burglary saw the removal of plugs, wiring and switches - even all the doorknobs and bolts were unscrewed from every door.

The house on the Petchkasem Road between Krabi and Ao Luk is on one rai of land behind a sturdy concrete fence.

Police have so far been unsuccessful in making an arrest so the family went to Sanook in an effort to try and get the long arm of the law to pull their collective fingers out.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-28

Similar thing happened to an Australian friend of mine during a one month trip with his wife back to Aus.

Anything movable was stolen, all the wiring was pulled off the walls, as was any plastic water pipe and the staircase was almost completely dismantled for all the metal brackets holding it together.

The thief was not difficult to catch as there was a visible trail across the lawn and over the wall into the house next door.

Turns out it was the drug addict son of the old lady who lived there who'd spotted the police checking on the empty property everyday so he guessed the owner would be away for some time.

At a short trial he was sentenced to 6 months imprisonment, remarkably lenient for damage that took over a quarter of a million baht to put right.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

the family went to Sanook in an effort to try and get the long arm of the law to pull their collective fingers out.

Reverted to Sanook instead...…………….those fingers are firmly entrenched!

as said before burgled 12 times hello, wake up, you ought to know the form by now, and you are a Thai, a bit late for a camera i think, as going public the thief will pick on another unfortunate

2 words.  House sitter. 

I don't have a burglary issue (knock wood), but I came home from two trips to find leaks in my apartment ceiling (cheap PVC piping), and another time to find my refrigerator had given up the ghost a few weeks earlier.  So one or the other of my co-workers stays at my place when I'm gone.  They love it because it saves them an hour on their morning commute since I live close to the office.  And they collect all my AliExpress and Lazada packages that arrive when I'm gone. 

Win-win.

Archived