Gym membership in bkk

OzMan

I visited Fitness First in Tha phra shopping centre. Good facilities, but a year's membership is 2,658/month. Which is more expensive than Australia, 2,600 bht/month.Any suggestions on inexpensive health clubs in BKK? Also, Fitness First provide a range of classes included in the membership, but since I do not speak Thai they will not be much use to me.

• Like 1

I recently Joined Jetts fitness, On nut . Jetts Fittness have 4 or 5 clubs I think situated around BKK

-Air Conditioned

-Open 24 Hours

1500 for Joining Fee and 1500 Baht Keycard (You might be able to get them to negotiate not paying joining fee), but then its 1,500 Baht/Month after that

Think its also Cheaper to Pay for whole year

Facilities/Showers etc and Machines are fairly GOOD but not amazing. 

Edited by hydraides

Talking to a Thai lady today about fitness club membership. She thought that expats would need to pay a lot more for membership at the same club than Thai people. If this is correct is there a way around this? Asking a Thai to book membership in my name?

Personally I like hotel gyms.  Usually not as busy and they don't play music so I can listen to my own.  The Emporium Suites gym (phrong phong BTS) is 16,000 per year for an off-peak membership (10-15.00 each day) and 25,000 for an unrestricted one, IIRC.