Italy poll shows support for right-wing League up, 5-Star steady

webfact

Italy poll shows support for right-wing League up, 5-Star steady

2018-05-30T065326Z_1_LYNXNPEE4T0FS_RTROPTP_3_ITALY-POLITICS.JPG

Anti-establishment 5-Star Movement leader Luigi Di Maio speaks to the media during the second day of consultations with the Italian President Sergio Mattarella at the Quirinal Palace in Rome, Italy, April 5, 2018. REUTERS/Alessandro Bianchi/Files

ROME (Reuters) - An Italian opinion poll published on Wednesday showed support for the right-wing League party up eight percent to 25.4 percent compared to is result at the March 4 elections.

The IPSOS poll in the Corriere della Sera newspaper also showed support for the 5-Star Movement holding steady at about 32.6 percent.

Another poll on Monday showed the League jumping 10 points to 27.5 percent and the 5-Star falling about three points to 29.5 percent.

In both cases, the two would have a majority in parliament if they decided to join forces as they did after the March vote.

(Reporting By Philip Pullella)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-05-30
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Go the voting population of Italy..go for it..do not be subservient to the brussels jobworths

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You really don't understand do you?

Have you seen the bond yield? Do you know what it means?

The 5 star movement will be 1 star pretty quickly.

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Go the voting population of Italy..go for it..do not be subservient to the brussels jobworths

We saw predictions of how the French and Dutch were going to vote to leave not just the Eurozone but the EU in recent elections. That didn't turn out so well. In fact, in France, the factionin Le Pen's party  that supported leaving the Eurozone got thrown out because the party's voter overwhelmingly were opposed to leaving the Euro. So let's not get too excited, just yet.

I consider the EU headquarters and Bruxelles as a buch of bully crooks.

But on the other hand to see such emergence of hard core right wing political groups all over Europe is scary and reminds us of the darker periods of history...something similar started in Germany just before WW2, dont' forget!!

Edited by observer90210
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Re the emergence of etc etc. ...I honestly believe that many people in the UK and in mainland europe have had it up to their back teeth of being bossed by unelected brussels jobsworths who are in the back pocket of likes of soros..goldman sachs..rothchilds etc etc..
Can you explain to me why the reps from aforementioned banks.soros.scummy blair etc can have closed door meetings with tusk.drunkard I mean junkard etc.
Which eu countries to they represent?????.
The eu totally sucks big time..but as the brussels jobsworths take their orders from soros etc..there is NO CHANCE of the eu changing their ways imo.
Can you honestly blame people for having enough of being subservient to the very wealthy chattering class.
Many people do not want any more uneducated immigrants who cause massive problems.
Merkel admitted quite recently that there are " no go areas" in a lot of german cities due to her immigration policy when she was the top kiddie in the previous german government.
People have feelings .. only fools worship money imo.

Of course all that you say makes sense....but it would be a mistake (and worse) if history is repeated, that's all I humbly wanted to point out.

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

I consider the EU headquarters and Bruxelles as a buch of bully crooks.

But on the other hand to see such emergence of hard core right wing political groups all over Europe is scary and reminds us of the darker periods of history...something similar started in Germany just before WW2, dont' forget!!

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

Re the emergence of etc etc. ...I honestly believe that many people in the UK and in mainland europe have had it up to their back teeth of being bossed by unelected brussels jobsworths who are in the back pocket of likes of soros..goldman sachs..rothchilds etc etc..
Can you explain to me why the reps from aforementioned banks.soros.scummy blair etc can have closed door meetings with tusk.drunkard I mean junkard etc.
Which eu countries to they represent?????.
The eu totally sucks big time..but as the brussels jobsworths take their orders from soros etc..there is NO CHANCE of the eu changing their ways imo.
Can you honestly blame people for having enough of being subservient to the very wealthy chattering class.
Many people do not want any more uneducated immigrants who cause massive problems.
Merkel admitted quite recently that there are " no go areas" in a lot of german cities due to her immigration policy when she was the top kiddie in the previous german government.
People have feelings .. only fools worship money imo.

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

Of course all that you say makes sense....but it would be a mistake (and worse) if history is repeated, that's all I humbly wanted to point out.

On the one hand you fear the emergence of hard core right wing political groups but you approve of an anti-semitic diatribe? What exactly is it you fear about hard core right wing groups?

On the one hand you fear the emergence of hard core right wing political groups but you approve of an anti-semitic diatribe? What exactly is it you fear about hard core right wing groups?
Bristol boy..I do not give a toss for religion..as all religions are plc's imo.
The religion of any of the very wealthy chattering class neans he haw to me..it's the power they wield over the average man/woman that I intensly loath.
Now..on the religious bit..if s person talks to/worships an imaginary friend..he/she is thought to be nuts/mad..but if a large group of people do the same..it's called religion??
Strange???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, malagateddy said:

Bristol boy..I do not give a toss for religion..as all religions are plc's imo.
The religion of any of the very wealthy chattering class neans he haw to me..it's the power they wield over the average man/woman that I intensly loath.
Now..on the religious bit..if s person talks to/worships an imaginary friend..he/she is thought to be nuts/mad..but if a large group of people do the same..it's called religion??
Strange???

And yet you single out the Rothchilds. What makes them worse than other bankers?

EU needs to put the spade down and stop digging. This idea that they can influence everything through economic threats or manipulation from the shadows needs to be dropped. The comments of the German minister are very revealing to say the least. The average man/woman in the street in many places are getting a little annoyed and it's only a matter of time before they vote out your stooges Brussels.

• Like 2

And yet you single out the Rothchilds. What makes them worse than other bankers?
I do not know the names of many of the attendees re closed door brussels meetings..but it's reported that soros..rothchilds..goldman sachs..sociopath blair have had quite a few meetings..no doubt giving their jobsworth eu underlings their orders.
Let you into little secret..I fully support Israel..I also voted UKIP..my home city was Glasgow and I am a Royalist and a Unionist[emoji6]

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

I do not know the names of many of the attendees re closed door brussels meetings..but it's reported that soros..rothchilds..goldman sachs..sociopath blair have had quite a few meetings..no doubt giving their jobsworth eu underlings their orders.
Let you into little secret..I fully support Israel..I also voted UKIP..my home city was Glasgow and I am a Royalist and a Unionistemoji6.png

"It's reported...." Exactly what is your source for these reports? Generally, I find that if a vague and impersonal phrase like "It's reported" is used, it means either the information that follows it is made up or comes from dubious and dishonest sources.

• Like 2

"It's reported...." Exactly what is your source for these reports? Generally, I find that if a vague and impersonal phrase like "It's reported" is used, it means either the information that follows it is made up or comes from dubious and dishonest sources.
Try reading UK newspapers

• Like 1

Just now, goldenbrwn1 said:

It doesn’t . How would anyone know what took place in these meetings?

That was obviously a speculative comment as you well know. I’m just pointing out to you that these meetings take place and have been reported in the U.K. papers..

Oh it’s speculation, rumor, conspiracy theory.

Meetings taking place - shock horror!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Just now, The Renegade said:

Yes, meetings take place and so do phone calls.

Something far wrong when the President of Italy agreed with the appointment of the Interior Minister, a man who had pledged to round up and deport 400,000 migrants.

Then rejects the appointment of a highly qualified Individual as Finance Minister because he had previously spoken out against the €.

Interior Minister no threat to the EU, Finance Minister big threat to the € and by extension the EU.

No EU involvement here folks, it was all down to the Italian president.

Oh it’s speculation, rumor, conspiracy theory.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh it’s speculation, rumor, conspiracy theory.

Where is the speculation, rumour or conspiracy theory ?

19 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Something far wrong when the President of Italy agreed with the appointment of the Interior Minister, a man who had pledged to round up and deport 400,000 migrants.

Then rejects the appointment of a highly qualified Individual as Finance Minister because he had previously spoken out against the €.

Easily available in all the British Media that you read, they also use the English spelling of rumour

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Where is the speculation, rumour or conspiracy theory ?

Easily available in all the British Media that you read, they also use the English spelling of rumour

Which bit of your post (#25) did you omit when you reposted it at (#27)?

Doh!